HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 11:47 PM
JACKinBeantown

I remember the copper color. Do you remember the name of the toy store?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 12:49 AM

Toy Box.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 1:04 AM
JACKinBeantown

Wow, this has jogged a long forgotten memory. Inside these doors were where you dealt with layaway purchases at Sears in Central Park Mall.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5181...7i13312!8i6656

And Sea Island is still there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5169...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 1:20 AM

I worked at Foley's as a teenager.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 12:07 PM
JACKinBeantown

I got my first suit at Satel's (#12 - lower level) and my black light cobra poster at Spencer Gifts (#8 - upper level).

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...cpm_map_68.jpg

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I got my first suit at Satel's (#12 - lower level) and my black light cobra poster at Spencer Gifts (#8 - upper level).

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...cpm_map_68.jpg
Thanks for posting this. Brings back lots of memories. Nettie Brooks was my great-grandmother. Spent lots of time in that mall. Had to visit sears recently before it closed. Still smelled the same, same flooring and railing around the escalator area. I remember when they took the fountain out and added the merry-go-round.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 8:53 PM
Meh

Elevations for 307 Dwyer Boulevard. One of the buildings is 78 feet with 6 floors.

https://sanantonio.legistar.com/Legi...tions=&Search=

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 6:48 PM

EVO Entertainment plans 15,000-seat amphitheater in Schertz

San Antonio Business Journal
By Ryan Salchert – Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Jul 26, 2018, 1:15pm CDT Updated 22 minutes ago

[IMG][/IMG]

San Marcos-based EVO Entertainment Group has plans to complement its previously proposed project in Schertz with its first amphitheater called EVO Live.

The company, which has multiple movie theater and entertainment complexes in Texas, describes EVO Live as a state-of-the-art outdoor music and entertainment venue with seating for nearly 15,000 people. The company's first EVO Live will be on 27 acres just south of the proposed EVO Entertainment complex at Wiederstein Ranch.

EVO CEO Mitchell Roberts said Josh Majors — director of development for WR1 LLC, the company developing Wiederstein Ranch — was key in discussing how to incorporate music and live entertainment into EVO.

"We were brainstorming ideas that would complement our EVO Entertainment facility, as well as the overall development at Weiderstein Ranch, and Josh had the idea of a live music venue," Roberts said. "It just so happened that an amphitheater was something I had been kicking around. As far as time and place, I can’t think of any better. The I-35 corridor, particularly the Schertz area, is absolutely exploding but has a noticeable void when it comes to entertainment options. EVO, EVO Live and the Weiderstein Ranch development are primed to not only fill that void, but become an incredible entertainment destination unlike anything we’re currently seeing in Central Texas."

The venue will feature multiple tiers of seating, including covered reserved seating, a lawn area and VIP club areas, as well as multiple food and drink options. The venue plans to host an array of national touring artists and talent, as well as local artists and other community events, with the goal of becoming a national destination and year-round gathering place. EVO Entertainment Group will operate and manage the facility, and Roberts said he's in talks with national companies to handle programming and talent booking at the venue.

A parking lot with more than 2,000 spaces will be exclusively for amphitheater goers.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 7:07 PM

That's great news and it's something SA has been missing since they shut down the old Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

Speaking of which, are they planning on upgrading the old amphitheater or will this be a completely new venue? I reached my free article limit with the SABJ so I couldn't access the full article.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post
That's great news and it's something SA has been missing since they shut down the old Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

Speaking of which, are they planning on upgrading the old amphitheater or will this be a completely new venue? I reached my free article limit with the SABJ so I couldn't access the full article.
New. Right behind the movie theater they ARE building. I told my "good authority" that they will no longer be relied upon... ( suburban thread for context)

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post

The Verizon Amphitheater is now a church.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 9:43 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysal View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

San Marcos-based EVO Entertainment Group has plans to complement its previously proposed project in Schertz with its first amphitheater called EVO Live.

The company, which has multiple movie theater and entertainment complexes in Texas, describes EVO Live as a state-of-the-art outdoor music and entertainment venue with seating for nearly 15,000 people. The company's first EVO Live will be on 27 acres just south of the proposed EVO Entertainment complex at Wiederstein Ranch.

EVO CEO Mitchell Roberts said Josh Majors — director of development for WR1 LLC, the company developing Wiederstein Ranch — was key in discussing how to incorporate music and live entertainment into EVO.

"We were brainstorming ideas that would complement our EVO Entertainment facility, as well as the overall development at Weiderstein Ranch, and Josh had the idea of a live music venue," Roberts said. "It just so happened that an amphitheater was something I had been kicking around. As far as time and place, I can’t think of any better. The I-35 corridor, particularly the Schertz area, is absolutely exploding but has a noticeable void when it comes to entertainment options. EVO, EVO Live and the Weiderstein Ranch development are primed to not only fill that void, but become an incredible entertainment destination unlike anything we’re currently seeing in Central Texas."

The venue will feature multiple tiers of seating, including covered reserved seating, a lawn area and VIP club areas, as well as multiple food and drink options. The venue plans to host an array of national touring artists and talent, as well as local artists and other community events, with the goal of becoming a national destination and year-round gathering place. EVO Entertainment Group will operate and manage the facility, and Roberts said he's in talks with national companies to handle programming and talent booking at the venue.

A parking lot with more than 2,000 spaces will be exclusively for amphitheater goers.

Pretty Damn Sweet!!!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
New. Right behind the movie theater they ARE building. I told my "good authority" that they will no longer be relied upon... ( suburban thread for context)
Thank you. More excited about it now that I know it'll be a totally new development.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
The Verizon Amphitheater is now a church.
I didn't realize they had converted it into anything. Good to hear its not just sitting there doing nothing.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysal View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

this is outstanding news for the entire SA area as it will be able to bring back many of the groups that SA stopped getting when the Verizon amphitheater closed. it will put SA back in the music scene again. as for the area, hopefully this will generate the development of some better restaurants. but god help that part of I-35.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:36 AM

New University Hospital tower is being developed on that massive campus.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...cing-452m.html

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 2:57 AM

https://sanantonio.legolanddiscovery...opening-times/

Does anyone know what this? Shops at RiverCenter?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
The long abandoned Four Oaks Tower off Huebner Road may soon finally be finished, though not as originally planned.

The nine-story, 82,206-square-foot tower, which was built more than a decade ago to be a 47-unit luxury senior living complex, is being converted into a 91-unit luxury apartment complex by Mission DG, an affiliate of local developer 210 Development Group. The redeveloped apartment complex at 11327 Expo Blvd. will feature new amenities including an infinity pool and coworking space.

"It's interesting because the first floor was finished-out, the second floor had a few units finished, and the top floor had six finished-out penthouses. Everything else was basically a shell," 210 Development Group Assistant Project Manager Holly Thoman said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...become-91.html

Current street view...
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5461...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:32 AM

Anyone know what they might be building at the old Bank of America drive-through banking center of i/10 and Wurzbach, near the Omni hotel off of the colonnade area?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio