HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 8:58 PM
BANNED

make the bad man stop, mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
For your information, I do live in a 'swanky' downtown (Winnipeg) condo that was very analogous to Capital Pointe in terms of delays and such. I put my initial deposit down in 2006 and didn't get to move in until 2010.

You sure sound sensitive (and aggressive) about this Capital Pointe stuff.

Yeah, well you needed to move in, I don't ... so is CP good for me? Lets try comparing apples with apples guys.

And yeah yeah yeah ... I'm all sensitive ... Got anything else? Alright, now move on and lets get to the fact behind why this builder lacks credibility for an investor like me.

"He's hurting my feelings, I don't understand, mommy ... wahn wahn wahn".

Get over it. I'm the only thing making you losers sound the least bit interesting.

Speaking of which, whose turn is it to ride their BMX bike to the location and blog back here?

Trust me, you'll thank me later for helping you boys think thru this.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 9:38 PM

Couple of things:

Yes, I have heard from people who are working on the site underground who are moving the box to allow for the project to dig a whole.

Yes I do believe the project will happen although there is no way they will have the hotel open for Grey Cup as they suggested. I am betting hole gets dug this fall/winter and that part won't be done til at least 2014 as SaskPower has a lot of work to do. (complete guess on my part as to timeline of hotel completion)

Yes, I can understand people being frustrated by this and know that some wouldn't say anything positive about this project even if/when the project gets finished. But you have to understand that these people do this about every development in the city. While I agree that the osmo's of this page do get frustrating as they slag every building and development in this city. This is not the correct way to go about it. It makes you look as condescending and for lack of better words dumb as they are.

The reason people are frustrated by this is because for about 3 years, we have gone on a roller coaster with these guys as the project was "days away" from beginning only to find out that they aren't anywhere near starting the project. Nobody is saying that the project wouldn't be a huge development in the city and we all want it to start. What people can't stand is the fact we have been lied to time and time again about the project. Even if/when the project does happen, people will remember this and I doubt that the company would be able to do another development here again.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 9:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mian View Post
Yeah, well you needed to move in, I don't ... so is CP good for me? Lets try comparing apples with apples guys.

And yeah yeah yeah ... I'm all sensitive ... Got anything else? Alright, now move on and lets get to the fact behind why this builder lacks credibility for an investor like me.

Get over it. I'm the only thing making you losers sound the least bit interesting.

Speaking of which, whose turn is it to ride their BMX bike to the location and blog back here?

Hmmm, I'd say based on the amount of time you spend browsing through postings on this board and making your own postings that you must have a lot of time on your hands. Now... what kind of people have a lot of time on their hands? Yes, that's right... immature little boys that still live at home in their mommy's basements.

P.S. Before you haul off and make some more childish comments; I own my own house, I've lived in a condo and my mommy's been dead for 10 years.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
working stiff

Opinions

Quote:

It sounds like you're frustrated with how things are unfolding. I would be too if I were in your shoes.

Best of luck.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 5:20 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
While many here are hobbyists, there are those who are highly involved in the industry either at the architecture level, planning level, construction level or the sales level. This site caters to both amateur and professional. Some of those who have commented on your posts are among the latter. It behooves you to enter threads like this with respect for the other posters. Insulting like this and calling everyone in the thread morons is not accepted and is ultimately bannable behaviour. Please take this as a warning.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 5:37 AM

Quote:

See You Tube video in link

http://www.google.ca/search?q=goosfr...FsKo2wXbw7T8Aw

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Umm, well, I'm considering buying another unit in this building, I love the project, love the delays, and love the approx $15k-20k rise in price since I bought.
Just curious, have they actually increased the sale price of these units $15-20k or are you just basing this figure on the overall increase in the Regina real estate market since you bought?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 6:55 PM

How can a piece of paper be worth anything more? I assumed value projections would start the minute the units go online in their physical form?

I am sure you can hedge that your piece of paper has risen in value but the market will decide what its worth when the unit is online. Aside from a jump in inflation you can't guarantee a profit and if CP did when they sold you a unit they were committing fraud.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
While many here are hobbyists, there are those who are highly involved in the industry either at the architecture level, planning level, construction level or the sales level. This site caters to both amateur and professional. Some of those who have commented on your posts are among the latter. It behooves you to enter threads like this with respect for the other posters. Insulting like this and calling everyone in the thread morons is not accepted and is ultimately bannable behaviour. Please take this as a warning.
Agreed.

Also, wheres 1ajs? Your the only other mod than him and harls that has visited us in ages.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 3:38 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

From yesterday.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Umm, well, I'm considering buying another unit in this building, I love the project, love the delays, and love the approx $15k-20k rise in price since I bought.

Here's why: It all depends on your point of view.
If you purchased here to live in a unit, I'll admit it sucks to have to wait, and it would be reasonable to be full of regret (although the +$20k rise you've seen probably still helps, right? )

But if you've purchased here as an investment, and not looking to live in your unit (like me and many other investors) - you're doing good. Firstly, you can sit back and relax, i.e. no worries of tenants, condo fees, closing costs, mortgage financing, etc, etc ... and while you're sitting back, the value of the property is still going up, at least along with the general rise in the Regina market - and the rise has been good and is projected to still be good

Next, all you complainers complain that this builder this and this builder that ... you guys don't know crap ... talking like you're in the know, making conclusion that they got no credibility ... Really, well your City Hall doesn't think so. Your feasibility guys didn't think so. Your planners didn't think so. You guys don't even do any research, just thoughts in your head spread out on this blog, because you have waaaaay to much time on your hands.

Go to your City hall, Planning Office, Floor 6. Ask them. Then spew your loser I-live-in-my-moms-basement crap.

Cry-babies ... their not building fast enough, how come I don't see any activity, but they're outsiders, but they got no credibility, wah wah wah ... what are you guys, talking like you have all the answers - you all must be billionaires, you all sound like you know how to build condos, so go out and build them, rather than posting your sissy-ass posts. Gimme a break.

(And this is where many of you nasally-non-starters start typing away "Um guys, I think he works for the condo, that's why he's writing all this" Wah wah)

Anyhow, maybe you guys just hate tall buildings. People in Ottawa use to have the same small-minded thoughts. But condos will make your pathetic downtown core proud, you need them, and you'll learn to love them.

Thank goodness I'm here.

Wow man...I'm an investor as well and this is just... inexcusably immature on your part.

Any "real" investors that I know of doesn't belittle individuals like that. Always educate. And some concerns may be legit. This post of yours is a completely moronic post in most regards.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker58 View Post
Couple of things:

Yes, I have heard from people who are working on the site underground who are moving the box to allow for the project to dig a whole.

Yes I do believe the project will happen although there is no way they will have the hotel open for Grey Cup as they suggested. I am betting hole gets dug this fall/winter and that part won't be done til at least 2014 as SaskPower has a lot of work to do. (complete guess on my part as to timeline of hotel completion)

Yes, I can understand people being frustrated by this and know that some wouldn't say anything positive about this project even if/when the project gets finished. But you have to understand that these people do this about every development in the city. While I agree that the osmo's of this page do get frustrating as they slag every building and development in this city. This is not the correct way to go about it. It makes you look as condescending and for lack of better words dumb as they are.

The reason people are frustrated by this is because for about 3 years, we have gone on a roller coaster with these guys as the project was "days away" from beginning only to find out that they aren't anywhere near starting the project. Nobody is saying that the project wouldn't be a huge development in the city and we all want it to start. What people can't stand is the fact we have been lied to time and time again about the project. Even if/when the project does happen, people will remember this and I doubt that the company would be able to do another development here again.
Sounds like to me the developers jumped the gun without doing all their homework beforehand.

I hope it gets done, this would be one heck of a nice skyscraper in Regina.

Good luck guys. You gotta keep in mind that this is a large scale development. With these things, there are so many pieces that have to come together on many many sides. If all this work has been done and something changes, then it could upset the entire table and some of the things that took a long process may have to be replanned. This post (from Baker) is informative to some of the potential building issues and it sounds like something unforeseen.

Ignore the nincompoop who keeps littering emoticons and dancing bananas in their posts like a little schoolgirl.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 4:20 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
Agreed.

Also, wheres 1ajs? Your the only other mod than him and harls that has visited us in ages.
Some houses need a fresh coat of paint. (Literally.)

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 4:43 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i try to drop in check everyday but don't allways get to all the threads if something pops up pm me. and yes i am helping paint a friends mothers house. todays a rain day

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 9:45 PM
Mooderator

Holy crap. Calling people morons? This area ain't my jurisdiction but.. so long, friend.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Holy crap. Calling people morons? This area ain't my jurisdiction but.. so long, friend.
Internet plus anonymity equals... you all know the rest.

All sides could stand to cool down, though, and stop trying so hard to win an argument in the abstract. I hope this development goes ahead, certainly there's reason to be skeptical, but people need to stop making this so personal, and that goes for the skeptics dragging the developers' names through the mud. There's no reason to start talking about the city seizing the property just yet.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 10:35 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Internet plus anonymity equals... you all know the rest.
Not sure if this was directed at me, but if someone signs up to a forum just to call people morons, it isn't a very good sign..

Plus I call people idiots a lot, but they love me.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Not sure if this was directed at me
Not at all.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 PM

hmm so this might actually still happen, is it just waiting on contractors that is the problem?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-TanK- View Post
hmm so this might actually still happen, is it just waiting on contractors that is the problem?
Nope, its about money and they do not have any....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan