HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1081  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 2:55 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Yeah, Mitterand was here for 3 days during May of '87. An Air France B707 accompanied the Concorde.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1082  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 12:13 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,335
When will the design and plans be announced regarding YQR's expansion?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1083  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 12:31 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
When will the design and plans be announced regarding YQR's expansion?
YQR is already expanding --- big time!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1084  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 3:31 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
YQR is already expanding --- big time!
How about the main terminal building?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1085  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 4:18 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
How about the main terminal building?
For the ATB, shovels are 'planned' to start digging in 2018. As for announcements, I don't know. Completion/ribbon cutting is 'planned' for 2021. The timeline may change though, but not likely.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1086  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 11:06 PM
scrolling scrolling is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolling View Post
A round-trip flight from YXE to YXX with NewLeaf is $178+carry on fee. Westjet is $160. The best thing about NewLeaf is no layover in Calgary or Edmonton.

NewLeaf is off to a great start. Hopefully they can make it work in the long run.

Not a surprise, but Westjet pricing has been revised due to the hiccups at NewLeaf.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1087  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2016, 4:26 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 280
I'm a couple of days behind in my newspaper reading, but I saw an article saying YQR is losing summer service to Vegas on Westjet. Last two summers, Westjet had service twice a week to Vegas, but this summer there won't be any direct service between early June and early October. The article goes on to say, that Delta has increased the size of plane they are flying to Minneapolis and the loads are good for that. As well, the airport is flat in terms of passenger growth this past year. They didn't give any hard numbers, but I guess we can assume that there is very little increase or decrease in passenger numbers for 2015.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1088  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2016, 5:24 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I'm a couple of days behind in my newspaper reading, but I saw an article saying YQR is losing summer service to Vegas on Westjet. Last two summers, Westjet had service twice a week to Vegas, but this summer there won't be any direct service between early June and early October. The article goes on to say, that Delta has increased the size of plane they are flying to Minneapolis and the loads are good for that. As well, the airport is flat in terms of passenger growth this past year. They didn't give any hard numbers, but I guess we can assume that there is very little increase or decrease in passenger numbers for 2015.
Oil.

Further to that, why-the-hell would one want to fly to Vegas via KMSP instead?

Also, WestJet has been cutting routes in Alberta. (Possibly is other jurisdictions as well.)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1089  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2016, 10:30 PM
Dino35 Dino35 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I'm a couple of days behind in my newspaper reading, but I saw an article saying YQR is losing summer service to Vegas on Westjet. Last two summers, Westjet had service twice a week to Vegas, but this summer there won't be any direct service between early June and early October. The article goes on to say, that Delta has increased the size of plane they are flying to Minneapolis and the loads are good for that. As well, the airport is flat in terms of passenger growth this past year. They didn't give any hard numbers, but I guess we can assume that there is very little increase or decrease in passenger numbers for 2015.
Interesting..had some family members go to Vegas in mid-July (not my preferred date for a Vegas getaway) and said the WestJet flight was packed on the outbound and return.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1090  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 2:11 AM
casper casper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Oil.

Further to that, why-the-hell would one want to fly to Vegas via KMSP instead?

Also, WestJet has been cutting routes in Alberta. (Possibly is other jurisdictions as well.)
When I lived in YXE I would go to Vegas on either Delta or United over the WestJet flight. Usually I would pick the date and departure time around meeting if it was business. If it was recreational then it would be when I could get away. A flight three times a week and add odd times has a low chance of lining up an arbitrary schedule. That said I know of one person would regular do Melbourne and would end up on connecting in Vegas and LAX.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1091  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 12:18 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Starting in 2 weeks, Regina will have weekly service to the Bahamas. (I don't know which carrier though.)

980 CJME News.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1092  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 3:51 PM
Robag Robag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Starting in 2 weeks, Regina will have weekly service to the Bahamas. (I don't know which carrier though.)

980 CJME News.
I thought I heard Sunwing this morning, but don't quote me on that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1093  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 4:58 PM
scotty c scotty c is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Starting in 2 weeks, Regina will have weekly service to the Bahamas. (I don't know which carrier though.)

980 CJME News.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I thought I heard Sunwing this morning, but don't quote me on that.
The CJME online article does say Sunwing flying into Freeport.

Any idea how long that flight would be?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1094  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 5:29 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
The CJME online article does say Sunwing flying into Freeport.

Any idea how long that flight would be?
About 5 hours.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1095  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 8:07 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
6500 fewer pax for YQR in 2015. (As opposed to 2014's numbers.)

Let's hope that '16 will be better.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1096  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 10:17 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
6500 fewer pax for YQR in 2015. (As opposed to 2014's numbers.)

Let's hope that '16 will be better.
That would be the United flights
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1097  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 3:57 AM
TechnicalRecession TechnicalRecession is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That would be the United flights
And the shrinking economy in the province..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1098  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 4:03 AM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is online now
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That would be the United flights
That doesn't really follow, as they could have switched to Delta to Minneapolis, or Air Canada to Winnipeg.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1099  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 5:52 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
That doesn't really follow, as they could have switched to Delta to Minneapolis, or Air Canada to Winnipeg.
Delta has always flown between here and MSP. The economy/job situation sucks here right now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1100  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 5:53 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That would be the United flights
Well, losing the United flights likely didn't help any.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:33 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.