HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
It definitely did in 2010, but now, it doesn't do it like it used to. Especially when the Apple staff forced all the visiting urban poor (such as my teenage self back then) off of their precious iMacs...
Apple Stores have higher sales in 2019 than it did in 2010. Actually Apple Stores have the highest sales per square foot out of any retailer in North America and still sees tremendous growth. The companies current strategy is to expand current stores to keep up with larger consumer presence inside its stores.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

Why are people who don’t use, and hate Apple products, always publicly bitching about Apple products? There’s a reason people use Apple products, there is a reason people stick with them for life. I would never switch. They are reliable, they are well built, and they have great customer service.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
Why are people who don’t use, and hate Apple products, always publicly bitching about Apple products? There’s a reason people use Apple products, there is a reason people stick with them for life. I would never switch. They are reliable, they are well built, and they have great customer service.
I also wonder about this question, I do not buy luxury goods like Louis Vuitton or Chanel, but for the growth of Winnipeg retail I would love for them to have a presence in Winnipeg. I do not use Microsoft products, but having a Microsoft store in Winnipeg would be a good thing for Winnipeg. Apple expanding its presence in Winnipeg would be a testament to the health of Polo Park into the future.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:25 PM

It's been a fairly open "secret" that Simons has been waiting for the right opportunity to enter the Winnipeg market since The Elms development was cancelled after they were announced as the lead tenant with their, at the time, first store outside Quebec. Simons also has a very close relationship with CF. Further, it has been publicly documented that Simons was tapped out in both financial capital and resources to take on any further expansions for a few years. I would imagine that is why the Sears space at Polo continues to sit dark. They are likely moving in sometime in 2020 or even 2021 and CF is willing to take the hit of carrying the Sears space to get it right.

It would also make sense to see the long overdue Zara store take up some of the space and a Microsoft store would be another nice get as they have similar pull to the Apple store.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 2:25 PM

Changes coming to Pembina Crossing. Saw an update on Shindico's website showing Save On Foods moving into the Petland spot and Petland moving next to Best Buy and Shapes expanding or moving down. Finally filling in the old Sport Check location after many years.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 3:25 PM

^ That's interesting. So there will now be two Save On locations in fairly close proximity around there.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn99 View Post
Changes coming to Pembina Crossing. Saw an update on Shindico's website showing Save On Foods moving into the Petland spot and Petland moving next to Best Buy and Shapes expanding or moving down. Finally filling in the old Sport Check location after many years.

What will happen to the Spirit of Halloween?

Heard a rumor that Pembina Village Safeway might be converted to a FreshCo.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 6:05 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn99 View Post
That's great news! That corner needs a supermarket within walking distance. So many apartments and condos. there.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 2:38 AM

Microsoft's in-house hardware like the Surface line aren't any cheaper than similar Apple products. And any brand new flagship smartphone is going to run you about a grand these days, whether it's Apple, Samsung, Google...

--

I know a few of the managers at Apple, heard they have no interest in opening a second store here, and would sooner expand at Polo than open a St. Vital location. FWIW, they say they're still not at what they would consider capacity for their current Winnipeg location, even though it seems packed all the time. And that's with a lot of people coming from Saskatchewan.

FYI, Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa each have 2, can't imagine getting a second here until being beyond 1 million people.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 12:46 PM

I Was At St Vital Centre On Saturday Something Going On Former Sears Building

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
I Was At St Vital Centre On Saturday Something Going On Former Sears Building
H&M is opening a store in St Vital.

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
Isn’t there also a Good Life going in there?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 10:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
Its a major reno not just one store. PCL has it all fenced off including the entire north parking lot. So its not just one store.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 6:57 PM

Anyone hear any scuttlebutt on the north mcphillips Costco? People were posting on here imminent announcement months ago. Still in the rumour realm or does anyone have any inside knowledge?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 7:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Anyone hear any scuttlebutt on the north mcphillips Costco? People were posting on here imminent announcement months ago. Still in the rumour realm or does anyone have any inside knowledge?
Costco McPhillips and Costco Headingley both in 2020 or 2021!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ That's interesting. So there will now be two Save On locations in fairly close proximity around there.
That's hardly "in fairly close proximity". Safeway stores are closer, and at 6km apart, unless you're driving, they're not close at all

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Costco McPhillips and Costco Headingley both in 2020 or 2021!

What about Sage Creek?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 6:26 PM

What about it? (me being snarky)

I doubt SC would make any sense for getting a Costco.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 9:33 PM

Update on KP renovations. Sears is nearly demolished.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
What about it? (me being snarky)

I doubt SC would make any sense for getting a Costco.
I thought there was a proposal to put a shopping center on the south east side of Lag and Fermor where the old Esso Truckstop use to be. Aka north of the Southland Park development.

Apparently it was to be a Wal-Mart before Target tanked and Wal-Mart took over the empty Southdale Target location. Then apparently Costco had looked at the location.

This land could be like the "shops of Kildonan Mile" where its a properly zoned area but nothing will go in due to major retailers shrinking their number of locations.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan