HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 2:35 PM

Look... I grew up in rural Georgia, and at least most people in the county I grew up in (middle Ga.) thought of Atlanta as the state's version of Sodom and it's inhabitants as godless money-grubbers. There's very little awareness there how much Atlanta contributes to the state, and it's pretty much an adversarial relationship. Most Republicans are very "wedded" to the suburbs and rural areas of Ga, and are usually complaining about the unfair amount of resources Atlanta gets compared to the rest of the state.

If traffic grinds to a halt people stop moving here, and people already here move away, and the economic engine grinds to a halt, and we end up being another Alabama. Like I said, finding money for the HOF and attracting fisherman pretty much shows where Sonny's allegiances lie. The Republicans don't like the Democratic government of Atlanta and Fulton Co., and will cut off their noses to spite their face by not doing a thing to help Atlanta. If you don't believe that, you haven't lived here long enough to know how Ga. politics works.

Last edited by whiplash3825; Jun 3, 2007 at 6:04 PM.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 3:34 PM

Sadly, I have whiplash3825. I've been here 21 years now as of last month - that's why I'm so pissed. We were finally moving in the right direction, and now Sonny comes along.................

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 4:24 PM

Hijacking threads...seems to be a bit of an epidemic lately.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 5:57 PM

BVC... if you read back, all these comments were a natural progression from what we were talking about, and the fact it got out of hand is just because of the strong feelings regarding what was done. At what point does a few comments require moving to a different thread to discuss? I'm sure everyone has their own idea about that.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 6:03 PM
Back on the road again

just for the record, well said, AtlantaGuy

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 6:10 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC View Post
Hijacking threads...seems to be a bit of an epidemic lately.
no shit...

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 6:25 PM

BVC & CHAPINM1 - Please note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
BTW, so sorry for posting this here in the 1010 thread, when it really belongs in the Atlanta Discussion area of the Souther forum........but the subject came up here, not there.
Thanks Steve & whiplash!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 10:09 PM

You can hijack my thread anytime you want when you're sticking up for our town, atlantaguy,

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
just for the record, well said, AtlantaGuy
I second that.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone.

On an actual 1010 construction note, check out the webcam shots. You can now clearly see the street curve of the tower portion taking shape finally!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 3:36 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Phase IV of 12 & Midtown was just announced in the ABC! It's the block just west of 1010, and it's a huge block. Phase II is set to start next month. I am going mental, this area of town is gonna be off the chain!

I couldn't read the article cause I am not a paid subr, oh well, I am sure another source will carry it soon.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 5:43 PM
Sustainable urbanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Phase IV of 12 & Midtown was just announced in the ABC! It's the block just west of 1010, and it's a huge block. Phase II is set to start next month. I am going mental, this area of town is gonna be off the chain!

I couldn't read the article cause I am not a paid subr, oh well, I am sure another source will carry it soon.
I skimmed it in the grocery store, and it mentioned adding another 80,000 square feet of retail on top of what's proposed in the other 3 phases.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash3825 View Post
Look... I grew up in rural Georgia, and at least most people in the county I grew up in (middle Ga.) thought of Atlanta as the state's version of Sodom and it's inhabitants as godless money-grubbers. There's very little awareness there how much Atlanta contributes to the state, and it's pretty much an adversarial relationship. Most Republicans are very "wedded" to the suburbs and rural areas of Ga, and are usually complaining about the unfair amount of resources Atlanta gets compared to the rest of the state.

If traffic grinds to a halt people stop moving here, and people already here move away, and the economic engine grinds to a halt, and we end up being another Alabama. Like I said, finding money for the HOF and attracting fisherman pretty much shows where Sonny's allegiances lie. The Republicans don't like the Democratic government of Atlanta and Fulton Co., and will cut off their noses to spite their face by not doing a thing to help Atlanta. If you don't believe that, you haven't lived here long enough to know how Ga. politics works.
That sucks. Atlanta pretty much drives Georgia, and without it, you would just be another Alabama. I hope the politicians over there open their damn eyes.

Anyway, back to 1010...

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post

There's not much there since phase IV is in the design stages but it will be residential and include up to 80,000 sf of retail.

It does however say that they'll announce office, hotel, and retail tenants in the next few months. I know we'll all be interested when that happens.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 9:50 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Yes, Yes we will...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
That sucks. Atlanta pretty much drives Georgia, and without it, you would just be another Alabama. I hope the politicians over there open their damn eyes.

Anyway, back to 1010...
Actually, I think we might be closer to being another Mississippi...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 6:56 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaca View Post
Yep.

P.S. Love your avatar...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 9:37 PM

oh geez is that Paris crying? that's priceless

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaca View Post
Nice avatar, but Mississippi is a stretch...

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash3825 View Post

Its not that cut and dry. Democrats have plenty of blood on their hands too. But this isn't about politics. Its about 1010 Peachtree.

Somebody with ABC access needs to post the report about Phase IV of 12th & Midtown. I'm very curious to hear more details.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive