HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 3:43 AM

I'm incredibly pleased with how this building has turned out. Very sharp looking.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 2:40 PM

Pearl Properties President On Delivering The Harper In A 'Slowed Down' Multifamily Market

https://www.bisnow.com/philadelphia/...medium=Browser

Quote:
In the heart of the city, absorption is expected to be a bit slower in 2019 as the market adjusts to all of 2018's deliveries, but landing one of Philly's hottest restaurateurs is not the only reason Pearl is confident. Forty percent of the Harper is already pre-leased, and Pearlstein expects it to be fully leased when it opens.
Quote:
Rents will range from $2K to $8K per month, and among the building's amenities will be a pool on the roof of the second floor connected to a green park on the roof of the third floor, along with an indoor basketball court, a fitness center and a clubroom on the penthouse floor.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 3:01 PM

The Harper is located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the city, I don't think they'll have any problem getting close to fully leased. Other buildings in the neighborhood may suffer a bit as residents gravitate towards the 'new', but that will just encourage them to up their game.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 3:37 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
Pearl Properties President On Delivering The Harper In A 'Slowed Down' Multifamily Market

https://www.bisnow.com/philadelphia/...medium=Browser
8K a month. Must be 3 or 4 bedrooms and a single high or combine salary family. Woof!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
8K a month. Must be 3 or 4 bedrooms and a single high or combine salary family. Woof!
The largest apartments are 1,800 square feet. Sandy Smith's article says rent of $5,400, though. https://www.phillymag.com/property/2...XRXUB5qpC9gw4M Not sure which is correct.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 9:09 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
thanks JS.

looks like 3 bedrooms @ $7k more or less for 1900 square foot living. The harper website has blueprint layouts of different bedroom and configurations.

https://www.trulia.com/c/pa/philadel...03--2089884713

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 11:39 AM

Remind me what, if any, retail has been announced for the Sansom Street side of this project. We've got Cook n Solo on 19th and and Tatel on Chestnut. I vaguely recall some talk of a small grocery type deal on Sansom?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 2:11 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Remind me what, if any, retail has been announced for the Sansom Street side of this project. We've got Cook n Solo on 19th and and Tatel on Chestnut. I vaguely recall some talk of a small grocery type deal on Sansom?
I haven't heard what is announced or will be announced. Supposed to be two floors of retail in the building. Not sure on the amount of retail square footage.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Giant should look into doing another Heirloom market here. The one in Graduate Hospital is nice.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 6:04 PM

It's interesting that Rittenhouse Square lacks a grocery store. TJs and that Heirloom are the nearest ones. DiBruno's is there but pretty expensive for everyday shopping. It's not necessarily a problem that retail space is too expensive for grocery stores, I guess more of an observation.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 6:17 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
It's interesting that Rittenhouse Square lacks a grocery store. TJs and that Heirloom are the nearest ones. DiBruno's is there but pretty expensive for everyday shopping. It's not necessarily a problem that retail space is too expensive for grocery stores, I guess more of an observation.
EH?!? Rittenhouse Market, one block off the Square at 18th & Spruce is not huge, but it is a full-service supermarket (owned by the same guy who owns South Square Market in SWCC).

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 6:42 PM

Quote:
We don't. Rittenhouse Market at 18th and Spruce is great. So is Food & Friends at 1933 Spruce. There is another further east on Spruce too. I suppose the Western part of the neighborhood is a little light on them aside from smaller deli-type places and DiBruno's. Plus, everyone uses Fresh Direct too (including myself) and meal deliveries to complement. (EDIT: I meant Northern part of the neighborhood; not Western).

Last edited by jsbrook; Feb 1, 2019 at 8:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
Giant should look into doing another Heirloom market here. The one in Graduate Hospital is nice.
Yeah, could be good. Not sure what space they have, but that might work.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
When we lived at 18th and Walnut for 5 years, we shopped at Rittenhouse Market at 18th and Spruce. Most convenient, two block walk, and they deliver to your apartment/home for $6. Never really went anywhere else. Plus, there's DiBruno's, Food & Friends and the Target at 19th and Chestnut has a pretty large grocery component. Every Saturday, the Rittenhouse Farmer's Market too.

It's not hard at all to get to TJ's, Whole Foods on the Parkway or South Street or Acme on South Street either if you have a car. Now there's Sprout's and Heirlooms on top of that. Plenty of options!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 6:49 PM

From the 24th floor looking east:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BthR1WBhq-m/

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 6:51 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Harper looks great from this angle. Looks it it has always been there. Nice fit.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Harper looks great from this angle. Looks it it has always been there. Nice fit.
Harper's not in that pic...

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 7:48 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Harper's not in that pic...
Ha. Quick glance at it and I was fooled. You are correct. Has the same pattern as the harper. I think that is the Beneficial building then behind rittenhouse square.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 9:40 PM

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 1:27 AM

The Fart-per.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive