HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 6:56 PM
Midrise

Sad reacts only. Apparently no Tatel restaurant for the Boyd after all, per Michael Klein's spring-summer restaurant forecast:

…it appears that the deal to bring the luxe Spanish restaurant Tatel to the former Boyd Theater is off; the space is being marketed.

Order up: The Philadelphia-area restaurant forecast for spring-summer 2019 | Philly.com

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Sad reacts only. Apparently no Tatel restaurant for the Boyd after all, per Michael Klein's spring-summer restaurant forecast:

…it appears that the deal to bring the luxe Spanish restaurant Tatel to the former Boyd Theater is off; the space is being marketed.

Order up: The Philadelphia-area restaurant forecast for spring-summer 2019 | Philly.com
Why do we think this happened? This is sad news.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Why do we think this happened? This is sad news.
They could be having issues. The one in Miami at the Ritz closed for an extended period of time to repair damage from hurricane Irma. In fact, it may still be closed. I'm not sure it ever reopened.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2019, 10:54 AM

Bummer about the restaurant, but I'm confident something else will fill this spot rather quickly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwEl-KxjdrY/

Old Posted Apr 13, 2019, 2:04 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Great photo update, Jawn!

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 2:37 PM

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 2:49 PM

Regardless of Tatel, I'm pretty sure Solomonov is bringing a new restaurant to the Sansom Street retail side.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:38 PM

I'm quite pleased with how this building turned out in the end, even considering the reduction in height. Very classy. I would love to live here someday.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I'm quite pleased with how this building turned out in the end, even considering the reduction in height. Very classy. I would love to live here someday.
To echo this sentiment, I too was initially disappointed in the height reduction.

However, for those here who haven't seen it in person, while it may not have an impact on the skyline from afar, the impact as seen from street level is very impactful. It adds a substantial density, particularly when approaching up Chestnut Street from the east.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:35 PM

I've been reading these forums for ages, but never felt the need to create an account. Just wanted to share that I'm moving into the building in the fall and have some intel on the retail spaces: the Sansom side will have a Barry's Bootcamp and the other space is not yet leased (as far as I know). The Solomanov baker (K'Far) will be accessible on the 19th street side (not totally sure how that will work--they said there will be a public entrance and an entrance through the lobby for residents. The lobby was off limits when we toured because of active construction).

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb233541 View Post
I've been reading these forums for ages, but never felt the need to create an account. Just wanted to share that I'm moving into the building in the fall and have some intel on the retail spaces: the Sansom side will have a Barry's Bootcamp and the other space is not yet leased (as far as I know). The Solomanov baker (K'Far) will be accessible on the 19th street side (not totally sure how that will work--they said there will be a public entrance and an entrance through the lobby for residents. The lobby was off limits when we toured because of active construction).
Cool. Thanks!

And Welcome!

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 2:30 PM

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 2:32 PM

phillychitchat:
@mikesolomonov and Steve Cook’s upcoming all-day cafe in the Harper now has a name on the wall and a beautiful courtyard being built. James Beard Award winner Camille Cogswell will head up K’Far, an all-day bakery and cafe located within the luxe new development in Rittenhouse ~ @pearlpropertiesphilly The Harper .

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxvaaw5lfr8/

pearlpropertiesphilly
🎬Finishing touches on the 25th floor☀️

https://www.instagram.com/pearlpropertiesphilly/?hl=en

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:49 PM

By "All Day" do you mean 24 hrs?

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
By "All Day" do you mean 24 hrs?
I doubt it. My guess is like Double Knot or Suraya or Res Ipsa or Talula's Daily - where it's a cafe by day and high-end restaurant by night. It's kind of a fad right now, but I love it. Way better to activate a parcel for 15 hours vs 5 hours for just the dinner rush.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:05 PM

Apparently this is something of a big deal?

Barry’s Bootcamp Is Finally Coming to Philly

Quote:
After 21 long, anticipated years, Philadelphians will be able to work up a Barry’s sweat in the heart of Center City and stop spending extra money on travel to hit one of Barry’s 50 worldwide locations (raise your hand if you’ve flown to New York, Boston, Miami, Nashville, San Francisco, even Norway, for Barry’s Bootcamp). The Philadelphia location is projected to open sometime later this year in Rittenhouse. Although no date or month has been specified or released yet, the studio will make its home at 1911 Sansom Street, on the ground floor of the luxury residential building the Harper.
Read more at https://www.phillymag.com/be-well-ph...oSf6PQYvcZw.99

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:23 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
It is...to work off the cheese steaks, pretzels, pizzas, hoagies, and plenty of beer in this town...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 11:17 PM

Entrance to the Harper coming along and looking good as it opens this weekend.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2019, 12:01 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Nice...I'm having a senior moment and can't remember if a bar/restaurant is on the ground floor. Would love to go tomorrow for a look-see and grab a drink or meal.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Nice...I'm having a senior moment and can't remember if a bar/restaurant is on the ground floor. Would love to go tomorrow for a look-see and grab a drink or meal.
There will be. Solomonov's K'Far. https://philly.eater.com/2019/4/30/1...kaz-laser-wolf https://philly.eater.com/2019/2/5/18...g-philadelphia You can see the name on the brick which makes up the back wall of what will be its patio seating. But it's not open yet. I expect another restaurant/bar will also take the space on Chestnut that Tatel was supposed to move into.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive