HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

View Poll Results: What should be done to the WTC?
Keep building the current plan. 34 47.89%
Build the Twin Towers II. 28 39.44%
Other. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 2:43 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonga90 View Post
"Vid" what you last said doesnt make sense!
Yes it does. It makes as much sense as your statements about Ken.

Quote:
It is 1776 feet which symbolizes the year the declaration of independence was signed. The problem with this is because this is completed unrelated to the events that happened on Ground Zero. It is simply a poor way to remember an event by building something that symbolizes something completely different.
Of course it is appropriate! The terrorist attacks of September 11th were an attack on America's sovereignty, and the year 1776 is when America first established its sovereignty. They attacked America. The building's height represents when America was born.

Quote:
The FT 9/11 memorial is a nice design but it too is expensive to operate and is despised by the 9/11 family members who prefer the TTII memorial instead because it is much cheaper and it proper honors the memory of those who died that day.
Because it is cheaper? "No, I don't want a tombstone for my husband's grave. Put the burned out wreck in which he died there instead, because that is easier to maintain." I wouldn't call that "proper honors", I'd call that "post-traumatic stress disorder".

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:23 AM
BANNED

Thats your opinion, and did your husband die on 9/11?

I understand your feelings, But please have some reason, The FT is expected to be completed by 2018, so you want to wait that long, and who knows if that date will be pushed back some more!

Ken is currently put on details on a world memorial which I think will be a new completely new
design

America was born in Philadelphia not New York, its the location, The Freedom tower should be built in Philadelphia

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:32 AM
Resident Jackass

Don't be a post 4 replies in a row with one sentence each.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:34 AM
BANNED

The Twin Towers were destroyed by terrorists! and they only way to fix the wounds of 9/11 is to rebuild them taller, safer and better than before. To replace is tell the terrorists that they won! And we dont want that. To replace means fear. I know that you wont agree with this and I understand that. You have your rights to your own opinions and I do to. I know that the Freedom Towers height symbolizes the year America was born, but America was born in Philadelphia which is were the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:44 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Thanks for the history lesson but I'm pretty sure the TTII won't be built. Like EVER! You should read the last 35 pages and to get an understanding of what it takes to build a skyscraper.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:47 AM
BANNED

Dont be too sure! Things can still change. The TTII if not on GZ will be built on NJ which is on the other side.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:21 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Why do people keep wanting to build it in Jersey? The Twin Towers were NEVER part of New Jersey. They were never in the skyline. Building them in NJ is rude and offensive. Maybe not to you but it is to me.

And you guys have no proof that they can be built there. There is NO site. There are NO studies. There is NO plan.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:21 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Why do people keep wanting to build it in Jersey? The Twin Towers were NEVER part of New Jersey. They were never in the skyline. Building them in NJ is rude and offensive. Maybe not to you but it is to me.

And you guys have no proof that they can be built there. There is NO site. There are NO studies. There is NO plan.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:23 AM
BANNED

Thats your opinion, Building the TTII in NJ is not rude and offensive, it may be to you.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:29 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
I understand your feelings, But please have some reason, The FT is expected to be completed by 2018, so you want to wait that long, and who knows if that date will be pushed back some more!
That date will be pushed back even further if you cancel the whole thing and start over with your harebrained scheme.

Quote:
Ken is currently put on details on a world memorial which I think will be a new completely new
design
Well we're critiquing what has been shown to us so far. And honestly, if Ken is still designing this thing, how is it going to be completed faster?

Quote:
America was born in Philadelphia not New York, its the location, The Freedom tower should be built in Philadelphia
And is Independence Day inappropriate in all other US cities as well?

Quote:
The Twin Towers were destroyed by terrorists! and they only way to fix the wounds of 9/11 is to rebuild them taller, safer and better than before. To replace is tell the terrorists that they won!
The terrorists wanted America out of the Middle East so that they could establish a pan-Islamic state based on Sharia law. Until that happens, they haven't won. They destroyed those towers to get your attention.

Quote:
Dont be too sure! Things can still change. The TTII if not on GZ will be built on NJ which is on the other side.
So it is inappropriate to build the Freedom Tower in New York, but it is OK for TTII to be built in Jersey?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:43 AM
BANNED

So you are saying you agree with the Terrorists!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:46 AM
BANNED

I know but the terrorist did destroy an American Icon

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:48 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
So you are saying you agree with the Terrorists!

No. I am saying:

• Cancelling the Freedom Tower to build TTII will take longer than 9 years to complete.

• If Ken and his "few other" friends are still tweaking the design, it is going to take longer to complete.

• Just because Philadelphia is the birthplace of the US, doesn't mean it is the only place where symbolism representing that event is appropriate. All Americans deserve the right to enjoy it in any way they choose.

• The terrorists wanted America out of the Middle East so that they could establish a pan-Islamic state based on Sharia law. Until that happens, they haven't won. They destroyed those towers to get your attention.

• The idea that the Freedom Tower can't be built at the World Trade Centre site (we stopped calling it "ground zero" about 5 years ago) because 1776 is an inappropriate symbolism is just as absurd as the idea that TTII can be built in New Jersey.

• Use the button to add things to your posts instead of posting multiple one-sentence posts one after the other.

What message does it send to the terrorists if you can't even re-build the towers in the place where they were originally located? They will know what you've done if you do that. They're not stupid.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:52 AM
BANNED

Dont Thinks so!

I am leaving!

You people are just stubborn!!!!!!

You people are not worth the effort of trying to argue a point to.

You guys are a bunch of Sell Outs!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:54 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Why?

Because we are more educated than you about what kind of effort has to go into the building of two 1500 foot high skyscrapers in downtown Manhattan?

Aww, don't go. We'll miss you!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:55 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Thats your opinion, Building the TTII in NJ is not rude and offensive, it may be to you.
Yes, I'm very aware that that's my opinion. But you still haven't given us any facts or figures on how the project would be carried out in NJ or how the entire WTC site will be completely redeveloped so that it fits the TTII plan.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 4:58 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Dont Thinks so!

I am leaving!

You people are just stubborn!!!!!!

You guys are a bunch of Sell Outs!
AND YOU'RE OUTTT!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 5:27 AM
DENNAB

God pro rebuilders are becoming annoying,

1WTC will be the only supertall NY's gonna see for a looong time so you might as well embrace it.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 5:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD360 View Post
we're not saying that. what were saying is that you have not given us any reference supporting your "facts"
What references? The only reason people are saying this is because of this press release.

http://www.katapultent.com/TwinTowersIIinNewJersey.pdf

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 5:44 AM
them bones

When is this summit taking place? TTF keeps on spouting off about September 9th, but morelight (seemingly the only re-builder in this thread with any real information) said Sept 12th. Which is it? Should be expect this thing to make national news (then again, I'm sure it'll be covered on the forum)?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects