HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

View Poll Results: What should be done to the WTC?
Keep building the current plan. 34 47.89%
Build the Twin Towers II. 28 39.44%
Other. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 5:28 PM
Senior Committee

So do you agree with that guy in the YouTube video or not?
He seems to be saying exactly the same kind of crap you've been saying in this thread.

Only in a really whiny voice.

Quote:
"Waaah! I want the old buildings back!
Waaah! I don't like the trees or the space around the memorial!
Waaah! Why aren't these buildings as tall!
Waaah! Why does Dubai have the tallest building!
Waaah waaah waaah!!!"

Why are you even associating with that kind of person?
It makes you all look like uneducated gimps who can't form any kind of cohesive argument.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hinds View Post
So do you agree with that guy in the YouTube video or not?
He seems to be saying exactly the same kind of crap you've been saying in this thread.

Only in a really whiny voice.

Why are you even associating with that kind of person?
It makes you all look like uneducated gimps who can't form any kind of cohesive argument.
Actually I dont think any of the TT supporters have said "Waah". I think that guy is pretty funny actually. And our cohesive argument will be made on september 9th,

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 5:43 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever View Post
Actually I dont think any of the TT supporters have said "Waah". I think that guy is pretty funny actually. And our cohesive argument will be made on september 9th,
Cohesive argument? With no details...hmmmm.....

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 5:49 PM

Okay, I have a better Idea. We'll talk about the TTII here until september 9th. Yes, some of us know that the architects and engineers are inexperienced and that the plan will never work(I don't know where they're getting the money from, the country's virtually broke), but apparently that's not preventing the summit on the 9th. AFTER the summit, we can always discuss what happened and continue our arguments(giving that this thread stays open that long). For some strange reason the summit interests me now, so i'm willing to look at it(hopefully it reaches the newspaper).

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 5:58 PM
Construction Enthusiast

But guys, the new twin towers are going to be made with "rebar!"

And "there's too many trees" in the actual proposal.

And the new WTC1 isn't going to have OTIS elevators, it's going to have ThyssenKrupp Elevators! The World is going to end!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 6:18 PM

Quote:
And you think were rediculous lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OenaMNl02LE
"It only took a couple of years to build the original WTC but it's been 8 years and it's still a hole in the ground"... WTF are you talking about, dude? DOn't you know the nearly decade long period of time it took to get the original WTC from concept stage to construction?

That dude needs to do at least basic research before pretending to know what he's talking about.

HOLY SHIT at 8:50 he says "Why the fuck does Dubai has the world's tallest building?!" and calls them "towelheads that took away out buildings." We do not tolerate racist posts and racist media on the forums. I think we should keep the video up just so we can make fun of that pathetic loser some more, then remove this inflammatory material. In fact, I believe we should keep it up so this board sees the kind of racist xenophobes you folks associate with, so decent people would stay away from your hateful ways.

Last edited by Lecom; Aug 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 6:30 PM

And has he seen the site lately? 3/4ths of it is at street level, so I hope he's referring to the lack of skyscrapers, which are under construction.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 6:45 PM
Senior Committee

Quote:
Yes, casual racism is hilarious.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 6:57 PM

Calling the Freedom Tower ugly, heck no, it might be just a bit to skinny thats about it, its really an interesting design with a center point spire that gives the symbol of freedom and how America is able to rebuild and not hide. Now the original towers were ugly IMHO, they were repetitive and just to bland. They might of been a symbol but I think the new skyline WTC towers are going to look great, and give Manhattan a 2nd skyline.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:12 PM
Dryer lint inspector

the emotional drive behind rebuilding the twin towers have long since subsided and everyone has pretty much moved on at this point and look forward for the new buildings to be constructed.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:20 PM
I am a typical

What the hell? Has the person who designed this ever seen the World Trade Centre? The hell did he do to the other buildings?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:22 PM
them bones

To what end? We continue to ask the same question and continue to get no answer. What's the point? If it was 2002 or even 2004 or even 2005, sure, but the city has moved on...

What's the end game here for the TTA?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:22 PM

^Made em into JCPenney. I'm serious, he suggests making them into a mall. Read the twintowersalliance website.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:52 PM
World Machine

What baffles me is the fact that you folks come here to voice such a strong statement on how you’re plan is right and what is currently 100ft above the ground is wrong. However, you are incapable of stating to us fundamental knowledge on who’s backing this project and how it’s being financed. If you are so hell-bent, die hardly supportive of this proposal why do you have such a lack of basic knowledge of it? Why are you incapable of forming solid evidence that this plan, that you’d seem to die for, has any shot in hell of even be taken seriously?

Look, what I read into this is that you are supporting this proposal for the wrong reasons. You don’t know a thing about it expect where to find pictures of it and how to post websites that contain mindless dribble.

So please, enlighten us. Educate us on this grandioso plan that you so heavily support. If you are unable to do so because you simply don’t know then you obviously don’t care that much about it at all.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
"It only took a couple of years to build the original WTC but it's been 8 years and it's still a hole in the ground"... WTF are you talking about, dude? DOn't you know the nearly decade long period of time it took to get the original WTC from concept stage to construction?

That dude needs to do at least basic research before pretending to know what he's talking about.

HOLY SHIT at 8:50 he says "Why the fuck does Dubai has the world's tallest building?!" and calls them "towelheads that took away out buildings." We do not tolerate racist posts and racist media on the forums. I think we should keep the video up just so we can make fun of that pathetic loser some more, then remove this inflammatory material. In fact, I believe we should keep it up so this board sees the kind of racist xenophobes you folks associate with, so decent people would stay away from your hateful ways.

Hey I just thought the guy was funny I didnt say i agreed. His voice makes me laugh. and the press is invited to the sept. 9th summit and it will all be on youtube where we can continue to discuss it.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:57 PM
Ascension

Lord have mercy...

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
What baffles me is the fact that you folks come here to voice such a strong statement on how you’re plan is right and what is currently 100ft above the ground is wrong. However, you are incapable of stating to us fundamental knowledge on who’s backing this project and how it’s being financed. If you are so hell-bent, die hardly supportive of this proposal why do you have such a lack of basic knowledge of it? Why are you incapable of forming solid evidence that this plan, that you’d seem to die for, has any shot in hell of even be taken seriously?

Look, what I read into this is that you are supporting this proposal for the wrong reasons. You don’t know a thing about it expect where to find pictures of it and how to post websites that contain mindless dribble.

So please, enlighten us. Educate us on this grandioso plan that you so heavily support. If you are unable to do so because you simply don’t know then you obviously don’t care that much about it at all.
Honestly I wish I knew all the inner workings but for some reason the Ken and The TTA havent told us the fine details. Again it will be explained on the 9th. I understand your point and am curious to see the outcome when we see the filmed summit on youtube

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 8:03 PM
World Machine

Quote:
I think that guy is pretty funny actually.
Funny? Seemed more along the lines of a disgrace to me.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 8:04 PM

so people still wan't TTII, well forget it.
developer larry silverstien and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey own the site. its their decision. I don't care how many people support the TTII, the pettition will never go through. the TTII design doesn't look close to the originals. the windows look to wide. the lobby motifs don't even look right. it looks like, the originals lobby, with wider, windows columns that don't fit the the lobbies verticle columns.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 8:06 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Honestly I wish I knew all the inner workings but for some reason the Ken and The TTA havent told us the fine details.
Oh I see it’s a secret……

To be honest I don’t think they have a clue in hell of what to talk about during this big unvailing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects