HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:03 PM
Registered Drug User

Carinadia? Caribbanada? Caribbanana? (don't be silly). Canaribbean? Canadabbean?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:13 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What about OceanLocker?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have no problem with Canada inheriting a little bit of Caribbean territory, as long as we can pick and choose who we want.

The Turks & Caicos would be nifty, but are within rafting distance of Haiti, and we might suddenly find ourselves inheriting a couple of million Haitian refugees. Another problem with the Turks is that they are right smack dab in the middle of the standard hurricane track, and we could be stuck with billions of dollars of repairs every few years.

Jamaica is poor, and we might end up with a lot more Jamaicans in Toronto than we do now.

Places like the Caymans or Bermuda would be a lot better. Well off enclaves, with not too many hurricanes. Maybe we should ask them?

My sister lived in Bermuda for five years and I visited her twice when I was younger. A delightful place (as long as you don't mind the giant flying cockroaches)………..

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:29 PM

Bermuda isn't becoming a province of Canada. LOL. That would fuck up their entire economy as an offshore tax haven/moneylaundering joint.

Our options are Turks and Caicos and they get worse from there. Saying Haiti is rafting distance is a bit of a stretch. It's 170km. 20km further than Cuba from Key West. Of course, we'd need a navy and coast guard actually capable of controlling the maritime approaches so the might be a problem....

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
Our options are Turks and Caicos and they get worse from there.
I agree, but one can dream...……

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:40 PM

I say Guadeloupe. The French gave up Canada for it. Should be worthwhile. Maybe we can convince them to leave France and join us.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
I say Guadeloupe. The French gave up Canada for it. Should be worthwhile. Maybe we can convince them to leave France and join us.
Voltaire would be displeased.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I have no problem with Canada inheriting a little bit of Caribbean territory, as long as we can pick and choose who we want.

The Turks & Caicos would be nifty, but are within rafting distance of Haiti, and we might suddenly find ourselves inheriting a couple of million Haitian refugees. Another problem with the Turks is that they are right smack dab in the middle of the standard hurricane track, and we could be stuck with billions of dollars of repairs every few years.

Jamaica is poor, and we might end up with a lot more Jamaicans in Toronto than we do now.

Places like the Caymans or Bermuda would be a lot better. Well off enclaves, with not too many hurricanes. Maybe we should ask them?

My sister lived in Bermuda for five years and I visited her twice when I was younger. A delightful place (as long as you don't mind the giant flying cockroaches)………..
Why would any of these places want to be a part of Canada when all of them, a part from Jamaica, are UK territories will full rights to the UK. Much better deal than Canada,imo.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 8:07 PM
I am the law!

Quote:

Those damn Haitians. You believe all 37 million of us would have an equal opportunity to enjoy Turks and Caicos and even better than now? There's enough room for the Canadian elite while the rest of us would be subsidizing their fun and recreation.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Lady View Post
Why would any of these places want to be a part of Canada when all of them, a part from Jamaica, are UK territories will full rights to the UK. Much better deal than Canada,imo.
It's facetious. Trading residency and voting rights in the UK for a Canadian passport is obviously not a good deal. As is relying on Canada for their security.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 10:49 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Carinadia? Caribbanada? Caribbanana? (don't be silly). Canaribbean? Canadabbean?
Canuckibea, Canadian Virgin Islands, Canadian Incel Islands?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 11:58 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Those damn Haitians. You believe all 37 million of us would have an equal opportunity to enjoy Turks and Caicos and even better than now? There's enough room for the Canadian elite while the rest of us would be subsidizing their fun and recreation.
This is the obvious answer. If you thought it was expensive to live in Canadian cities in Canada wait until our rich are given carte blanche on a small island in the Caribbean.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:

Exactly. This is particularly true in regards to Haiti. Canada would be inundated with Haitian refugees. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and the poorer the country the bigger the risks it's citizens are willing to take to escape their dire situations. Even if the T&C come pleading for Canada to accept them, it won't happen.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada