HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 4:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are starting work on the 6th (and final) floor of Tannery Place South

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 10:46 PM

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tremendous photo Budyser - great framing and perspective!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:38 AM

LOL what an awesome shot!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:01 AM

Tks, I'm trying!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 8:34 AM

the way this one is going it will be done before the one besides avenir center.

nice pic

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 3:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tannery Place South - current status:

It is now "topped off" at six storeys. The next step will be to complete the building envelope to facilitate ongoing work on the interior over the winter. In the spring sometime, the crane will be moved slightly to the north to allow for construction of Tannery Place North, which is to begin next year.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2019, 8:22 PM

I see the workers placed a Christmas tree on the corner of the roof facing Vaughn Harvey and Main street

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 9:55 PM

Is it just me or does the progress on this building seem to be going very slow? According to their site, it's supposed to open in 2020.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 10:53 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Is it just me or does the progress on this building seem to be going very slow? According to their site, it's supposed to open in 2020.
tower crane was erected the end of June. Seems to be on pace for a summer opening in 2020 to me

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
tower crane was erected the end of June. Seems to be on pace for a summer opening in 2020 to me
Could be. I drive by there often and just don't see a lot of progress happening. But I'm not a construction expert, just my observation. It will be a very nice addition to the area when it's completed.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 5:47 PM

Things ramping up at Tannery Place as they were working on the building on Saturday. I drive by the site every weekend and this is the first time in a long time that I've seen them working on a Saturday. I also noticed that they've done some work on the ground where the office building will be located on the corner. Maybe they want to get it built before Crombie does something with 1222 Main Street?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 12:29 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I've noticed what I think to be some initial site prep too, but I'm sure this is for Tannery Place North rather than for the eventual office building fronting Main Street.

If you look at the site plan above, Tannery Place North extends very close to the corner of Vaughan Harvey and Main. The office building, while physically occupying the corner, is more oriented towards Main Street.

Tannery Place South is to be complete this fall. Tannery Place North is scheduled for a fall 2021 completion. There is no set date yet for the office building.

I suspect once the exterior framing and cladding is complete on Tannery Place South this spring, that the crane will be relocated to construct the steel superstructure for Tannery Place North. In the meantime, I can see them starting to excavate and put in the underground parking for the North building.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I've noticed what I think to be some initial site prep too, but I'm sure this is for Tannery Place North rather than for the eventual office building fronting Main Street.

If you look at the site plan above, Tannery Place North extends very close to the corner of Vaughan Harvey and Main. The office building, while physically occupying the corner, is more oriented towards Main Street.

Tannery Place South is to be complete this fall. Tannery Place North is scheduled for a fall 2021 completion. There is no set date yet for the office building.

I suspect once the exterior framing and cladding is complete on Tannery Place South this spring, that the crane will be relocated to construct the steel superstructure for Tannery Place North. In the meantime, I can see them starting to excavate and put in the underground parking for the North building.
I think you're right, and it makes more sense. It just looked so close to the corner. I see on the site plan that the office building will be more Main Street than Vaughn Harvey.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The land that is cleared is definitely where the office building is to be constructed. They could perhaps be switching plans to move onto the office building, however I think this would be odd considering the current Tannery Place is sold out. Could it just be that this is where they will place the crane for the 2nd building?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 5:11 PM

I was going to post the same thing. I believe you are correct, they will be using the office building site for staging purposes only and continue with Tannery Place North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
The land that is cleared is definitely where the office building is to be constructed. They could perhaps be switching plans to move onto the office building, however I think this would be odd considering the current Tannery Place is sold out. Could it just be that this is where they will place the crane for the 2nd building?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 2:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I drove by today to see what was going on, and I agree, the site prep currently going on is where they intend to build the office building.

I really don't think this is the next building they are going to construct though. Tannery Place North is nearly completely pre-leased and I can't imagine them not pressing ahead with immediate construction for a 2021 occupancy.

The real question is whether Building #3 will be the Home 2 Suites Hotel or the office building. Personally, I think with market justification, they would build the hotel next.

There are three possibilities for the current site prep that I can think of.

1) - Tannery Place North and the office building are going to share a common surface parking area, and they have to level the ground now prior to construction of Tannery Place North.
2) - There will be an entrance into the Junction Urban Village just to the west of the Main/Vaughan Harvey intersection, and this is in preparation for that.
3) - as noted above, this might have something to do with constructing a pad for the relocated tower crane for Tannery place North.

Tannery Place South - current status:

Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 2:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

First Look - Tannery Place North:

Site Plan

Floor Plans (levels 2&3)

Elevation

As we already knew, Tannery Place North will be a near clone of Tannery Place South, just slightly smaller, and with an angle in the footprint of the building to conform to the curvature of Vaughan Harvey Boulevard.

A number of variances are being requested:

Quote:
DUPARC REAL ESTATE GROUP on behalf of/au nom de Westmount Developments VHM Holdings Inc. prom Ivan Rand Drive East (PID/NID 70646328) variances to (1) vary the requirement for a loading space (2) to vary the requirement for traditional materials on some sides (3).to reduce the width of some parking stalls in the underground; (4) to reduce the setback on Vaughan Harvey from 6 metres to 2 metres; (5) to increase the permitted height of the building that is within 10 metres of the street (6) to reduce the fenestration ratio for the ground floor on the north side; (7) to vary the requirement for a public entrance on the north side (8) to vary the requirement for jogs and recesses on the north side
The two request for variance that I think are the most significant are (1) - the decreased setback from Vaughan Harvey Blvd towards the north of the building and (2) - the removal of the access roadway from Main Street to the parking lot at the rear of the building. I don't think either of these requests will sink this project.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 1:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Responding to this post from the main Moncton thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
SIGNIFICANT changes to Tannery!

Site plans and elevations are showing Tannery North encroaching on the future site of the office building at the corner of Vaughn Harvey and Main.

Now that said, there appears to be a future building planned but it's no longer on the corner, it will be facing north on Main St. I can only speculate that this building will only be single story because of the close proximity to Tannery North. If it is multi-story I wouldn't want to be the folks living in those condos.

Also, it appears that there is NO underground parking for Tannery North.
1) - The configuration of the future office building facing Main Street has certainly changed, but I imagine the footprint shown on the planning document is just a placeholder, and we really have no idea what the building will look like. I would be disappointed if it were less than six storeys.

2) - You are correct that the plans do not show a parking garage entrance under Tannery Place North but the entrance to the underground parking for Tannery Place South is immediately next to the North Building. Maybe this entrance will service underground parking for both buildings.

Underground parking is a big selling feature. It would be difficult to imagine not having similar amenities for both buildings.......

Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 1:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Actually, there will be underground parking in the north building. One of the requests for variances is for:

Quote:
(3).to reduce the width of some parking stalls in the underground;

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces