HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:14 PM

Novare's building won't even be in the skyline soon enough. Apogee will cover it up completely from the only direction its really visible.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
My only beef with Novare's buildings are their detached parking garages. If it weren't for those, I wouldn't mind having more of them as filler/background buildings. Atlantic House's garage is better than their Skyhouse product, but it's still a waste of land use imo.
I think that one day in the somewhat distant future, we'll be glad that some of these buildings used detached garages rather than pedistals. Those garages can easily be torn down to make room for a productive space for people to live and work. That will be a day when we're not really using personal vehicles in cities and we'll be looking to figure out how to retrofit or remove these parking deadspaces. ....maybe not in my lifetime, but one day

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:23 PM

^that is very true.

Also from the south view it's being covered up by post millennium. Not sure that's a good thing though

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:43 PM

Nice Problem to Have

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
^that is very true.

Also from the south view it's being covered up by post millennium. Not sure that's a good thing though
Kind of a nice problem to have - one new building being obscured by another new building and so on.

Some cities would love to have that problem for sure!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasAl View Post
I think that one day in the somewhat distant future, we'll be glad that some of these buildings used detached garages rather than pedistals. Those garages can easily be torn down to make room for a productive space for people to live and work. That will be a day when we're not really using personal vehicles in cities and we'll be looking to figure out how to retrofit or remove these parking deadspaces. ....maybe not in my lifetime, but one day
On that note, Uber's first self driving taxis launched in Pittsburgh today!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 4:10 PM
Born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
I don’t think that Atlantic House is too bad. It’s what I would call a “pleasant” building. It’s not overtly hideous, nor is it spectacular, just …pleasant.

However, If I had to choose the location for the building, I would not have chosen such a prime sight, maybe on the periphery of midtown or as infill further south.
I think Atlantic House is perfect for that site. It complements the Gothic architecture surrounding it. Nicely fills in the Midtown skyline when driving south on the connector from Buckhead. Novare has been hit or miss at times. But this is definitely one they got right.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasAl View Post
This has been something I have thought a lot about too. All of those Skyhouses around town could one day be buildings without any parking at all.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-town View Post
I think Atlantic House is perfect for that site. It complements the Gothic architecture surrounding it. Nicely fills in the Midtown skyline when driving south on the connector from Buckhead. Novare has been hit or miss at times. But this is definitely one they got right.
"Gothic architecture"? I think you meant Post-Modern (the style/movement Philip Johnson was most associated with in his career). (Note there are no pointed arches or buttresses on these buildings).

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:21 PM

One Atlantic Center I would characterize as Art Deco.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:36 PM

Latest Southside Beltline Presentation is up here: http://beltlineorg.wpengine.netdna-c...ST-9.13.16.pdf

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 6:00 PM

FYI, X's still marked on Hanover Midtown trees as of yesterday evening. Broadstone Terrace seems to be coming along, while no movement seems to have occurred yet for Juniper & 5th.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 6:40 PM

Recap was updated:

Quote:
1372 Peachtree St

ASD | SKY presented plans for core and shell improvements to the existing vacant office building at 1372 Peachtree Street. Most notably, the proposed scope includes demolition of the Peachtree Street façade and construction of a new full height curtain wall façade that features a new exterior stair. A new semi-enclosed courtyard and landscape area will also be created along the Peachtree frontage. The committee complimented plans for increased transparency on the Peachtree façade and for taking the opportunity to create nice public space. The DRC suggested that the applicant fine tune designs of the exterior fire stair and the outdoor seating area. The applicant will share these details as well as adjustments to the courtyard at a follow-up presentation.

195 13th Street

This was the second presentation of a proposed 27-story multifamily project on 13th Street by Lennar Multifamily Communities. The proposal includes 307 rental units with lobby, lounge, leasing and mailroom space on the ground floor. Per the committee’s request, the applicant shared proposed material selections and more detailed elevations of the 13th Street façade. The committee asked that designs be further developed for the 7-level above-grade parking deck, adding more detail and dimension to the façade. Prior to formal approval by the DRC, the applicant has been asked to submit these changes as well as a landscaping plan in a final comprehensive package.

SLS Atlanta Hotel Residences

Trillist returned for a follow-up presentation of a new luxury hotel project under the SLS flag. Located at the intersection of Crescent Avenue and 13th Street, the proposed 43-story tower would contain 214 hotel rooms, 66 condo units, and 12 levels of podium parking. At the first presentation in July, the DRC commended the development team for the collaborative approach in working with adjacent property owners to create a central service area that would reduce the need for curb cuts. The committee also suggested the need to simplify the creative programming planned along the pedestrian realm. Since July, the applicant has eliminated extraneous elements at the ground level and created a cleaner architectural expression and an engaging pedestrian experience. The committee and applicant agreed on other minor adjustments to the façade design and the committee will recommend formal support for this project on the condition that the applicant follow up with revised elevations.

Comcast

A new switching station is proposed in the middle of the site owned by Comcast. The intent is to construct in two phases a single-story, concrete masonry enclosure, flat-roof building consisting of approximately 6,500 SF to house an electronic signal processing system. The plan will include six emergency generators and ten separate HVAC package units. The committee stated appreciation for the applicant’s efforts to make the new building and ancillary devices as subdued as possible and will continue to work with the applicant towards this effort. While the applicant has ensured the committee that the utility uses will be completely screened from West Peachtree, the DRC has requested that the applicant show design plans with similar attention to Spring Street.
Also the 12th street apartment project filed for permits

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 8:33 PM

Hanover Midtown

Hanover Midtown's foundation and parking deck permit was issued today.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Hanover Midtown's foundation and parking deck permit was issued today.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:15 AM

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 11:20 AM

Can we officially began the countdown to Atlanta's 74 story 98 th 14 street tower?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Can we officially began the countdown to Atlanta's 74 story 98 th 14 street tower?
Fingers crossed

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Fingers crossed

Does someone know something????

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:10 PM

Paces Properties has acquired the Intown Suites in Monroe/Piedmont area, exciting times, that area is getting much nicer, the Modera turned out really well.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...wn-suites.html

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:39 PM

Atlanta's tech job market is on fire right now. Great to see!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations