HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 9:42 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
The height of the Frost may still be 400ft in the end.
No. It will be 386 feet tall.

Quote:
I am hearing that the Arts (Tobin Residences), similar to the Floodgate, may add one more floor due to demand. Clearly, it would seem SA downtown is finally realizing that slump buildings on prime Real estate is not the best financial objective, long term.
Huh? One floor? Now, that does not make financial sense. How many units is that? If there was "demand," they would add several floors not just one (and you would see several projects proposed and not just a few). Additionally, they would have to go back to the city to get new approval for added height and FAR...delaying delivery of the project.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Huh? One floor? Now, that does not make financial sense. How many units is that? If there was "demand," they would add several floors not just one (and you would see several projects proposed and not just a few). Additionally, they would have to go back to the city to get new approval for added height and FAR...delaying delivery of the project.
There's a quote from the Express News on the Arts/Thompson Hotel thread that said the developers were considering adding another floor... But considering that project was supposed to break ground over the summer and hasn't yet the extra floor might explain why there's been a delay.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=221033&page=4

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 12:42 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post
There's a quote from the Express News on the Arts/Thompson Hotel thread that said the developers were considering adding another floor... But considering that project was supposed to break ground over the summer and hasn't yet the extra floor might explain why there's been a delay.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=221033&page=4
Well, they're not making much of a profit by doing so. Based on recent construction estimates on this tower, it will cost them at least $5.5-$6 million to add one floor.

My point was that there is not as much demand out there as Fryguy believes there is. At least today...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 2:06 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Well, they're not making much of a profit by doing so. Based on recent construction estimates on this tower, it will cost them at least $5.5-$6 million to add one floor.

My point was that there is not as much demand out there as Fryguy believes there is. At least today...
In August, the Thompson was 20 percent pre sold, two months later it’s 35 percent pre sold. The now 15-story Floodgate residential next to the Canopy will charge 4 dollar a square foot rents. Developers are seeing the demand. They’ve done their due diligence.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Oct 14, 2017 at 2:21 AM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
In August, the Thompson was 20 percent pre sold, two months later it’s 35 percent pre sold. The now 15-story Floodgate residential next to the Canopy will charge 4 dollar a square foot rents. Developers are seeing the demand. They’ve done their due diligence.
And to be completely honest, if there is ever a beautiful highrise on the river walk one day, I will move in. That is the day I move downtown San Antonio. I want what Austin has but in San Antonio. And...with being around a mix of old and new and the foot traffic the river walk and the pearl sees. Its desirable.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 6:31 PM

First signs of pending demo today.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeger View Post
First signs of pending demo today.

[IMG][/IMG]
EXCITING!!!!! Thank you for posting! 😎

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 6:42 PM
James

It's coming down y'all.

*photo credit From facebook

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 8:40 PM

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
It's coming down y'all.

*photo credit From facebook
Wow. That was fast! I have to say, it only makes logical sense that the building really is coming! A new highrise! I doubt they would tear now a building only to not build on it. I cannot wait for them to start. San Antonio 2020 is going to be one beautiful skyline!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Wow. That was fast! I have to say, it only makes logical sense that the building really is coming! A new highrise! I doubt they would tear now a building only to not build on it. I cannot wait for them to start. San Antonio 2020 is going to be one beautiful skyline!
Yes, it will be!!!!
Again, a blend of the vintage buildings and modern buildings.......
Very European.....
and unique.....

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 4:17 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Well, that actually happens all the time. Not saying that I think demo is all that's going to happen here, but plenty of projects die after site prep is complete. It's definitely nice to see some tangible progress on this, though, of course!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 9:24 PM

taken on 11/2/17. Some demo was being done on the riverwalk side of the building.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 9:36 PM
JACKinBeantown

Nothing special coming down... nothing special going up. But at least something kinda tall is going up.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Nothing special coming down... nothing special going up. But at least something kinda tall is going up.
I'm torn on it. While I agree it's nothing special, I like the height. I don't like hiding the Tower Life Building.

My favorite view of TL is from Cesar Chavez, where it crosses the river. I hope this building doesn't detract from that view.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 12:27 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
I don't like hiding the Tower Life Building.

My favorite view of TL is from Cesar Chavez, where it crosses the river. I hope this building doesn't detract from that view.
Luckily I don't think it will. It should be just outside the left edge of the view in that picture. Here's the Google map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/To...!4d-98.4835106

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 3:31 PM
James

Quote:
I'm torn on it. While I agree it's nothing special, I like the height. I don't like hiding the Tower Life Building.

What jack said, it will mostly block the Granada from the South, the SW to NW views will get blocked tho.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:38 PM
JACKinBeantown

But there's a lot of empty property in the area that's ripe for development. That view will be gone at some point.

Maybe there should be some Tower Life View Corridors. ("What? San Antonio do something like Austin? The hell you say!" - typical San Antonian)

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 2:46 AM

I'm surprised no new developments have occured since they had planned to start construction in April 2018, more since this is an almost three year project and it being a residential tower. Perhaps there is a lot of "meetings" between folks regarding this project due in part to its location. Then again, nothing has been approved yet so this might still be a year away from construction.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:

What a great photo...it's my new desktop!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio