HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finessing View Post
RCMP search Fortress office in mortgage fraud probe
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...e-fraud-probe/

Let's hope Jawad Rathore, Vince Petrozza, Ben Myers, and the rest of the scammers at Fortress Real spend at least a couple years in Club Fed.
Ben Myers 'left ' in late December 2017 to become an 'independent consultant'

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 5:27 PM

That link comes up as subscribers only. Can you give us the gist of it?

ETA: I found the story on a different website. http://business.financialpost.com/ne...be-sources-say

Doesn't Fortress only have until the 15th to appeal the city's fill the hole order?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi3141592654 View Post
Ben Myers 'left ' in late December 2017 to become an 'independent consultant'
I think most of the rats have left the sinking ship now. I doubt most of the underlings get implicated in criminal charges but it's obvious Ben knew what was going on and didn't mind robbing hard-working people of their retirement money to make more for himself. To each their own.

Rathore and Petrozza probably skate from this like they did their last scam. I wonder how guys like this sleep at night? Nice example they are setting for their children.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 4:30 AM

Being reported in the Winnipeg Free Press that the RCMP raided the Toronto offices of Fortress today removing evidence as part of an investigation of syndicated mortgage fraud

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:55 PM
arf

We need the sidewalk back. This morning a pedestrian on the NorthEast corner actually turned to walk North along the contruction site on Albert Street.

I wish I had gotten a picture.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 4:09 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
We need the sidewalk back. This morning a pedestrian on the NorthEast corner actually turned to walk North along the contruction site on Albert Street.

I wish I had gotten a picture.
I've seen it happen too.

Technically pedestrians aren't supposed to even be crossing the North side of Albert (likely due to the blind spot around the corner for cars making right hand turns), but everyone basically ignores those signs.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 5:26 PM

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Waiting until the last day. This is just going to get dragged on and on and on. Unless they go bankrupt soon.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 5:42 PM
arf

You know that song..."Entry of the Gladiators." It's in my head right now.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 6:11 PM
arf

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 11:13 PM

These are the same people that you will see at any other protest in Regina as they have nothing better to do. But as I said previously this dirty little hole is kind of representative of the City.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missinglink View Post
These are the same people that you will see at any other protest in Regina as they have nothing better to do. But as I said previously this dirty little hole is kind of representative of the City.
That's a little judgmental of you. Personally, I think most of these people thought it was funny. This strikes me as more of an internet meme thing than anything tied to politics.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 3:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Get the fuck out of here, troll. The only people who bash protesters are people who hate democracy and people who are dumb enough to pass on the hate from people who hate democracy.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Get the fuck out of here, troll. The only people who bash protesters are people who hate democracy and people who are dumb enough to pass on the hate from people who hate democracy.
Very true. Without protesting, women wouldn't be able to vote, nor would minorities have equal rights. Being against protest is the equivalent of being racist or fascist/authoritarian.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Chill

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Hey Missinglink. For the record, I was at the Say Wow Like Owen Wilson event. There were around 200 participants and it was remarkable in that there were very few of the usual folks you see out protesting things like development in Wascana Park. It was a really young, happy crowd. And as far as I could tell, they weren't the standard community activist types. They were just people who found the whole Capital Pointe situation ridiculous and thought this goof was a fun way to highlight that.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 9:12 PM
Hmm....

I'm all for adding low income housing stock, but the busiest intersection in the city (one that should be a prime focal point) isn't quite the right spot. The Namerind proposal - if it gets off the ground - is actually a decent spot. In the core so it improves density and adds infill, but isn't in a front and centre location.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDechene View Post
Hey Missinglink. For the record, I was at the Say Wow Like Owen Wilson event. There were around 200 participants and it was remarkable in that there were very few of the usual folks you see out protesting things like development in Wascana Park. It was a really young, happy crowd. And as far as I could tell, they weren't the standard community activist types. They were just people who found the whole Capital Pointe situation ridiculous and thought this goof was a fun way to highlight that.
I was there as well, with my kid. It was fun. Plenty of laughing, joking around. I can't comment on whether "[these were] the same people that you will see at any other protest," since I haven't been at any other protests in recent memory (if ever).

This was essentially a anti-protest. It was making fun of everything to do with this 'project' - the developers (I'm being exceptionally generous in the use of that word to describe Fortress & the rest of the clowns (I'm also being exceptionally generous in the use of that word to describe these people (I'm reasonably sure they're human)); City admin; & City Council.

We weren't as much protesting as laughing at everything to do with Capital Pointe and the lunacy/inertia/stupidity/ignorance/politics that have allowed this gong show to drag on for 9 years, when it was clear after the first year that the project was dead (I assert it was never alive, but not everyone agrees with this position).

FTR: we were in the right place, at the right time - happened to be at Vic & Albert at 2:58, having just gone for ice cream... we didn't make a special trip out for it, I actually didn't remember it was happening, until I saw the crowd. But I'm certainly happy we participated. It was fun.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 3:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandCritter View Post
Chill
No. The right to protest is pretty close to as important as the right to free speech. This right should never be taken for granted. Do you not understand the type of political climate we are living in right now? The type of anti-democratic and anti-liberalism ignorance coming out of people like "Missinglink" should be fought against and hard. Unless you don't understand history and/or don't appreciate the freedoms we have had for only a relatively short period of time.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 3:58 PM

Quote:
No. The right to protest is pretty close to as important as the right to free speech. This right should never be taken for granted. Do you not understand the type of political climate we are living in right now?
I do. Chill.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan