HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 2:27 PM

The Sunset Road transformation continues...

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...tml#g/434308/1

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
Two new theaters being built next to each other??
The Santikos at Cibolo Crossing and Evo Entertainment at Wiederstein Ranch retail development.
not quite next to each other but certainly in close proximity. wiederstein runs in a very odd manner as it discontinues and then picks up at a later spot. the EVO center will likely be somewhere just north of selma and on the southern end of schertz. essentially, there will be three theaters along about a 7 mile stretch of I-35 if you include the already existing Live Oak Cinema. the interesting aspect of the Santikos development is that it will be attached to a retail center that hopes to bring in more diverse restaurants in to that area. a book store would be great as there are no half-price books or barnes and noble stores in the entire area of converse, selma, live oak, windcrest, live oak, kirby, schertz, cibolo and new braunfels.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
H-E-B plans to invest at least $130 million at the site over a three-year period, the memo says. The San Antonio retailer says the 1 million-square-foot facility will be its largest single-build warehouse and will constitute its largest investment to date in its manufacturing and supply-chain division.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...photo-15533191

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 7:52 PM
James

I looked at it on a map. It's funny how it's not even that far from 410, the SW corner of Houston and Foster is where it will be.

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
GO HEB GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
I looked at it on a map. It's funny how it's not even that far from 410, the SW corner of Houston and Foster is where it will be.
That whole area is exploding with warehouses and the residential is on the uptick. My hometown of La Vernia is growing by leaps and bounds.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
Two new theaters being built next to each other??
The Santikos at Cibolo Crossing and Evo Entertainment at Wiederstein Ranch retail development.
at first, i thought they would be a few miles apart but the EVO construction has started as well and the site is maybe two football fields away from the Santikos site. i've never seen two theaters in such close proximity before.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:09 PM

I have it on good authority that EVO will not be built. They sent out the press release to make Santikos finally fully commit. The EVO site will be developed into a retail area, but no movie theater will be built.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:43 PM

Quote:
I have it on good authority that EVO will not be built. They sent out the press release to make Santikos finally fully commit. The EVO site will be developed into a retail area, but no movie theater will be built.
hmmm. there is a very large sign out where the construction is taking place that reads EVO and shows the rendering. It is right off I-35. Seems like bad marketing to show that this is coming and then do an about face at some point.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 4:38 PM

Also it shows on their website as "coming soon".

https://www.evo-entertainment.com/lo...Soon-Showtimes

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 6:18 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
That makes zero sense.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
That makes zero sense.
It does not make any sense to have two massive theater/entertainment complex across the street.

That said, I was told that that both companies really want to be at that intersection. EVO sent that press blast to make Santikos sign the contract. Santikos was arguing with the developer because they are making them build a modern non themed outside. (think Casa Blanca)

If they both get built great but I would not consider it a done deal for EVO.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

Quote:
It does not make any sense to have two massive theater/entertainment complex across the street.

That said, I was told that that both companies really want to be at that intersection. EVO sent that press blast to make Santikos sign the contract. Santikos was arguing with the developer because they are making them build a modern non themed outside. (think Casa Blanca)

If they both get built great but I would not consider it a done deal for EVO.
No more sense than two Starbucks across from one another or two grocery stores across from one another or cvs across from Walgreens, etc.

What does t make any sense whatsoever is what you stated above. Imo.

Tho, it seems you’re letting off the pedal with your absolute claim.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
No more sense than two Starbucks across from one another or two grocery stores across from one another or cvs across from Walgreens, etc.

What does t make any sense whatsoever is what you stated above. Imo.

Tho, it seems you’re letting off the pedal with your absolute claim.
Not sure about your hostility.

The things you mentioned are right next to each other all the time. Have you every seen two very large entertainment centers right next to each other? I have not and most people commenting on this project we also confused.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:

The things you mentioned are right next to each other all the time. Have you every seen two very large entertainment centers right next to each other? I have not and most people commenting on this project we also confused.
First off, there’s no hostility. None, whatsoever.

Second, I simply made a counterpoint to what you stated. Also, I observed that you went from a hardline “it’s not happening” to “You don’t consider it a done deal”.

Lastly, I’m not sure I understand your question. Two very large entertainment centers? Are you specifically talking retail centers with movie theaters in them next to each other or just two retail centers with entertainment components? Because one could say the Legacy and Northwood are two entertainment centers across from one another.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 6:37 AM
Meh

Quote:

For what's it worth, there were two large movie theatres across I-35 from each other for about a decade in South Austin up until about a year or so ago when the Tinsel Town closed and was torn down and replaced with a BMW dealership. I remember reading years ago that the movie theatre industry overbuilt in markets.

Thou shall not indict

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; May 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 9:37 AM

Quote:
First off, there’s no hostility. None, whatsoever.

Second, I simply made a counterpoint to what you stated. Also, I observed that you went from a hardline “it’s not happening” to “You don’t consider it a done deal”.

Lastly, I’m not sure I understand your question. Two very large entertainment centers? Are you specifically talking retail centers with movie theaters in them next to each other or just two retail centers with entertainment components? Because one could say the Legacy and Northwood are two entertainment centers across from one another.
I’m talking two large movie theaters that include bowling and arcades.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I’m talking two large movie theaters that include bowling and arcades.
It’s peobably not something you’d see often but I’m sure somewhere in this country or elsewhere there is such things.

My point was simply it makes zero sense for Evo to do what they did as you’ve stated. None, whatsoever.

You then took a hardline claim and softened your stance.

Those were my two points.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 1:21 PM

Quote:
It’s peobably not something you’d see often but I’m sure somewhere in this country or elsewhere there is such things.

My point was simply it makes zero sense for Evo to do what they did as you’ve stated. None, whatsoever.

You then took a hardline claim and softened your stance.

Those were my two points.
Points noted.

We will have to wait and see.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 11:44 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
...or cvs across from Walgreens...
Isn't there a CVS across the street or catty-corner from a Walgreens at almost every major neighborhood intersection in the country?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio