HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Having the ITC stay in place with new development around it is a really interesting idea, a good developer could create something really interesting with that. Plus I would hate to see the ITC leave its current site, I have a feeling that if it leaves its current location it would probably be stuck off on the edge of UTSA somewhere and never heard from again.
I think it's time for them to move. They suffer from the same problem as Hemisfair in that they are off the beaten path.

I think a good landing place could be in one of the buildings purchased by the GLO in Alamo Plaza. I'm not sure if any of the building spaces or configuration work well, but that would be an ideal location. Historical museum near one of the most visited sites in the state with relevance (as opposed to Ripley's). It makes sense to me.

Stick the baseball diamond on the old site and build residential/retail around it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio