HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Mandarin Oriental Hotel & Residences Atlanta in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 11:56 PM
roma volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBowers View Post
The building is necessarily narrow because that lot is so narrow. There won't be any room for a road. Indeed, it is my understanding that the developer needed a variance to allow the footprint of the building to take up as much of the lot as it does.
is it just me, or does one of the renderings look to have an entrance on the side of mandarin from a street?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleystreetindustry View Post
is it just me, or does one of the renderings look to have an entrance on the side of mandarin from a street?
Yeah, I see what you're talking about alleystreetindustry, but given the size of the lot and the fact that 13th street is offset on either side, I think it would be structurally impossible to have a building of that height on a footprint as small as would be required if the street was connected. Plus, I remember someone mentioning a while back that 13th Street between Crescent and West Peachtree was to be closed and converted to a pedestrian walkway at some point.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 8:12 PM

^Not replying to myself, but here's the site plan (last page of the review) showing that 13th Street will not be reconnected:

http://www.atlantaregional.com/webdo...y%20Report.pdf

A couple things I noticed...the site plan shows two driveways (one on Crescent and one on Peachtree) running in line with 13th Street and a new signal is proposed for 13th and Peachtree. Also, it shows retail along Crescent. Plans call for 70 condominiums, 200-key hotel and 11,500 sf of retail with full buildout by 2011. Can't wait to see this get started.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 11:25 AM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
^Not replying to myself, but here's the site plan (last page of the review) showing that 13th Street will not be reconnected: A couple things I noticed...the site plan shows two driveways (one on Crescent and one on Peachtree) running in line with 13th Street and a new signal is proposed for 13th and Peachtree. Also, it shows retail along Crescent. Plans call for 70 condominiums, 200-key hotel and 11,500 sf of retail with full buildout by 2011. Can't wait to see this get started.

While we're all noticing details can someone explain to me what the phrase "50 Story Mixed Use Tower" is doing on the site plans.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 1:07 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post

While we're all noticing details can someone explain to me what the phrase "50 Story Mixed Use Tower" is doing on the site plans.
STrek777...I'm not sure I understand your question. A 50 story mixed use tower is what is being proposed. Am I misunderstanding something?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Condos, hotel and retail is mixed use no?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 6:34 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:

I was remarking on the number of floors I know what mixed use means. It just seems like every project keeps getting floors knocked off.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 6:48 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
I was remarking on the number of floors I know what mixed use means. It just seems like every project keeps getting floors knocked off.
Oh, sorry...OK. I didn't know that firm story number had previously been established for this building...I just recalled it as being around 50 stories. Was there a previous definitive statement indicating more floors?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 6:54 PM

I noticed that too but I was reprimanded last time I mentioned discrepancies in reported floor counts. Someone suggested earlier that perhaps the 54 floors was including the "fin" at the top... or perhaps they are unable to bury all the parking and there could be 4 floors of above ground parking not mentioned... either way this building is gonna be awesome!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:06 PM
Urban Explorer

I'm just waiting for that announcement....

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:09 PM
BANNED

Shiney, Its Like A Bug Zapper...must Go Towards...the Light....oooooo........aghhhhhhhhhhh(zap!)

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:18 PM

Size wise, it should be a slightly more robust or rotund version of Mansion, shoved up to the sidewalk.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:40 PM

Yeah... with but the personality of Mansion's bad ass punk rock cousin from the City

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 2:54 AM

his cousin that took some steroids too. Mansion is skinny but thats what makes it look so tall.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 2:22 PM
BANNED

Is this the cousin that will get arrested for drug possession and then to get off the charges he will hand you to the Feds for Dog fighting because your a big name NFL player?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 6:48 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

It reminds me of the Mansion's "entertainer extraodinaire" cousin...she's a high-dollar drag queen.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 2:24 PM

delete

Last edited by L.ARCH; Oct 10, 2007 at 2:36 PM. Reason: stupid post

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 4:09 AM

Tivoli's website says this project "will be coming soon." I think before it said something about being announced Fall 2007. I guess this means it's been delayed.

http://www.tivoli-properties.com/

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 3:00 PM
Back on the road again

dang.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2008, 2:59 AM

So Tivoli's big, triple pace-setting announcement is tonight, 2/21... Here's to hoping it's the Mandarin Oriental, and that it's a real "crown jewel" for the 'Mile.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive