HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 5:04 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
There used to be a TIM'S ON Mountain Road near the Kmart Plaza Entrance. Is that one gone now?
That store was built the same time as St. George Blvd, 1111 Main, and One in Dieppe beside McDonalds. I believe these were the 4 original stores in Moncton. Maybe Coverdale Road too, but I think that one was later.

The 4, maybe 5 stores opened around the same time. DONUTS 25 cents, Timbits were a nickle.
It's still there.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 6:49 PM

That one is the first Tim's to open in Moncton.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
That one is the first Tim's to open in Moncton.
3 to 5 stores opened fairly close together, I could not remember which opened first.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Other than the Tim's next to 1111 Main, when has one ever closed in Moncton?
Yes there has. The one they tried in the Esso on mapleton.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Yes there has. The one they tried in the Esso on mapleton.
And the pop up one in the Canadian tire

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 11:53 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
And the pop up one in the Canadian tire
There also used to be one across from the Avenir Centre.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The city has agreed to help fund a new artificial turf football field at Ecole l'Odyssee

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ield-1.5372538

Quote:
The city previously spent $750,000 for similar fields at Harrison Trimble High School, Bernice McNaughton High School and Moncton High School.
There is also an artificial turf field at Mathieu-Martin in Dieppe. It seems like the only outlier left in the metro area will be Riverview High School.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 11:18 AM

The city agreed to waste our tax dollars only if the province forks up 1.65 million... personally I implore Higgs to say NO. I'm not happy that in a poor as dirt province we're pissing away money on things like this, let the schools buy their own fields.

This province seriously needs to get their sh*t together. I don't understand how our government will cancel major infrastructure project but yet would then consider spending money on something like this.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is also an artificial turf field at Mathieu-Martin in Dieppe. It seems like the only outlier left in the metro area will be Riverview High School.
A correction on this, Mathieu Martin does not have an artificial field unless they built one since this summer.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
The city has agreed to help fund a new artificial turf football field at Ecole l'Odyssee

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ield-1.5372538

As the parent of an RHS rugby player, I can tell you something needs to be done about their field. Last spring, they were unable to play any home games at RHS due to the quality of the field. The town wouldn't even let them use the school's football field. They even had to move a "home" game to Miramichi, because of this.

L'Odysee's field is also home to Moncton Black Tide rugby. This will be a big boost to that organization as well.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 12:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
The city agreed to waste our tax dollars only if the province forks up 1.65 million... personally I implore Higgs to say NO. I'm not happy that in a poor as dirt province we're pissing away money on things like this, let the schools buy their own fields.

This province seriously needs to get their sh*t together. I don't understand how our government will cancel major infrastructure project but yet would then consider spending money on something like this.
I hear ya, but there is an issue of fairness here - if the city contributed $750k to BMHS, MHS & HTHS, it could hardly deny the funding to l'Odyssee.

Re: Mathieu-Martin, I thought I heard somewhere that they had obtained funding for the field. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Re: Riverview High, having to play a home game in Miramichi is criminal.

Of the six metro high schools, RHS is the one most likely to have to maintain the status quo into the distant future.......

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
As the parent of an RHS rugby player, I can tell you something needs to be done about their field. Last spring, they were unable to play any home games at RHS due to the quality of the field. The town wouldn't even let them use the school's football field. They even had to move a "home" game to Miramichi, because of this.

L'Odysee's field is also home to Moncton Black Tide rugby. This will be a big boost to that organization as well.
I remember when the built the field at Riverview High, prior to this the field was very rocky and only used for practice. The problem was the summer after it was built, the school and the town got into a debated on who should maintain it and so no one did. It was overgrown by the end of the summer and ruined. I don't think they have spent any more money on that field since.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 2:45 PM

Quote:
I hear ya, but there is an issue of fairness here - if the city contributed $750k to BMHS, MHS & HTHS, it could hardly deny the funding to l'Odyssee.

Re: Mathieu-Martin, I thought I heard somewhere that they had obtained funding for the field. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Re: Riverview High, having to play a home game in Miramichi is criminal.

Of the six metro high schools, RHS is the one most likely to have to maintain the status quo into the distant future.......
It's a shame our many wealthy business leaders in the three communities couldn't help with funding and create some good PR. Oh well.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
It's a shame our many wealthy business leaders in the three communities couldn't help with funding and create some good PR. Oh well.
MHS did this, launching a successful capital campaign targetting MHS alumni and local businesses. As noted by others, they also got city help. Hard to deny one school when all the others got the same benefit. L'Odysee should also copy MHS's initiative and target their school community and local businesses. (I can't read the story; maybe they are already doing this.)

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 6:42 PM

This property on Harrisville was been sold in November per SNB
https://paol.snb.ca/paol.html?lang=en&pan=06092348

And today it looks like some surveying was done as i saw bunch of flags in the ground. Could be it another apartment going there?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 12:44 PM

Moncton Shatters Development Record - NETCO Electric

In today's Times & Transcript, it states that NETCO Electric is building something quite significant in the industrial park.

I haven't heard of this till today. Any details?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 2:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

New rendering (and a name) for the apartment building going up on the NW corner of Pleasant & Lewisville:

Previous rendering:

Note the flatter roofline and the preserved bell tower from the previous church out front, as well as a different window styling (amongst other small things)

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:12 PM

Somethings afoot on the corner lot of granite and elmwood across from the new McDonalds. There is an excavator in there this am and a sign on the corner saying building materials supplied by Homehardware.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 1:42 PM

Could this be the ReCar dealership that was previously mentioned this this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Somethings afoot on the corner lot of granite and elmwood across from the new McDonalds. There is an excavator in there this am and a sign on the corner saying building materials supplied by Homehardware.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mezza Lebanese Kitchen now under construction next to the Subway at McLaughin Place - shovels are in the ground!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces