HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 6:39 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
...the cluster near the Cobb Web (285 & 75) or Spaghetti Western if you so incline...
Spaghetti Western! How clever! I love that!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
So what is keeping you here now? If you're free to live and travel where you please, I don't quite understand why you're "locked in this sucky ass town"...
Most likely a disgruntled person who isn't from atlanta just registered a new username.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuspunk View Post
From the looks of things, it appears as though Joe's has been replaced with garden style apartment buildings.
Those renderings are all done by people in China who have no idea what's around the site. It happens all the time. I've seen some Atlanta projects come back with palms and Spanish revival "context" buildings.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleystreetindustry View Post
seems to me the office building is only going to reach 440ft. (not that im picky). its sounds accurate when you compare the tower with 1010. im kind of glad it isn't going to be 500ft.+ though.
Joe F Steed has the plans for 12th & Midtown and thats where the information on the title of the thread comes from.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypkatl View Post
Ummm...phoenix, houston, jacksonville, nashville, oklahoma city, san diego, dallas, austin, memphis and charlotte ...Are these real Cities...I think NOT...
What a tard'... such elitist attitude. He's living in his eternal present, not taking into account the fact that at one point in time all of his "real" cities were once trading posts, railroad junctions, small ports, etc. All of the above cities are very much REAL -- they just haven't been around as long as the really "real" cities, whatever that means.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 8:19 PM

12th & Midtown project's second phase gets backing

12th & Midtown project's second phase gets backing

By KEVIN DUFFY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 11/09/07

The 12th & Midtown developers have secured a $393 loan for the second phase of their four-block project — two high-rises with offices, retail, a hotel and condominiums.

New York-based Hypo Real Estate Capital Corp. made the loan.

"Midtown Mile in Atlanta is an up-and-coming area with a strong demand for more retail, office and residential space," said David McNeill, a director at Hypo. "12th & Midtown will satisfy these demands."

Daniel Corp., Selig Enterprises and MetLife are developing the $2 billion 12th & Midtown project. The first phase is a condo tower called 1010 Midtown that's scheduled to open next fall.

The second phase, which is under construction, will have two towers. One will be 38 stories and contain office space. The other, 35 stories, will have a 414-room Loews Hotel, 60 condos and more than 60,000 square feet of retail space.

Loews is projected open in the spring of 2010.

The lender is a subsidiary of the German bank Hypo Real Estate Bank International.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 8:47 PM

Notice the report says $393 loan. Ha! I would have loaned them that!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosoul View Post
Notice the report says $393 loan. Ha! I would have loaned them that!
Beat me to it

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 9:59 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Beat me to it
Now the article list the buildings as 38 and 35 stories. So does this mean that we have to change the title of the thread again?

Personally I don't know why they just don't round the thing up and just say 40 - 35. For this project just how much would ya'll guestimate 2 aditional floors to cost?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post
Personally I don't know why they just don't round the thing up and just say 40 - 35. For this project just how much would ya'll guestimate 2 aditional floors to cost?
A darn sight more than $393! When you get such a good price for the first 38and 35 stories, you really shouldn't get greedy.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 12:22 AM
Atlanta Native

I have another question. So 1180 is 41 stories and about 550ft tall just to the roof and only one extra large floor fronting Peachtree St. The office side of 1075 is 38 stories and two extra large floors fronting Peachtree St with, what looks like, a three story crown. When all is said and done would the office side of 1075 be the same height, with its crown, as 1180 without the crown... or very close to it? I'm just thinking out loud if I'm wrong please do not execute me.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2007, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post
I have another question. So 1180 is 41 stories and about 550ft tall just to the roof and only one extra large floor fronting Peachtree St. The office side of 1075 is 38 stories and two extra large floors fronting Peachtree St with, what looks like, a three story crown. When all is said and done would the office side of 1075 be the same height, with its crown, as 1180 without the crown... or very close to it? I'm just thinking out loud if I'm wrong please do not execute me.
4 stories are underground. The heights are listed in the title. It won't be close.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 1:53 PM

Does anyone know why the webcam for this and Phase I haven't been working since last week?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 4:40 PM

While I haven't seen the plans, all the renderings show the 3 buildings being very comparable in heights so far. 1010 will be the gauge for the heights of the two new buildings. They will all be about the same on the skyline and matching in height to the other buildings around them with IBM and 1180 being the dominant towers height wise.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 10:04 PM
Former GTC Deity

There was a lot of activity at the site today, with a ton of small cranes there. It looked like they were drilling cassions (I think that's what they were called) so the foundation is under way. I would expect the large cranes by the end of the month.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 8:40 PM
Urban Explorer

They were putting together the first of 4 tower cranes today, so I took some pictures.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 8:50 PM

nice pics mattsal and gttx!

man, the entire site looks like a chaotic mess. it's amazing to me the amount of minor detial the project manager(s) have to keep track of in a fairly large project like this.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2007, 10:08 PM

I just realized that at 487 feet, the office portion of this project will make it the fifth tallest building in Midtown (behind One Atlantic, Promenade, 1180, and four seasons). Hopefully, it will quickly be pushed to 6th tallest when the MO gets built!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2007, 12:33 AM

or 7th... if Trump ever breaks ground?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2007, 1:32 AM

oh yeah, thanks. Forgot about Trump

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive