HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1941  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 3:47 AM
Restless One Restless One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by txex06 View Post


Two quick pics of how the Frost looks coming down Travis Street. Glass is up along the garage, I'll try and capture that next.
Thanks for the pics. It's a beautiful building, and hopefully more to come.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1942  
Old Posted May 16, 2019, 9:14 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
I ♥ NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 48,226
__________________
I love chicken, I love liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver - Dr. Evil
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1943  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 1:03 AM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 579
Wonderful pictures, Kevin!


Anyone else notice how dark the Grand Hyatt has been in recent weeks? San Antonio has the prettiest skyline at night, but it's just been very dark lately (some other buildings, too).

- Fry

Last edited by Fryguy; May 17, 2019 at 7:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1944  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 7:09 AM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 579
Hey, Kevin, have you added your awesome pictures to Google Maps and/or Google Earth?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1945  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 5:04 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
I ♥ NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 48,226
Those aren't mine, so I wouldn't do that. I just came across them on a meteorologist's Facebook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Wonderful pictures, Kevin!


Anyone else notice how dark the Grand Hyatt has been in recent weeks? San Antonio has the prettiest skyline at night, but it's just been very dark lately (some other buildings, too).

- Fry
It might have something to do with the crickets this time of year. I know that some buildings in Austin go dark around this time of year to discourage crickets from their rooftops and balconies.
__________________
I love chicken, I love liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver - Dr. Evil
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1946  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 5:46 PM
PDG91's Avatar
PDG91 PDG91 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 96
Here's a quick shot I took of the Garage from Travis st. I'm actually ok with how the garage turned out now that it's completed (even though this isn't the retail side). I'm gonna have to take more photos from the retail and San Pedro river side when I get the chance.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1947  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 6:42 PM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDG91 View Post
Here's a quick shot I took of the Garage from Travis st. I'm actually ok with how the garage turned out now that it's completed (even though this isn't the retail side). I'm gonna have to take more photos from the retail and San Pedro river side when I get the chance.

Spectacular image! I'm going to save that one for myself. You can even see that the gym has been completed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1948  
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 7:30 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
I am a registered user.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Beantown
Posts: 7,334
(like button for the picture, PDG91)

For a garage it looks kinda nice I guess, but it still looks like a garage. The building itself is spectacular.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1949  
Old Posted May 19, 2019, 2:20 PM
UrbanTrance's Avatar
UrbanTrance UrbanTrance is online now
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 542
I’m still salty it’s detached from the building, but it looks nice.

Has anyone heard what retail is going in or any mumblings? They want high end so I’d be curious if they’d bring something new to SA.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1950  
Old Posted May 19, 2019, 3:29 PM
Keep-SA-Lame's Avatar
Keep-SA-Lame Keep-SA-Lame is offline
COGSADCAJA- Publicist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTrance View Post
I’m still salty it’s detached from the building, but it looks nice.

Has anyone heard what retail is going in or any mumblings? They want high end so I’d be curious if they’d bring something new to SA.
My money would be on restaurants, that seems to be the only thing downtown that does well. But who knows! Maybe this is the rebirth of actual retail downtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1951  
Old Posted May 20, 2019, 3:03 PM
UrbanTrance's Avatar
UrbanTrance UrbanTrance is online now
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
My money would be on restaurants, that seems to be the only thing downtown that does well. But who knows! Maybe this is the rebirth of actual retail downtown.
I hope it is. I want to see some good restaurants and at least one unique or new retailer there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:18 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.