HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 5:49 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTempe View Post
Hello all I found this 9 story mixed use building rendering on LoopNet next to the 211 E 7th St development. https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/706-...e-AZ/27423805/. There are issues with the pictures in the brochure however, it puts south pier in the wrong place somehow. It says it will break ground in 2023.

That's Atmosphere in the back and the address and perspective makes plenty of sense when you look it up in Streetview, 706 S College Ave.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Hello all I found this 9 story mixed use building rendering on LoopNet next to the 211 E 7th St development. https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/706-...e-AZ/27423805/. There are issues with the pictures in the brochure however, it puts south pier in the wrong place somehow. It says it will break ground in 2023.

Nice, thanks for posting. Love the look, it reminds me of some of the stuff built in Fulton Market in Chicago.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 7:58 PM
Skyriser

Strange that they're going for a midrise development too, I thought anything there would be yet another podium parked 300' project.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Strange that they're going for a midrise development too, I thought anything there would be yet another podium parked 300' project.
yeah it looks like a Tucson-kind of project that of course would never happen despite millions of Rio Nuevo exploratory funding. yes, i'm making fun of Tucson and yes i have the right since i was born there!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 11:07 PM

That's the 9-story I was referring to a couple pages back in discussion with the 350' proposed project next door. Developer already has ASU approval which took awhile cause ASU didn't want height but approved the 9-story design due to the brick.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 11:46 PM
Skyriser

I think it's bullshit that ASU gets to lobby against projects on private land in Downtown Tempe. Half the time ASU is in the same high-rise real estate market and just hypocritically complaining about the competition.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 12:13 AM

Does anyone know what these boxes they are setting in the ground for the ASU Entry Way in front of the Old Main? They individually look like black J Jons' from a distance so are they some type of hardware for a water display of some kind or just what? You can see it on the Campus View Site for the Tempe Campus.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Does anyone know what these boxes they are setting in the ground for the ASU Entry Way in front of the Old Main? They individually look like black J Jons' from a distance so are they some type of hardware for a water display of some kind or just what? You can see it on the Campus View Site for the Tempe Campus.
From the renderings it looks like a large ASU sign.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 7:16 PM

I saw the renderings for La Victoria Commons and it looks nice...just wish they could assemble a larger lot for a bigger project considering it's right next to a light rail station. At least it looks like it will have an active first floor with the clinic space and cookie bakery. Also anyone saw the renderings for the Mimina project? It looks like it's on Weber but not sure the cross street?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 7:21 PM

Quote:
WTFFFFF? Why would they cut down all of those mature trees and palms on the lawn between Old Main and University Dr???

Those random mature trees were one of the best parts about that area and campus in general.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 7:43 PM

Got to me more to this then a sign

Quote:
These things I noted were the size and height of a J Jon there has to be more to this then a foundation for a sign. If you look at the photo there are still two of these things in the far left of the Campus View Photo standing up one wrapped one unwrapped. And yes they are out in front of some J Jons but they are not J Jons. They dug a deep hole and stuck numerous of these things side by side in the hole and you can still see all of them together in the hole they dug out.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
I saw the renderings for La Victoria Commons and it looks nice...just wish they could assemble a larger lot for a bigger project considering it's right next to a light rail station. At least it looks like it will have an active first floor with the clinic space and cookie bakery. Also anyone saw the renderings for the Mimina project? It looks like it's on Weber but not sure the cross street?
Minima is over by AZ Mills.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 4:09 PM

I actually really don't like that they are tearing out those old big trees in favor of palms. OF course I think its awful they put disgusting looking solar panel over the center of campus as well.

Solar pannels are not pretty, they should not be in public areas they are powerplants and utilities, it doesn't matter if they are "Green" they aren't nice to have around.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 5:09 PM

You go from this (nice random trees to sit under, probably 60-80 year old palm trees):
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4219...7i16384!8i8192

To a sterile landscape architecture student's final project.

And don't get me started on when ASU ripped out all of the original 100+year old palm trees on Palm Walk to replace them with the new date palms because "they were likely nearing the end of their lifespan".

Academics can't get out of their own way sometimes.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 8:41 PM

Took some photos on my ride today near the lake. Doing some ground work for South Pier, and some more work being done at The Pier as well, though not too much changed since the last photo was posted.

https://imgur.com/a/iRd4Onp

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 1:04 AM

Gotta say

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
You go from this (nice random trees to sit under, probably 60-80 year old palm trees):
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4219...7i16384!8i8192

To a sterile landscape architecture student's final project.

And don't get me started on when ASU ripped out all of the original 100+year old palm trees on Palm Walk to replace them with the new date palms because "they were likely nearing the end of their lifespan".

Date Palm's IMO look a lot better and provide a heck of a lot more shade then fan palm's or whatever they are called. Glad they pulled them. I find it interesting that it hasn't dawned on many landscape architects that you can use Date Palm's as a canopy cover for other types of trees that require some additional extent of shade during the day which might broaden the type of trees you could plant in a desert climate. I realize there is a water issue for some of those type of trees but there should be places in the city where that extra use of water should be allowed like say in Phoenix's Hance Park.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post

They most definitley were nearing the end of their life span. Same problem LA is facing with it's old street palms. ASU replaced them with a much better shade producing palm and it looks great.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttown5 View Post
Took some photos on my ride today near the lake. Doing some ground work for South Pier, and some more work being done at The Pier as well, though not too much changed since the last photo was posted.

https://imgur.com/a/iRd4Onp
I know we poked fun at how long it's taking to build the Pier - but it's looking like it's going to be a very nice building - if not the best one build recently. Definitely has a good Miami vibe going on there....

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 4:10 PM

Pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
I know we poked fun at how long it's taking to build the Pier - but it's looking like it's going to be a very nice building - if not the best one build recently. Definitely has a good Miami vibe going on there....
This just in. Projected completion August 2027. One of the family members got another job somewhere else. Puts clog in completion schedule

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
It has a huge impact driving westbound on the 202, with South Pier rising east of that next the Tempe skyline will only get more dramatic soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest