HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 2:27 PM
Senior Bezerkeleyite

Does anyone know if there is a master plan or an attempt to link all the new buckhead development together. For instance, is there any sort of public greenway linking things, etc? Every development in the Lennox area acts is like a texas ranch with little or no attention to making the area seem like a cohesive place. Right now the whole area reads like a mess of infrastructure and random towers.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 2:37 PM
Administrator

Hey folks, please try and keep it to one topic per thread..

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbautz
Does anyone know if there is a master plan or an attempt to link all the new buckhead development together. For instance, is there any sort of public greenway linking things, etc? Every development in the Lennox area acts is like a texas ranch with little or no attention to making the area seem like a cohesive place. Right now the whole area reads like a mess of infrastructure and random towers.
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a while on this forum. Do more research before making derogitory comments.
Check out these two sites.
http://www.peachtreeboulevard.com
http://www.buckhead.orgThere are other links on this site. I hope this can give you and anyone who's interested a start.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a while on this forum. Do more research before making derogitory comments.
Check out these two sites.
http://www.peachtreeboulevard.com
http://www.buckhead.orgThere are other links on this site. I hope this can give you and anyone who's interested a start.
Its not ridiculous and it can't be the first time you've heard this criticism of Buckhead.

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a master plan or an attempt to link all the new buckhead development together.
The Peachtree Boulevard project is a much needed improvement but the answer to the question in general is clearly NO. Fortunately most of the projects will front the street with retail which, at this stage of the game, is about the best we can hope for in Buckhead.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone
Its not ridiculous and it can't be the first time you've heard this criticism of Buckhead.

The Peachtree Boulevard project is a much needed improvement but the answer to the question in general is clearly NO. Fortunately most of the projects will front the street with retail which, at this stage of the game, is about the best we can hope for in Buckhead.
Sorry, but I feel it is a ridiculous statement for Atlanta. All of the new projects up and down Peachtree, tend to cater to its own thing. The only one that doesn't would have to be the Terminus master plan, but that stills caters to its own developement. Each of the new projects being built in Midtown and Buckhead have the same interest in the overall developement of their sub-district. So, I haven't heard in a while on here one of those statements towards Buckhead or Midtown.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2006, 8:46 PM

I agree with the comment that Buckhead is a mess of random towers with no effort to embrace the street. Current projects will help correct that, but as it stands now, that whole core bounded by Peachtree, Piedmont and Buckhead Loop is a distaster. Just try explaining to someone how to drive to New York Prime, or how to walk from the Container Store to Bed Bath & Beyond.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2006, 9:28 PM
Senior Bezerkeleyite

Thanks for the links. I haven't lived in Atlanta for 8 years and when I go back to visit family so much has changed. Its nice to know that people are thinking about this issue.

As for the ridiculous comment. I'm actually from Buckhead, grew up on E Wesley Road, graduated from North Fulton High School and used to hand out at the Lennox video arcade (when there was one) during my junior high days. I lived in this area before there many towers and before GA 400 was built and when there was a car dealership on the corner of piemont and peachtree instead of hotel Nikko well, I guess its called the Hyatt now. Before GA 400 was built, I used to walk to the end of E Paces Ferry road through some woods to reach the mall. I am old school Buckhead and I have seen Lenox Square evolve from a mall with mostly trees around it to an edge city with little cohesion. I feel that my synopsis and opinion of the area is completely legitamate.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbautz
Thanks for the links. I haven't lived in Atlanta for 8 years and when I go back to visit family so much has changed. Its nice to know that people are thinking about this issue.

As for the ridiculous comment. I'm actually from Buckhead, grew up on E Wesley Road, graduated from North Fulton High School and used to hand out at the Lennox video arcade (when there was one) during my junior high days. I lived in this area before there many towers and before GA 400 was built and when there was a car dealership on the corner of piemont and peachtree instead of hotel Nikko well, I guess its called the Hyatt now. Before GA 400 was built, I used to walk to the end of E Paces Ferry road through some woods to reach the mall. I am old school Buckhead and I have seen Lenox Square evolve from a mall with mostly trees around it to an edge city with little cohesion. I feel that my synopsis and opinion of the area is completely legitamate.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's pretty cool about North Fulton. I had 7 cousins that graduated from either North Fulton or Northside. Also, you forgot to mention the Dekalb Tire and Co. where the Einstein's is located. Btw, my granparents have lived on E. Wesley for about 20 years.
Vandynole, say how you feel, but to say it is a disaster, is a little below the belt. It's really not that difficult. I've been other places that were much more difficult to understand.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
JoeCooper

I was really impressed to see this thing peaking up above street level! As suprised as I am to see this one get built, it's really cool seeing how far it has progressed over the last few months since it broke ground...

Old Posted Jul 21, 2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
I was really impressed to see this thing peaking up above street level! As suprised as I am to see this one get built, it's really cool seeing how far it has progressed over the last few months since it broke ground...
I agree. I really didn't think something this edgy would be built in Atlanta.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2006, 3:37 AM

Does anybody know how long the peachtree boulevard project is going to take?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2006, 7:24 PM

Construction Update

July 21 2006, hazy sky day, poor air quality, maybe better next month.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2006, 7:36 PM

Nice! I was a little surprised to see columns coming out of the ground last weekend. Looks like its full steam ahead now.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2006, 8:03 PM

I guess this does illustrate how in Buckhead, developments don't meet the street, so to speak. However, I don't think that every building must meet the street. I think it adds to BH's character. It makes it unique in my opinion. In the most generic sense I would choice green space over curb appeal or having buildings come up to the sidewalk any day; just my opinion. On another note, can anyone tell me what view point this pic is from, is it the back or front??

Old Posted Jul 31, 2006, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
I guess this does illustrate how in Buckhead, developments don't meet the street, so to speak. However, I don't think that every building must meet the street. I think it adds to BH's character. It makes it unique in my opinion. In the most generic sense I would choice green space over curb appeal or having buildings come up to the sidewalk any day; just my opinion. On another note, can anyone tell me what view point this pic is from, is it the back or front??
Front...

Old Posted Aug 8, 2006, 4:19 PM

Here is some info I got from the Soverign website with some updated info:

ATLANTA – Regent Partners, LLC today announced that the 93 exclusive condominium residences crowning the 50 story mixed-use vertical high rise at 3344 Peachtree will be named Sovereign. The luxury residences begin on the building’s 28th story, and rise 635 feet above the Buckhead skyline to the 50th story. David Allman, Chairman, Regent Partners, LLC, said, “In choosing a name for these distinguished homes we sought a descriptor that embodies the building’s striking appearance, while suggesting a quality of life that until now has been unavailable in Atlanta – or for that matter the entire southeast.”

This was back in May^^^

The website also stated that the sales center will be open in September.

Here is the website, it has a few new features with some still to come:

http://www.sovereignbuckhead.com

Old Posted Aug 8, 2006, 4:27 PM
JoeCooper

Actually the building will be 48 floors and 660 feet. The highest condo/occupiable floor will be 635 feet up. It will be 660 feet to the top of the roof.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2006, 12:02 AM

Latest update taken 8-18-06:

Old Posted Aug 20, 2006, 4:20 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Where is this building in relation to Terminus 100? Is it just to the right of this photo?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 20, 2006, 4:55 AM

Terminus is down the street to the left a few blocks, due south i believe

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive