HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 11:56 PM

Urban Sprawl Doesnt Count As Pert Of A City

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypkatl View Post
Right, then lop 3 or 4 mil off DC then, goodbye Virginia & Maryland.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 1:17 AM

Quote:

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 1:25 AM

Quote:
not true. there are dozens of cities that with very large areas of sprawl within their limits. phoenix, houston, jacksonville, nashville, oklahoma city, san diego, dallas, austin, memphis and charlotte being just a few.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 1:38 AM
BANNED

The point was some of us feel Atlanta feels like a small town with big buildings, not a sprawl issue. Frankly, I prefer Atlanta to DC.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 2:12 AM
roma volo

seems to me the office building is only going to reach 440ft. (not that im picky). its sounds accurate when you compare the tower with 1010. im kind of glad it isn't going to be 500ft.+ though.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 2:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleystreetindustry View Post
seems to me the office building is only going to reach 440ft. (not that im picky). its sounds accurate when you compare the tower with 1010. im kind of glad it isn't going to be 500ft.+ though.
Where did you hear 440ft? I have a meeting at Selig Friday. I will see what info I can get.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 2:24 AM
roma volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_Phips View Post
Where did you hear 440ft? I have a meeting at Selig Friday. I will see what info I can get.
well i figured if you subtract the 47ft. of underground parking, you get 440ft. above ground, and to me it looks accurate on the renderings. but then again, im not too good at doing such.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 3:41 AM

Ummm...phoenix, houston, jacksonville, nashville, oklahoma city, san diego, dallas, austin, memphis and charlotte ...Are these real Cities...I think NOT...

Anyway - I think 12th & Midtown is a great addition to the skyline....They just need to move off of evertyhing beeing on Peachtree

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 3:45 AM

It is laughable when someone deigns himself the judge of what is or isn't a "real" city. Now that is hubris!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 3:54 AM

That would be fine to day if I hadnt lived and visted many many places around the world..but I havent been locked in Atlanta GA for my entire life like some people in this sucky ass town

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:05 AM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
That would be fine to day if I hadnt lived and visted many many places around the world..but I havent been locked in Atlanta GA for my entire life like some people in this sucky ass town
Oh come on now, get off your high horse and get over yourself. You've been to other places around the world? Wow - now that is a rarity! How wise you must be after all that traveling!

How about this: if you want to talk about buildings and building construction, continue posting here. Otherwise, you're wasting our time and, frankly, your own.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:08 AM

Quote:
delta lands in over 332 destinations in 57 countries across 5 continents....pick one.

Last edited by atl2phx; Nov 7, 2007 at 4:32 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:12 AM

jaypkatl... you're not the judge of "real" cities. Besides, if you think this is a "sucky ass town"....MOVE. You're free to move as you please! Move to New York...then you wont have to wait on Atlanta to grow up to be like another city... I'll buy your one-way ticket....

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Ummm...phoenix, houston, jacksonville, nashville, oklahoma city, san diego, dallas, austin, memphis and charlotte ...Are these real Cities...I think NOT...

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:44 AM

Quote:
wow, you have really low self esteem

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:50 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
So what is keeping you here now? If you're free to live and travel where you please, I don't quite understand why you're "locked in this sucky ass town"...

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 5:14 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
Atlanta is a monstrous city, covering more area than the DC metro. I think the problem in Atlanta feeling "small" is the lack of a cohesive city fabric, something which DC has. Atlanta is little clusters scattered hither and yon that are slowly growing together. If things go the way they are and have been, DC will be a small town to someone from Atlanta in 50 years.
"hither and yon" wow omg I haven't heard that in years. My Dad seems stuck on "over yonder" everything is over yonder. My Grand Mothers is "far thee well" as in that turkey has been cooked to a far thee well.

God bless my family but Nonnie can tell me stories of Thomaston, GA when the mode of transpertation was horse and buggy. She even has pictures of my Great Grandfather standing next to their first car a Model A Ford. I swear one day I will write a book of all the old sayings from the south. hehehe

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
delta lands in over 332 destinations in 57 countries across 5 continents....pick one.
I agree.

To quote the late, great Lewis Grizzard, who himself was quoting an old marketing slogan: "Delta is ready when you are!"

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post
"hither and yon" wow omg I haven't heard that in years.
Hither would be the cluster near the Cobb Web (285 & 75) or Spaghetti Western if you so incline... Yon would be the massing along the Perimeter or maybe Windward in Alpharetta... Lots of hithers and yons here.

As far as the old sayings, just put up a request on the bulletin board of nursing homes all over the south and ask for them, you'll get 2 or 3 books worth.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive