HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 10:43 PM

I would be ecstatic for an NBDL team, and know for a fact, my self, and upwards to 8-12 friends would be instant season ticket holders.

As for the AFL, I'd love it, but the Bombers are this city's one love, and any other football team at a professional level would likely just be boycotted. It'd be great to see though.

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 4:04 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post

As for the AFL, I'd love it, but the Bombers are this city's one love, and any other football team at a professional level would likely just be boycotted. It'd be great to see though.
I doubt that .... football fans need there fix during the spring months. I really don't see an AFL team being any threat to the Bombers. I have even heard that the Bombers were considering becoming involved in a possible ownership group of an arena team. The possibilities of utilizing potencial CFL players and the 3rd and 4th string QB in the spring league could pay dividends for the Bombers.

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 7:34 AM

I agree 110%. If the Bombers could let it be known to all in the capital region that a coming AFL2 team would be there farm team, there would be more interest in that team as it would be a team of future Blue Bombers, offering a sneak preview of what may come at the next level. Of course, the football dividends are huge as you have a more cohesive system for player development. I love it.

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 4:47 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
I wish Saskatoon could do something like that.

But can Saskatoon support minor pro leagues of any type? We have been burned so many times before that the people will probably be gun shy for a year or two. Can anyone who comes in, finance a team out of their own pockets until the people turn out?
Saskatoon Blades (that's the name right?)

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 8:41 PM

The Baldes are a WHL franchise, which is amateur CHL hockey.

The thread and topic at hand refers to minor-pro, which in most regards is a very different endeavour than amateur sport.

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 1:15 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
I agree 110%. If the Bombers could let it be known to all in the capital region that a coming AFL2 team would be there farm team, there would be more interest in that team as it would be a team of future Blue Bombers, offering a sneak preview of what may come at the next level. Of course, the football dividends are huge as you have a more cohesive system for player development. I love it.
Yeah thats what I thought .. and an AFL team doesn't require huge attenancet to finance. 5000 a game should do it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan