HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 10:00 PM

Wascana Lake - Boat Questions!

Anyone ever rent a pedal boat from the marina? Have any idea how much they cost and if they have two or four seaters? Do you know if they have canopies or a spot for a cooler? My friend and I were thinking about renting one for the day and getting a different view of the park. I wouldn't actually mind buying one. Anyone ever taken a pedal boat or a canoe up the creek? Is there anywhere you can't go (or wouldn't recommend going)? I think it would be neat to see the city, east to west, from the creek! They should do some sort of boat tours, starting as far east or west as possible and go in the other direction as far as possible...then back, of course! I think they'd be quite popular, actually.

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 11:02 PM

What you should do is go to Superstore or Walmart and buy a dingy (inflatable boat), you can get them as cheap as $10, and they are quick to set up as long as you have a pump.

Me and my friends boat on the lake all the time

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 11:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Anyone ever rent a pedal boat from the marina? Have any idea how much they cost and if they have two or four seaters? Do you know if they have canopies or a spot for a cooler? My friend and I were thinking about renting one for the day and getting a different view of the park. I wouldn't actually mind buying one. Anyone ever taken a pedal boat or a canoe up the creek? Is there anywhere you can't go (or wouldn't recommend going)? I think it would be neat to see the city, east to west, from the creek! They should do some sort of boat tours, starting as far east or west as possible and go in the other direction as far as possible...then back, of course! I think they'd be quite popular, actually.
The gf and I rent canoe's from the marina once in awhile and it really is something to behold. Its 10 buck for an hour and they provide an ice cold bottle of water and put the canoe in the lake for you. Its a really good service which I think we are going to partake again real soon. And of course I'll bring my new camera to post some pics.

Old Posted May 9, 2007, 11:53 PM

I rented one a few years ago (before the big dig) and it was awesome! I think $10/hour (like whomever it was said) for a pedal boat.

Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll have to go do that again this summer.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 12:23 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

How deep is Wascana anyways? If the boat tips is it an enjoyable swim?

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
How deep is Wascana anyways? If the boat tips is it an enjoyable swim?
5.5 metres (18ft) with a deeper section of 7.5 metres serving as a fish habitat.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan