HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

360 Condominiums in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Austin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 5:39 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
It sort of depresses me that this will be the tallest building in the city soon. It kinda makes me wish that Frost Bank was taller. That is a much more beautiful building to crown the skyline.
At the rate at which Austin is growing it won't be the tallest for long... Either way, any new tallest building is an accomplishment!

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 1:12 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
At the rate at which Austin is growing it won't be the tallest for long... Either way, any new tallest building is an accomplishment!
Yes that's true. I guess I've just never been a fan of Novare's towers. But Austin's bright future gives me hope.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 3:25 AM
Keep It Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
There are alot of projects in the pipeline, my hope is The Austonian gets built. It would surely be seen as a deserving tallest. I think Golden Boot posted that their sales office is having it's grand opening on Thursday. I for whatever reason would prefer the tallest to be an office building instead of residential, but it's really no big issue for me. Alot of people have stated they think The Frost Tower should have been taller and I agree. I will always think of it is a classic building and it won't lose it's legacy as a benchmark if iconic building to us here in Austin. But yes I do understand that 360 being the tallest isn't quite as honorable. I believe only the spire will make it the tallest, and it will definitely add to the skyline. But it will not take away from Frosty in my opinion.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 1:54 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
It sort of depresses me that this will be the tallest building in the city soon. It kinda makes me wish that Frost Bank was taller. That is a much more beautiful building to crown the skyline.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. First of all, 360 is several blocks west of the current core of high-rises that are within 2 blocks of Congress Avenue, including Frost. It might dominate the skyline from the west, but from most angles, it will be off to the 'side' a bit. Plus, the main roof is still shorter than the peak of the Frost crown. The spire of 360 will not have the same impact from a distance as Frost. I should say that I do like the design of 360. Yes it based on other Novare designs, but it will be a sleek tower.

As long as the condo/residential market does not tank, then you should see at least one of the proposed 700+ footers come to fruition. If I had a choice, it would be T-Stacy's project. I think it would have a more dramatic architectural impact overall, IMO. Interestingly enough, this building will be literally across the street from Frost, but it is set back enough from Congress so as not to completely overshadow the former. Time will tell!

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 2:44 AM
Keep It Weird

I took a shot of 360 and it looks like they continue to pile stuff on the North end of the building. Some kind of barriers surround what should be the terrace level. I should have gotten an earlier shot, this isn't clear enough to see whats happening on the South end. I'm not sure if the elevator core is up on the top level, but there is some large grey block in place. Tomorrow should be more revealing!

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 2:40 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayone View Post
I took a shot of 360 and it looks like they continue to pile stuff on the North end of the building. Some kind of barriers surround what should be the terrace level. I should have gotten an earlier shot, this isn't clear enough to see whats happening on the South end. I'm not sure if the elevator core is up on the top level, but there is some large grey block in place. Tomorrow should be more revealing!
I noticed something curious from yesterday as well. There appears to be a significant, triangular object at the edge of the 17th floor terrace. Any idea what this is?

Wide view... 18th floor underway... the object in question is at the right/north-end of building.

^^^
Also you will notice that glass is going in on the first 2-3 levels of residences

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 9:17 PM

It looks like some kind of wooden concrete forms stored vertically.
Glad to see they are moving on past the 17th floor after almost 2 weeks.

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

If my eyes are correct, that is all the shoring that is just leaning up against some bars for storage until they are needed. (shoring being the poles that hold up the forms for the concrete slabs for each floor)

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 5:11 PM
Austinite

Thanks for the explanations... that makes sense. As a matter of fact, looking at today's webcam image, the 'structure' is positioned differently.

On another note, ...The webcam is now panned out further, which encompasses the entire Intel/Courthouse site a block away. And on the edge of that site, I see sections of crane in transit behind large trucks. Looks like its destined for 360 (same blue color). We should see the crane rise within the next day or so.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 4:21 PM
Austinite

The crane was jacked up earlier this week to a height exceeding 350 feet. Once this process was completed, the construction continued fast and furious. 18th floor started and completed this week with early work on 19th:

From Webcam...
http://novare.oxblue.com/austin360/index.html

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 6:28 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

This is going to be a nice building for the city in any case but like others have said it wont hold its title for long. I actually favor the Austonian over T Stacy's tower. IMO I believe it is well on its way to start construction before T Stacy's. Its sales office is open they have a beautiful model of the building you can see from 6th street. They have billboard signs up on the site. I have not heard anything on the 5th at Congress project in awhile, and no true set timetable on when it will get built. Im optimistic that both will get built as Ive said in the past I never assume a project is dead unless it has been officially declared so. I just would like to hear more news about 5th at Congress soon.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 6:48 PM
JACKinBeantown

It's reached a plateau much like Trump Chicago, so now the floors will go up more quickly. It'll be fun to watch. This is really going to take Austin's skyline to the next level.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 10:39 PM

The crane at its present height can be seen from most of the upper deck on I 35, so this is going to be an impressive addition to Austin's skyline.

Old Posted May 16, 2007, 7:06 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Im optimistic that both will get built as Ive said in the past I never assume a project is dead unless it has been officially declared so. I just would like to hear more news about 5th at Congress soon.
Definitely agreed. Just look at the Four Seasons Residences. 7 years ago that thing was proposed, then cancelled because of the economy, now it's back and even bigger than before. Then you projects like the Intel Building. It just goes to show with those two examples that a building isn't really a done deal until it's completely finished.

Anyway, it's great to see 360 rising. I've spotted its crane now from South Austin from the William Cannon Bridge and Deaton Hill Street. It'll definitely stick up nicely there from 5 miles away.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
Austinite

Man construction has really picked up over the past two weeks. Another floor (19th) was added this week, with the 20th well underway. Here's this morning's webcam cap

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 1:28 PM
Austinite

Here's the progress 'meter', as of today

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 1:32 PM
The True Avatar

Nice updates. This tower is going to offer great views of the city.

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 6:54 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

It still goes to show that we got along way to go as to watch this tower go up. They are not even half way yet.

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
Meh

Yeah, they're really picking up the pace there. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 21, 2007, 1:08 PM
Austinite

Here's another round of shots taken over the weekend (5/20):

Windows going in...

360 and Monarch (beyond)

From across the river @ Town Lake Park

From South Austin (center)

From Zilker Park...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive