HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:18 AM

saying downtown died is stretching it. Its' getting old and tired and is due for a major facelift.

Remember the downtown still draws more people to it than any other reason in Manitoba.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:43 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
apart from the fact that they are ugly and fake, Polo Park is not suburban, it's very close to downtown and connected to it by the transcanada highway.
Additionally, it is not only a mall but a cluster of zillions of big boxes (like Kenaston and McGillivray area, which is really suburban though).

it is clear tha Winnipeg cannot sustain two main commercial areas, so downtown just died.
People didn't romanticize downtown and "density" when downtown shopping and "dense" living conditions were the only things they'd ever known. What they romanticized was the freedom of driving and open spaces. Now that we're living their dream, we want their nightmare back.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:59 AM
A long time gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
People didn't romanticize downtown and "density" when downtown shopping and "dense" living conditions were the only things they'd ever known. What they romanticized was the freedom of driving and open spaces. Now that we're living their dream, we want their nightmare back.
their dream was flawed and turned into a nightmare. Politicians should know the good from the evil at the social level, not the common people.

-------------
"The spider spins his web in the Palace of the Caesars,
An owl hoots in the towers of Afrasiyab."

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 12:03 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I took a couple of interior shots of 661 Main if anyone wants to host them. I haven't bothered with a flickr account or anything.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan