HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 8:41 PM

She sounds like she is a pleasure to work with.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 9:44 PM

DenverInfill was all over this but X Denver 3 has broken ground. I believe this is the tallest project to break ground since 2018.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
DenverInfill was all over this but X Denver 3 has broken ground. I believe this is the tallest project to break ground since 2018.
Thanks for the update. So tallest since 'Block 162'? That sounds about right.

These guys are Smooth Operators. They paid a high $ for the land that also needed demolition. But with previous experience with Denver planning they were comfortable moving much faster than the typical developer. Actually they seem to move faster in any case.

No parking
This is the type of project that can more easily justify not having any parking but this is easily the largest project of any note that will go this route. Good for them. This also explains why cost of land wasn't as critical.

Affordable
The X Social concept is designed for affordability including smaller units as well as renting by the bedroom not unlike a dorm concept.

DenverInfill has the latest and only real rendering. Be curious to see if there's an updated rendering when PMG makes a formal announcement - if they even bother doing so?

I see where they've used mezzanine financing for site and planning procurement purposes. These guys are experienced, creative and efficient operators.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 1:44 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
It has taken a lot of self control to not punch it and celebrate X3 but I'm glad it's finally going.

Now let's hope I'm not wrong about Kenect.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
It has taken a lot of self control to not punch it and celebrate X3 but I'm glad it's finally going.

Now let's hope I'm not wrong about Kenect.
This is great to hear! I love these projects in AS only because they will help stretch the skyline to the North a bit. Plus, AS is a neighborhood that badly needs TLC and these projects (along with the land barges completed last year will help spark the neighborhood a bit.

I am keeping an eye on 26th/Alcott for any activity there since I live a few blocks away. Still no movement.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:59 AM

I admit I was wrong. Candi appears to genuinely hate white people. Her performance on Twitter is a sight to behold.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 6:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
What could possibly go wrong?

A Black Swan event is by definition impossible to predict.

A Gray Swan can be unexpected like the coronavirus which can have more short term negative impacts of lesser consequence. Gray Swans aren't obvious until they happen but at some point the party tray will be taken away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushw00d View Post
Is this some sort of elaborate performance art?
Certainly many things are as much art as science. We've certainly entered into shades of gray.

When coronavirus took unexpected root in South Korea and then clusters popped up Italy and Iran then recalculations have to be made.

Even worse is simply the growing uncertainty; markets have a bigger distaste for the unknown than (known) bad news. It's what makes the DOW drop over a 1,000 points in a day and the 10-year T-bill dive below 1.4% after a steady decline recently.

For now, until a higher threshold of new pain, the markets are likely to stabilize and indeed futures are showing a bounce. Specific winners and losers can be sorted out (Clorox stock was up). With respect to Denver and construction at this point it's not an issue - other than for investors becoming nervous about increased potential risks.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldurhamer View Post
I admit I was wrong. Candi appears to genuinely hate white people. Her performance on Twitter is a sight to behold.
You must be Denver Dystopian. Lol

I mean she's not entirely wrong, but her race baiting doesn't win her any friends. In fact, she seems to be actively trying to be a one term council person. You know which white people she does like? Congress Park 1 percenters that are scared of brown and poor people. It's bizarre.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 4:50 PM
Never Dell

When stocks are shaky, one effect can be that investors put more money in real estate. It's a "safe haven" for institutional money. I mean those who expect a long drop.

If you don't expect a long drop, now's the time to buy stocks of course.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 6:19 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
...When coronavirus took unexpected root in South Korea and then clusters popped up Italy and Iran then recalculations have to be made...
It's a good thing we stopped importing chinese drywall about a decade ago because it was all shit (at least the smart ones stopped). Can you imagine coronavirus hitching a ride on all that apartment drywall, infecting America's center cities?! The virus could affect Denver development if it persists because coastal markets generally pay more for the same stuff and will have priority for the now limited goods over cheapo (in comparison) Denver. I joke, but a huge portion of the finishes in many developments do come from china - could be an issue if this persists another 3-6 months...which is why many companies are diversifying manufacturing out of china (not leaving china, just adding facilities elsewhere). If you want to consume (whatever products) someone will find a way to produce it somewhere....but momentary time periods can get excruciatingly difficult and/or tip off other events which have deep impacts.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
It's a good thing we stopped importing chinese drywall about a decade ago because it was all shit (at least the smart ones stopped). Can you imagine coronavirus hitching a ride on all that apartment drywall, infecting America's center cities?! The virus could affect Denver development if it persists because coastal markets generally pay more for the same stuff and will have priority for the now limited goods over cheapo (in comparison) Denver. I joke, but a huge portion of the finishes in many developments do come from china - could be an issue if this persists another 3-6 months...which is why many companies are diversifying manufacturing out of china (not leaving china, just adding facilities elsewhere). If you want to consume (whatever products) someone will find a way to produce it somewhere....but momentary time periods can get excruciatingly difficult and/or tip off other events which have deep impacts.
I think a signifcant global supply disruption is now unavoidable. This is a very rapidly developing situation. People in Wuhan have been locked in their homes for a month now. If a similar situation happens across China and around the world we are looking a very major disruption of the global economy.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:08 AM

everybody seems to be underestimating what is coming.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 12:37 PM

I saw T3 broke ground yesterday in RiNo. Another CLT office building and more density around 38th & Blake Station.

https://milehighcre.com/developers-r...gs-of-t3-rino/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:00 PM

Super exciting about T3! 2020 is starting off with a bang

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
I saw T3 broke ground yesterday in RiNo. Another CLT office building and more density around 38th & Blake Station.

https://milehighcre.com/developers-r...gs-of-t3-rino/
I think this is easily the best looking of all the Brighton Blvd. developments, really love the look.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
I think this is easily the best looking of all the Brighton Blvd. developments, really love the look.
This is on Blake.
Also worth noting, the hub2 is clad with a lovely dark brick with some old school Denver texture throughout. It’s a winner as well.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 6:59 PM

The HUB-II's brick work does look nice. Hopefully, McWhinney's apartment next door won't skimp on materials.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:06 PM

I have heard Novel RiNo at 40th & Walnut is still planning to break ground early this summer. It also looks like World Trade Center will start ramping up. Lots of activity on the horizon for this area.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
I have heard Novel RiNo at 40th & Walnut is still planning to break ground early this summer. It also looks like World Trade Center will start ramping up. Lots of activity on the horizon for this area.
i bet the crescent project next to the industry building will be happening soon enough too. they get stuff done and there's a poster here who seems connected and has more information about it than is public.

anybody have any idea about denver rock drill?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 8:19 PM

Did Crescent file a site development plan yet? I don't see anything in the system for that site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West