HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jun 28, 2011, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipulus View Post
I'd planned to intern with a future teacher actually. Do architects seriously get 28/h?
Excellent, stay on that and be persistent. You need that experience! It's getting really competitive with internships. I'm hearing some high school interns (junior level) are already getting into the office environment at places. So it's very competitive for positions with college students.

As for wages A licensed project architect working for a regular to large sized firm will make around that figure. Starting out you'll make less....around $45,000/year. I know plenty of people here in Chicago that made $46,000-$52,000 and only had a bachelors. I recall Arch I level architects receiving $40,000+ in compensation for small to mid-sized firms back when I was applying in Michigan. Though Jason is correct, you won't be making $60K out of school, the $30K range is too low. I can see that if you are starting out at some small boutique firm, but I can't see someone making salaries in the $30K range working at some firm that's been around for awhile and has a steady flow of projects.

But once you become licensed after a few years of graduating and start managing some projects, you'll definitely see your salary go up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture