HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 3:55 PM
RePpiN GR sTreeTz !

The program is rediculous, it forces you to install windows imaging and the .NET framework 2.0. Why on gods green earth would you need that framework to load some textures and models?

By the way, whats "live local" actually mean? Does it mean that the buildings and textures are all streaming live, or that the texture server is local in my city? No, it doesn't mean anything. Live local, great way to dissociate your company with what you actually make.

-FerrariEnzo is the coolest forumer ever.

[>>]-Grand Rapids Boom Rundown-[<<]

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 4:11 PM

well i hope you dont use firefox then cause it was voted the weakest protection from any browser...firefox is scrambling to rewrite a whole new program now cause theirs is unfixable.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 8:44 PM

Overall I still think Google Maps/Google Earth is better.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Holy sweet goddess of the sun those are fucking amazing. What is the website for those cabasse? I guess they are missing a few key buildings, but it is still mindblowing nonetheless!@!
it only runs in ie7, and like gr2ny said it requires one to install a bunch of bullshit... but once it's on, it's pretty damn sweet! once it's above a city, one can just click the 3d button and choose aerial mode. (in the drop down windowshade box, which i have hidden in my screencaps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
well i hope you dont use firefox then cause it was voted the weakest protection from any browser...firefox is scrambling to rewrite a whole new program now cause theirs is unfixable.
dude, ie7 blows. i can't believe how slow it runs! (on the aforementioned system) if you don't care for firefox, fine; opera still runs circles around ie.

Last edited by cabasse; Dec 15, 2006 at 1:52 AM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 1:48 PM

Wow, this is amazing! I'm curious what will be Google's response to this!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 3:34 PM

Flight simulator still has the best 3d renderings though! lol

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
Closed account

The 3D mapping is certainly intriguing, but it's beginning to turn into a race producing results with limited utility. If you consider for a moment that most people use mapping software to get directions, Google Maps and Google Earth are far behind in this front. I wouldn't know about Live Local because their cross platform support is non-existant. MapQuest is currently testing a beta system that allows multiple waypoints to be added to your trip, and Yahoo! Maps already has this implemented with their new system. Yahoo! Maps is also competes well with Google as it includes the same hybrid and satellite photos as Google (though I think they might not be as up to date), but offers more utility to the user. Their interface is also at least as good as Google's is. That said, I still use Google Maps more often, probably out of habit as much as anything. They don't really seem to whole an advantage over bandwidth which is a major concern from this computer.

The problem I have with Microsoft is that they can't seem to work within set boundaries. It says a lot that Microsoft needs to install a whole host of software to get their web applications to work, while Google and Yahoo! and MapQuest use existant standards or commonly available software like Flash to implement their solutions. That said, the direction of Microsoft's new interfaces seem to be a huge improvement over the stuff they produced in the past.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 4:12 PM
Honored Member

I am sorry but I both dislike them, very amateuristic.
They are trying to be interesting but details are not visible, there is nothing better than a good old fashion 3D map

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 6:42 PM

Local Live or whatever does not work on my computer and it's the biggest POS ever. I am running firefox on a mac but I've also tried Safari and IE and Opera and Camino. When I go to the website I just want to see a MAP--is that so hard, just the MAP--but instead I get this stupid box asking me "What" and "Where." When I type something in, it brings up a list of search results and a tiny .gif map. Not to mention, sometimes I don't WANT a "What", I just want to look at a "Where." Am I crazy?

By the way, I used to be able to look at maps, aerial images and birds-eye view much like above on my mac. One day they just disappeared for me. What's going on?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 9:33 PM
Closed account

I agree - I downloaded the software it told me to, and it F'd up my computer!
PLUS you can only view American cities - what about Canada?

Sorry, but Microsoft 3D sucks!!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 2:17 AM
Registered User eh!

IE 7 screwed up my computer also.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 10:23 PM
Baryonic Lord

Why did you black out the links in your browser?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos