HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 4:57 PM
takes too many pics

Hamilton, Bermuda (Clickable Thumbnails)

Hamilton is a small cosmopolitan city and the capiol of the island country of Bermuda, in the middle of the Atlantic. It has a population of about 1,800 but it is only about 185 acres in area. Hamilton is the principle port for the island as well as the principle city. Although it is Bermuda's only incorporated city, it is smaller than the Town of St. George on the eastern end of the island. 90% of all employers on the island are located in the city and about 40% of the island's working population work in the city. Hamilton is also the hub of Bermuda's public transport system with most bus routes traveling through or radiating out of the central bus terminal. Most SeaExpress Ferrys also go to or from Hamilton.

Sorry for the clickable thumbnails, I'm still working out how to get the pictures the right size to post. Just click the thumbnail and the picture will open up, full size, in its own window.

Hope you enjoyed them,

-Sam

Old Posted Apr 7, 2008, 2:46 AM
Reach for the Clouds

Very nice indeed!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2008, 4:12 AM

I think it's interesting that there are distinct cities/municipalities on Bermuda?

from google earth with a few exceptions it seems Bermuda is solidly covered in those big houses. And the island is barely larger than a small town in land area as it is.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2008, 11:10 PM
takes too many pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
I think it's interesting that there are distinct cities/municipalities on Bermuda?

from google earth with a few exceptions it seems Bermuda is solidly covered in those big houses. And the island is barely larger than a small town in land area as it is.
I took the public bus (which I highly recommend) from Kings Wharf, on the extreme tip of the western end of the island, all the way to Hamilton, which is right about near the north-central part of the island, and the area in between was surprisingly dense-looking. It looked very similar to many suburbs (if the suburb had island architecture). There are many areas of little population, however, between Hamilton and St. George.
Generally the larger (and richer) towns are located along the coast and generally centered around a large resort. There are also many poor areas along the way too, but poor in Bermuda is just about middle class on any other small island country.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos