HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 8:24 PM

Beyond Boomer

Courtesy Kris Oppermann Stern/CREJ

Milender White breaks ground on Denver Metro Village senior housing project
November 25, 2019 By Kris Oppermann Stern - CREJ
Quote:
Denver Metro Village, MGL Partners and Milender White began construction on the renovation and expansion project for DMV in Denver. Located on West Colfax Avenue off Quitman and Raleigh streets, DMV has been providing affordable housing for seniors for more than 50 years.

...the project includes the construction of a new four-story, at-grade structure that will include covered parking for 180 vehicles, 8,123 square feet of commercial space and 19 new multifamily units. The project also includes renovation of the 191 units in DMV’s existing 18-story tower that was built in 1971.
How your parents ever tolerated some of you I'll never understand but take good care of them while they're still around.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2019, 9:29 PM

why?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
why?
Karma!

Especially you; my understanding is you can hardly afford any more Bad Karma.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 3:33 PM

I feel like there's a lot of misinformation in this article from Denverite regarding ongoing and proposed developments in the city:

https://denverite.com/2019/12/02/gaz...nt-renderings/

Pretty sure Love this City is dead..... along with Giambrocco.

But, it looks like there are a few new renderings I haven't seen before for the NWC project along with the RiNo Promenade project.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I feel like there's a lot of misinformation in this article from Denverite regarding ongoing and proposed developments in the city:

https://denverite.com/2019/12/02/gaz...nt-renderings/

Pretty sure Love this City is dead..... along with Giambrocco.

But, it looks like there are a few new renderings I haven't seen before for the NWC project along with the RiNo Promenade project.
I saw that too. Too bad they didn't focus on Santa Fe Yards, Gates District (they used outdated renderings for the Broadway Station), or anything in GT or Arapahoe Square. Until Block 176 breaks ground, some of the more significant new projects in Denver that are imminent will be in GT and Arapahoe Square.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post

Pretty sure Love this City is dead....
Love This City tower developer no longer under contract to buy downtown site

Quote:
Last week, Eisenstein said he failed to move forward on the sale because Geller wanted more for the site, in excess of $30 million.

Reached by a reporter, Geller denied the claim, saying the $27.5 million figure was specified in the contract. He said the deal fell apart months ago when Eisenstein failed to make his second installment of payments outlined in the contract.

“He couldn’t come up with the money,” Geller said.

He said he had another interested party waiting in the wings, and the property has been under contract for months to another group.

“We’re very optimistic about these guys,” he said.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Karma!

Especially you; my understanding is you can hardly afford any more Bad Karma.
yeah, If I get any more bad karma and I might feel the need to start randomly insulting whole groups of people online. But I haven't gotten there yet

Back on track... does anyone know how many groundbreakings have happened this year? I feel like it's a lot less than what all the proposals make it feel like.

Last edited by DenvertoLA; Dec 2, 2019 at 8:19 PM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 6:33 PM

Quote:
yeah, If I get any more bad karma and I might feel the need to start randomly insulting whole groups of people online. But I haven't gotten there yet

Back on track... does anyone know how many groundbreakings have happened this year? I feel like it's a lot less than what all the proposal make it feel like.
Not many groundbreakings. 18th and Market, Thompson Hotel, and Walnut Street Lofts are the most notable ones that come to mind. I think 10th and Acoma officially broke ground. It looked like there was a bunch of broken debris when I drove by but everything was covered in snow.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 6:59 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Not many groundbreakings. 18th and Market, Thompson Hotel, and Walnut Street Lofts are the most notable ones that come to mind. I think 10th and Acoma officially broke ground. It looked like there was a bunch of broken debris when I drove by but everything was covered in snow.
Still a lot going on. Here's more off the top of my head:

-PDG Design in Baker
-AMLI RiNo
-Denargo Phase 3
-Hyatt Centric
-3463 Walnut (13-story in RiNo)
-Broadstone Uptown East and West
-HUB 2
-Atlantis Apartments
-St Joesph Expansion
-Wherever that Santa Fe Luffer is
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Tell me you didn't laugh at that?

That was an easy come-back regardless of who asked the question. Don't take yourself (or me) too seriously or you'll miss the roses and humor of life.

But since you're enamored by Senior Housing...

Rendering courtesy Focus Property Group

https://seniorhousingnews.com/2019/1...e-communities/
Quote:
A senior living development underway in Denver holds the potential to become a niche community for Jewish older adults.

The 205-unit, $97 million project is dubbed Hilltop Reserve because it is located in the Hilltop neighborhood. This area is “the center of Denver’s Jewish community,” Josh Fine, president of developer Focus Property Group, told Senior Housing News.
No, you don't have to be Jewish to live there but the article does explain the significance of the site and the hope for the project. Focus hopes to finish Hilltop Reserve sometime next year.

And if it's not Senior Housing then it's affordable housing that is also so very important.

Aerial photo via CREJ

https://crej.com/news/lakewood-proje...hted-property/
Quote:
“I am not sure there is any greater impact on a community and on personal lives than taking a blighted, contaminated, vacant, unattractive building and turning it into a vibrant, beautiful space that meets one of the greatest challenges our community, our state, is facing – affordable housing,” Tami Fischer, executive director of Metro West Housing Solutions, proudly declared when asked about the community impact of this affordable housing development. “We took the ‘ugliest building’ in Lakewood and turned it into safe, classy and permanently affordable housing community!”
Where's this at?
Quote:
Fifty Eight Hundred, located logically enough at 5800 W. Alameda Ave. in Lakewood, is the end product of the transformation of a vacant, blighted office tower and former retail strip mall into 152 affordable housing family unit

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post

-PDG Design in Baker
-AMLI RiNo
-Denargo Phase 3
-Hyatt Centric
-HUB 2
-Atlantis Apartments
-St Joesph Expansion
Right in downtown, there is 3 Really Big projects, a couple of apartment barges, and at least one hotel with another one that was recently finished and opened. Right in downtown there's a few Really Big proposals and a number of nice ones too. A few are still banging on the front door to the Pipe Line while others are weaving their way through.

Don't forget the dandies along Speer Blvd but yeah, around the periphery there's actually quite a bit of construction of various types.

While 2019 may have seen fewer starts the pipeline appears to be bloated. That thing may need some Pepto-Bismol.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post

-PDG Design in Baker
-AMLI RiNo
-Denargo Phase 3
-Hyatt Centric
-HUB 2
-Atlantis Apartments
-St Joesph Expansion
I know AMLI has a large apartment project planned for Broadway Park as well at Alameda & Bannock (just east of the PDG project). Scheduled to break ground in summer 2020. This is the block within the D4 redevelopment that will have a Mercado Plaza at Dakota & Bannock.

And the Belleview Station has some nice proposals planned to start next year, and will likely be the tallest and densest TOD outside downtown/RiNo. Trammell Crow Residential has a 17 story apartment tower planned along with the 20 story Kimpton Hotel and another hotel by Stonebridge. I bet this area sees some high rise condo activity too.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
And the Belleview Station has some nice proposals planned to start next year, and will likely be the tallest and densest TOD outside downtown/RiNo. Trammell Crow Residential has a 17 story apartment tower planned along with the 20 story Kimpton Hotel and another hotel by Stonebridge. I bet this area sees some high rise condo activity too.
I would love it they'd start redeveloping the area south of Belleview but I suspect Greenwood Village would resist the density.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 5:57 AM

Onward and upward

Rendering courtesy Kentro Group via Denverite

https://denverite.com/2019/12/02/den...lage-district/
Quote:
Virginia Village is destined for a new neighborhood district with 840 homes, various businesses, a hotel, and a park. The 13-acre swathe of land... once housed the Colorado Department of Transportation.

Under the agreement, Kentro will restore the street grid by reconnecting Bellaire and Ash streets to Louisiana. They currently dead-end at Arkansas. And they’ll add a “cop shop” — a satellite office for local police officers.
What about all that NIMBY resistance?
Quote:
“This has been a real wrestling match for a couple of years,” said City Councilman Paul Kashmann, who ushered the plan through a thorny process that included the implosion of a local neighborhood group.

Of the 13 people who spoke at a public hearing Monday night, no one adamantly opposed the project.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 6:39 AM

Quote:
I would love it they'd start redeveloping the area south of Belleview but I suspect Greenwood Village would resist the density.
You’re probably right, which is why the Denver portion of the DTC (north of Belleview) will continue to add high density projects. I bet the Union Ave corridor will look a lot different in 10 years since that is the primary connection to the LRT station across I-25.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 2:35 PM

Speaking of transit oriented developments, the Denver City Council approved the rezoning at Colorado and Evans from 5 stories to twelve stories. A developer wants to a build a couple of towers on the southeast corner of Colorado and Evans.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/12/...-hills-zoning/

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 3:48 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
That's some high quality comedy right there! GV---hahahaha

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
You’re probably right, which is why the Denver portion of the DTC (north of Belleview) will continue to add high density projects. I bet the Union Ave corridor will look a lot different in 10 years since that is the primary connection to the LRT station across I-25.
They are delusional down here. I remember the campaign against the development south of Landmark and next to the Orchard station. I don't remember the actual tagline, but it was something about remaining a "village", because this part of the village would get too urbanized. Never mind that it's offices and parking lots now, the density would make GV not be a village anymore.

As someone who grew up in an actual Eastern European village, I just laughed at that whole campaign. It's a suburb that could have gotten a little but of nice, walkable density around a transit hub. What's more "small town Europe" than that?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 5:19 PM
Robotic Construction

Only 1 out of every 10,000 people are actually "intelligent." There is no point in trying to rationalize with them. Their decision was already made in response to an emotional impulse they had, without taking any time to think logically about it. Their minds are made up and their position is set in stone, regardless of any new relevant information which may be presented to them.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 7:59 PM

CNBC: The 10 most livable (and affordable) mid-sized cities of 2019

Interesting top 10 of livable, affordable mid-sized cities:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/12/most-livable-and-affordable-mid-sized-cities-of-2019.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West