HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
There appears to be a good size of fencing up in the Cornerstone shops next to Canes. I know a few pages back or so there was talk about a Trader Joes coming to the plaza. Was this confirmed? Or does anyone have any insight?
Trader's Joe's will be taking over the Fast Mesa urgent care spot. I believe they recently applied for a liquor license so they will sell their hard drive liquor their.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 11:28 PM

Noticed today that the building on the SE corner of Forest and 7th St has been demoed: 705 S Forest Ave. Isn’t there a tower planned for this location?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Noticed today that the building on the SE corner of Forest and 7th St has been demoed: 705 S Forest Ave. Isn’t there a tower planned for this location?
Correct....and I noticed Hilo filed for their permit...so hopefully more cranes!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Correct....and I noticed Hilo filed for their permit...so hopefully more cranes!
Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed that they had a fence up! I'm out of Tempe for one week and the projects keep moving!

Phxguy here is the rendering:

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 9:09 PM

Does anyone know what’s being built on the south east corner of priest and rio salado? Looks like the land is being developed.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:01 PM

I was going to ask the same thing! I don't know what was approved for that corner and I don't see any active listings in CoStar.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 3:46 PM

Columns are being poured at the ISTB-7 site. This will shoot up fast.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Columns are being poured at the ISTB-7 site. This will shoot up fast.

Those columns went up in a blink of an eye!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Those columns went up in a blink of an eye!
I think I see a base for the crane in the webcam view. Kind of left of center:

http://webcampub.multivista.com/inde...94487673&HLS=1

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 11:22 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
I think I see a base for the crane in the webcam view. Kind of left of center:

http://webcampub.multivista.com/inde...94487673&HLS=1
Looks like it. Good eye!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 5:42 PM

https://app.oxblue.com/open/lpc/grandatpapago

Cool view looking south from the Grand Tempe. Can see the high-rises going up in the background

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
https://app.oxblue.com/open/lpc/grandatpapago

Cool view looking south from the Grand Tempe. Can see the high-rises going up in the background
The time-lapse is pretty fun to watch! Tempe's skyline rise from nearly nothing...

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:45 PM

Centerpoint Sold

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/..._news_headline

Anyone have access to read? Sounds exciting!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/..._news_headline

Anyone have access to read? Sounds exciting!
Two real estate development companies have partnered to buy a major Tempe mixed-use project for $60 million.

Wexford Developments and Argosy Real Estate Partners bought Centerpoint on Mill near the northwest corner of Mill Avenue and University Drive from GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons-owned YAM Properties, according to real estate database Vizzda.

The five-building complex has 126,000 square feet total, with 37,000 square feet dedicated to an AMC movie theater, 68,000 square feet for retail and restaurants, and 21,000 square feet for office space,said Sam Gordon, principal of New York City-based Wexford Developments.

Gordon told the Business Journal that Wexford has no immediate plans for any major changes to the site, aside from improving the physical appearance of the center for now.

“It’s important we evolve the center both with tenant mix and physical appearance,” Gordon said.

The complex is fully leased, but as some leases expire and tenants choose to move elsewhere, the company will work to create a diverse tenant mix that appeals to the growing diversity of Mill Avenue, which has become popular for young professionals and will be home to senior citizens when ASU’s Mirabella housing project opens.

“We believe that CenterPoint's prime location in the heart of downtown Tempe will benefit not only from the expansion of Arizona State University, but also from the growth of the Phoenix metro area in general due to its favorable business environment," said Rick Frimine, principal at Argosy Real Estate Partners, in a statement.

Wexford Developments has been active in the downtown Tempe market, which Gordon said has been the perfect place to align with the company’s values.

“Tempe used to be known as the place where ASU is,” Gordon said. “To watch the city grow to where major companies want to bring their offices and where senior citizens want to live is exciting. Tempe will continue to evolve into something special.”

Wexford plans to break ground early next year on its sustainability-focused office building called First and Farmer, a project that will include 120,000 square feet of office space with some ground-floor retail in a four-story building east of Mill on Farmer Avenue.

The company also is a co-developer of the Westin by Marriott in Tempe, which is under construction and expected to open in second-quarter 2021.

“Our commitment is not just a financial and real estate one,” Gordon said. “We want to own and we want to build assets that, of course work for ourselves, but also benefit and are appropriate for the ever-changing Tempe community.”

What's more, Gordon said Wexford plans to open a Tempe office soon. The company has offices in New York City, Florida and Calgary,

They are just purchasing it, its a well functioning property so no reason to tear it up, Im sure the interiors need some updating especially the office portion.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
They are just purchasing it, its a well functioning property so no reason to tear it up, Im sure the interiors need some updating especially the office portion.
Thanks! That's too bad. The developer has big plans for Tempe, but not for the site. Got me a little too excited there.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
The time-lapse is pretty fun to watch! Tempe's skyline rise from nearly nothing...
It's like the 2002 film, Time Machine, as Guy Pearce moves into the future and the city rises around him. Neat view!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Wexford is turning into the True North of Tempe--they now own Centerpoint, a few of the historic retail buildings on Mill, Westin, First + Farmer, Tempe Town Center, and the old Congregationalist Church. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 9:37 PM

Progress being made on the Aspen Heights site:

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
The purchase did not include the JPMorgan Chase office buildings & 2 attached parking garages. It included the 5 buildings housing: 1) the AMC theater 2) PF Chang's & Mellow Mushroom 3) Zipps 4) Handlebar & other restaurants 5) El Hefe. Total Acreage = 4.02 Acres or ~ $15m/acre. These buildings will be knocked down once they push through their backlog of open development sites.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2019, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Looks like it. Good eye!
Crane is going up today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest