HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 12:36 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Can you copy/paste this article? its for subscribers only.
It's a bunch of photos of projects that I'm not going to rehost.

For nearly any news page that doesn't require a login to view articles like PBJ, open the link in an incognito window AKA private browsing.

If it detects that you're incognito, generate some cookies and stuff by going to google, search for the news site, click on it, then go to the article through the main site. Might have to use the site search to find the article.

You can also delete cookies from the website to reset your read article count but that's harder to do these days.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 12:57 AM

Wow, I had no idea that IDEA (no pun intended) was now adding a hotel to the restaurant building at the entrance of the parking garage. I love the wavy curved glass. I wonder if they solidified an operator? That building was suppose to be Phase 1B, I wonder when they will break ground?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Wow, I had no idea that IDEA (no pun intended) was now adding a hotel to the restaurant building at the entrance of the parking garage. I love the wavy curved glass. I wonder if they solidified an operator? That building was suppose to be Phase 1B, I wonder when they will break ground?
I was very surprised to see the design change as well. Much fancier.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 7:43 AM

Here is the building azsunsurfer is referring too.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 4:23 PM

Did I count right? 15 stories?? That’s impressive in that location!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 3:56 PM

Article on IDEA Tempe and other current & future town lake developments.

https://www.orionprop.com/topfive/3-...ght-come-next/

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 2:11 PM

I am torn on the new Eastline Village, too bad the heights were reduced but I do appreciate the fact they are trying to make it feel like a "village." Too few renderings in the package but it seems like they will use various types of architecture with retail facing Apache in taller buildings.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
I am torn on the new Eastline Village, too bad the heights were reduced but I do appreciate the fact they are trying to make it feel like a "village." Too few renderings in the package but it seems like they will use various types of architecture with retail facing Apache in taller buildings.
Same. I really liked the earlier concept of a couple big buildings with a central courtyard of retail. But I can also appreciate something different than the 4-5 story superblock complexes that have mostly been built along Apache. At this point I am mostly in favor of whatever can be built, as long as it's reasonably dense multifamily and is urban-ish in the way it addresses the sidewalk. Eastline Village folks own so much Apache frontage there that is so ugly, they need to get something built.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 6:42 PM

It's almost disney-esque, I also appreciate the layout is not linear. I assume they did this to a) reduce construction costs (no underground parking) and b) allow for greater phasing (I think there are 5 phases)- the original project was in 2/3 phases including the hotel so again this must have been done to keep costs down and to adapt to changes in the market which is harder to do with super blocks.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 11:33 PM

Not a lot new in the Tempe construction report for October 2019, but I did see that Trader Joe's is in review for a building permit for TIs at Cornerstone, the NEC of University/Rural, right by the Tempe Improv, Raising Cane's, etc.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=78097

Haven't seen this announced anywhere. If it is a Trader Joe's there, it's interesting that they're coming into downtown or at least downtown-adjacent shortly after Whole Foods.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Not a lot new in the Tempe construction report for October 2019, but I did see that Trader Joe's is in review for a building permit for TIs at Cornerstone, the NEC of University/Rural, right by the Tempe Improv, Raising Cane's, etc.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=78097

Haven't seen this announced anywhere. If it is a Trader Joe's there, it's interesting that they're coming into downtown or at least downtown-adjacent shortly after Whole Foods.
It would be an interesting dynamic for that area. We already see a Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods in proximity to each other in the Biltmore but the demographics easily sustain both. Would rather see a Trader Joe’s (or Sprouts) in the recently vacated Whole Food’s location at Baseline and Rural.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 2:12 PM

I would have expected Trader Joe's to commit to space at Novus but maybe they didn't want to wait? I could easily see a Trader Joe's on the ground floor of Apollo/ Alor (whatever it's called now), the density on that side of Apache is really picking up.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 2:13 PM

I also noticed that First Solar looks like they have some TI work going on on one of their floors....I remembered that they gave up space a while back so I am wondering who they got to backfill one of their floors if it's not them?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
It would be an interesting dynamic for that area. We already see a Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods in proximity to each other in the Biltmore but the demographics easily sustain both. Would rather see a Trader Joe’s (or Sprouts) in the recently vacated Whole Food’s location at Baseline and Rural.
Trader Joe's and Sprouts already have stores in close proximity to the old wholefoods. Aldi is going to move into that spot.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 4:29 PM

FYI on Trader Joe's

FYI sports fans, for whatever reason, Trader Joe's seems to make it standard procedure to be in proximity of a Whole Foods location. True in Seattle, San Diego, Phoenix among others.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 8:08 PM

Crane going up at Farmer and University today.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
Crane going up at Farmer and University today.
How tall is this crane going to be?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
How tall is this crane going to be?
I live right underneath it (puts your safety into perspective when you look up at a crane every morning and think about that one Dallas crane that collapsed in a storm that killed folks in their adjacent apartment building) but it's about under the Local's height...although the building will be a few floors shorter than the local (6 stories I believe overall).

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:28 PM

New renderings for the 6th & College hotel. Looks awesome! Approved at City Council. Anticipated ground breaking mid next year.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:30 PM

ISTB-7 Live Webcam

Found this webcam on ASU website. You can see almost all of Novus in one frame. Pretty sweet view.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/inde...94487673&HLS=1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest