HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 12:40 AM

215 W Lake - Demo

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:05 AM

Thanks for the great renderings, BVic.

Any news on timing for these? Chicago Architecture had the following, which makes me concerned I won't be alive to see the full thing come to fruition (which may be spoiled of me):

Quote:
Phase one completion is expected between 2023 and 2025.

There is no start date yet for phase two of the project, which is the area north of Roosevelt Road with an addition three residential towers.
Also, I thought the area south of River City was Phase 1?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:11 AM

First-time long-time on the forums everyone. Anybody got any idea whats going up just east of Grand and St. Clair (southeast corner) between Ronald McDonald House and Whole Foods?

Kind thanks in advance.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:26 AM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK_WAFFLE View Post
First-time long-time on the forums everyone. Anybody got any idea whats going up just east of Grand and St. Clair (southeast corner) between Ronald McDonald House and Whole Foods?

Kind thanks in advance.
Optima 2

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:50 AM
THAT Guy

Riverline/River South looks sweet - if the design doesn't get watered down over the years given that this will be built in phases.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchymunch View Post
Optima 2

EUGGGHHHH

beggars can't be choosey I guess

thanks for the information

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:05 AM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
The preview sales program for the first phase offering is scheduled to launch in early 2016, with construction anticipated to begin in the first quarter of 2016. Phase 1 is planned to include a 19‐story 278‐unit condominium building and 62 fee‐simple townhomes south of Taylor Street, a 29‐story 452‐unit multi‐ family building north of Polk Street, 31⁄2 acres of open space south of Harrison Street and the entire River Walk from Harrison Street to Roosevelt Road.
lend lease press release

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:50 AM

Various

Wolf Point will make a nice transition in the skyline toward the Hancock from this angle.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:55 AM

Am I the only one a bit worried that not a single one of those renders shows what RiverLine will look like from the Wells Street side, and the administration people are praising the developers for orienting the development towards the river?

I hope the Wells side is as well designed as the River side...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
Thanks for the great renderings, BVic.

Any news on timing for these? Chicago Architecture had the following, which makes me concerned I won't be alive to see the full thing come to fruition (which may be spoiled of me):

Also, I thought the area south of River City was Phase 1?
This may help...

Quote:
Press Release
CMK and Lendlease unveil Riverline; a new riverfront residential experience in Chicago

November 19, 2015 For Immediate Release
(Chicago, IL) — A joint venture of Lendlease, one of the world’s largest international property and infrastructure companies, and CMK Companies, Ltd., a leading Chicago‐based residential developer, today announced details of its plan to bring over 3,600 residences to downtown Chicago under a thoughtfully‐ crafted master plan celebrating natural open space amenities and a unique 13‐acre riverfront location. Ideally located in downtown Chicago on the banks of the Chicago River and in the heart of the River South neighborhood, Riverline will feature a spectacular river walk, retail plaza, park, children’s playground, river taxi access, kayak launch and riverfront amphitheater.
The master plan includes eight new buildings designed by Ralph Johnson of Perkins+Will, and will consist of a mix of condominium, townhome and rental residences. With over 31⁄2 acres of open space, including a half mile of continuous river walk and a park, all with access from the surrounding community, Riverline will provide a tranquil and inviting natural experience just steps from the central business district. Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects designed an ecologically‐ sustainable environment that incorporates a natural habitat with a multi‐use path system and public access points to seamlessly bridge the urban landscape with the vibrant restored natural ecosystem of the Chicago River.
Colin Kihnke, President of CMK Companies Ltd. said “We are excited by today’s approval of the Riverline project by the City of Chicago Plan Commission and look forward to carrying out the realization of this unique master plan. We are confident that the input we received from Alderman Solis and many members of the neighborhood through numerous community meetings has served to greatly improve our plan.”

“The synergies of our partnership with CMK allow for perfect alignment with Lendlease’s mission to create the best places,” said Tom Weeks, General Manager of Development for Lendlease in Chicago. “We have the team in place and the joint commitment to make sure Riverline succeeds in that mission and brings lasting social and economic benefits to the City of Chicago.”
The river walk is a defining feature of Riverline and will offer continuous north‐south access along the river from Harrison Street to Roosevelt Road. Walkways from the north and east will interact with the river walk, offering multiple access points that facilitate engagement with the river.
The preview sales program for the first phase offering is scheduled to launch in early 2016, with construction anticipated to begin in the first quarter of 2016. Phase 1 is planned to include a 19‐story 278‐unit condominium building and 62 fee‐simple townhomes south of Taylor Street, a 29‐story 452‐unit multi‐ family building north of Polk Street, 31⁄2 acres of open space south of Harrison Street and the entire River Walk from Harrison Street to Roosevelt Road.

www.riverlinechicago.com
For additional information, contact:
Scott Hoskins, President & Managing Broker CMK Realty Corporation
shoskins@cmkrealty.com
John DeLibero, Director of Public Relations Lendlease
212.592.6895 john.delibero@lendlease.com

I was also told that construction for the southern portion of the southern parcel could begin about 6-8 weeks after Phase 1 of the northern section.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:57 AM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetline View Post
Am I the only one a bit worried that not a single one of those renders shows what RiverLine will look like from the Wells Street side, and the administration people are praising the developers for orienting the development towards the river?

I hope the Wells side is as well designed as the River side...
I doubt it will be that bad, I'm wondering about all the dead space on the north side of the development. Not even a sidewalk?!?!

Regarding a new thread I'm not sure how it should be formatted, because this is a lot like LSE and that doesn't even have its own thread.

edit: I think there might be a sidewalk... unsure, Still the building is a blank wall facing the street.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 5:39 AM

9 W Walton

Sept 15
These will be used in making the guide form for the secant wall.

Nov 16
Guide completed and used -

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 8:01 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchymunch View Post
I doubt it will be that bad, I'm wondering about all the dead space on the north side of the development. Not even a sidewalk?!?!

Regarding a new thread I'm not sure how it should be formatted, because this is a lot like LSE and that doesn't even have its own thread.

edit: I think there might be a sidewalk... unsure, Still the building is a blank wall facing the street.
What blank wall are you talking about? Looks like there is a grassy setback on the north side of the tower, so that the entrance to the riverwalk isn't hidden between the tower and bridge abutment. You can't really see the wall itself, at least not enough to tell whether it will be blank or not...

The sidewalk along Harrison isn't going anywhere. Also, remember that CMK doesn't actually own the parcel at the corner of Harrison and Wells, but they own all the land around it.

http://ricklevin.com/Libraries/Harri..._Map.sflb.ashx

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 9:03 AM

Riverline looks great. Good density with all of the green space shifted to the riverfront, which itself is activated quite nicely.

I got into this stuff to be able to find out when all of the vacant land around me was going to get developed. Now it's all taking off. There are no more questions left. I have achieved zen and can pass from this plane of existence into the next.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 9:08 AM

Riverline is handsome and all, but part of me wishes that Goldberg's plans for the site could have been realized in some form...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 12:23 PM

I doubt there's any plan or funding for it, but is the Polk St right of way being maintained to allow a pedestrian bridge?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 12:34 PM

this is sorta weird to me though, the phase 1 buildings seem to start at the furthest away from the loop, I would of imagined the first building to be the closes to the loop although I know that its also the tallest and prob most expensive, but would be weird to live in a building simply surrounded by construction sites and grass

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:41 PM

FYI: there are cassion rigs on the California Twin Tower site in Logan Square. They were working well past sundown last night with huge area lights illuminating the site. Almost a shocking sight that far north.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 1:57 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
River South

This is it. This is everything.

The architecture looks outstanding.

Bummed I couldn't make it to the Commission meeting yesterday as Ralph was there......

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 2:37 PM

I like the RiverLine project. It looks great and I think that one of my favorite aspects is that the waters edge is a natural bank rather than a vertical wall.

Quote:
the entire River Walk from Harrison Street to Roosevelt Road
Any ideas on how this works with the existing River City and its "curb cut" for the marina?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations