HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:38 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Apparently Pittsburgh had a significant offer on the table up to the last minute, but for some reason Chevy bowed to Trouba's whining and sent him to NYR. I don't really understand this.

Sure Trouba is an RFA with one year left. But he has zero say in where he's being traded. The only say he has is if he will or won't negotiate with his new team. Maybe this is where his agent put his foot down and Pittsburgh backed out.

What a crock of shit.
Exactly the leverage Trouba has. Trade me, but let it be known I will only sign long term with the NYR. So go ahead and see what deals you can make with any other teams.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:46 PM

Which is why he should've been traded 2 or 3 years ago.. All the Jets got was a draft pick and bottom end guy. Hopefully peeshnok develops into something more.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:54 PM
the first stamp is free

^ well they still got 2 or 3 years of Trouba. That's not worthless, and mostly defensible considering the team was/is in a "win-now" situation.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 7:26 PM
What could go wrong?

...& 2 or 3 years of Trouba at $2-$3 million per, which is a steal.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 9:35 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

We had little leverage with Trouba, but he wanted out anyway. In sense, it was out of necessity, to make cap room for Connor and Laine.

Screw Overhardt though, Trouba's agent. He can step on a Lego for eternity for all I care.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 2:17 PM
What could go wrong?

30 days out.....strange that on the Winnipeg Jets web page - roster, Laine is not listed but Kyle Conner is? All other new player acquisitions are listed.

Weirdly odd honest mistake or sign of upcoming change?
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Last edited by Biff; Sep 3, 2019 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 7:30 PM

Yeah but is Trouba allowed to use the washroom without his girlfriends approval?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 2:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
30 days out.....strange that on the Winnipeg Jets web page - roster, Laine is not listed but Kyle Conner is? All other new player acquisitions are listed.

Weirdly odd honest mistake or sign of upcoming change?
I heard a rumor that the New Jersey Devils have offered 2 or 3 future 1st round picks, and a top 4 defenseman for Laine. The Devils are throwing all their chips in the basket, and have acquired Subban, Gusev, and Hall. They also have Hughes and Hischier.

Whether it happens is another story, but I would bridge Laine if I was Jets management, and sign Connor long-term. Laine could be the piece that puts New Jersey over the top.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 2:45 PM

Has anyone seen the reno's to the skywalk yet? I was walking under it at Graham and it looked like a lot was piled up on the windows. Only a short time till the beginning of preseason.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 3:05 PM

^ Has the skywalk reopened yet?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 4:28 PM

I don't think it's open yet. I did notice they have covered all the bare concrete in the large stairwells at the corners of the rink. Looking forward to see how it all turned out.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 9:21 PM

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 3:20 PM
BANNED

No Connors, no Laine

No replacements for Trouba, Myers, Chariot and Tanev

Buff off on personal leave for who knows what......

Jets look to be in a heap of trouble

Playoffs this season may be a stretch!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 4:11 PM

BellMTS Skywalk is now reopened – still lots of work to go though. Doesn't really say much about changes other than cosmetics, and a new customer service desk by the suite entrance.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...walk-1.5285169

Some photos: https://twitter.com/AlexBrownCTV/sta...92234517815296

Side note, it's interesting on the Bell MTS Place website it talks about their green initiatives: they compost all food scraps and most of their drink/food containers are compostable. Odd that they a) don't actually tell that story within the building, and b) don't have compost bins in the concourse.... so they're just composting scraps from the kitchens?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
BellMTS Skywalk is now reopened – still lots of work to go though. Doesn't really say much about changes other than cosmetics, and a new customer service desk by the suite entrance.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...walk-1.5285169

Some photos: https://twitter.com/AlexBrownCTV/sta...92234517815296

Side note, it's interesting on the Bell MTS Place website it talks about their green initiatives: they compost all food scraps and most of their drink/food containers are compostable. Odd that they a) don't actually tell that story within the building, and b) don't have compost bins in the concourse.... so they're just composting scraps from the kitchens?
Walked through there at lunch. Pretty much cosmetic. Looks like the renderings (outside of the glass blocks are currently not being lit up in blue). There's the customer service desk and the former box office has been converted to a security desk.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Walked through there at lunch. Pretty much cosmetic. Looks like the renderings (outside of the glass blocks are currently not being lit up in blue). There's the customer service desk and the former box office has been converted to a security desk.
I was a little surprised that they didn't just get rid of the former box office space. Even a few more metres of crush space at the bottom of the stairs leading from the upper bowl might have helped to ease the postgame gridlock there a little bit.

That said, the skywalk looks nice even though the changes are only cosmetic. The floors are nice. It's kind of what I expected originally in 2004 as opposed to the ocean of beige and bolted on particle boards that we ended up with.

I will say that it sure makes the skywalk leading to Portage Place look extra tired. But then, it's getting so old and tired looking that it's starting to develop a certain shabby charm, like the tunnels around Penn Station in NYC.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 6:38 PM

I didn't think it was going to be anything else but cosmetic. There's not much they can really do with a walkway. The floors are nice.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 12:38 PM
BANNED

So TSN’s MacKenzie tweeted that BBB (Big Baby Buff) is contemplating retirement, we’ll done Dustin, wait until three days before training camp to spring that on the organization which showed you a ton of loyalty.

Good thing Dithers Chevy let three other starting D men walk!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 12:49 PM

We're fucked if he leaves.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 12:50 PM

^ So we're basically looking at an en masse call up of last season's Manitoba Moose defensive corps? I hope you're ready, Logan Stanley!

It feels like the decline and dysfunction are rapidly accelerating.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan