HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Agreed. This is an elegant looking building. This is what you get when you employ the services of an actual architect to work on your project............
That overgrown lot has been for sale for years, I really hope this project proceeds. You'd have a great city view from those balconies, especially at night. Perfect location to watch the Canada day fireworks.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 4:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a lot of potential out there to make Coverdale Road a really interesting streetscape, especially with proposed projects like this

and this

on the horizon...............

I am excited to see the increased confidence by developers (Cordova) in the future of this area. Just imagine another half dozen similar buildings between the current causeway and the Gunningsville Bridge. It would be a game changer for Riverview, and would change the perception that people have of the town by everyone in the metro area.

Combine this with the rehabilitation of the Petitcodiac River and we may be on the verge of having something really special happening here.

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 7, 2020 at 5:06 PM.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 2:06 PM

Quote:
There is a lot of potential out there to make Coverdale Road a really interesting streetscape, especially with proposed projects like this

and this

on the horizon...............

I am excited to see the increased confidence by developers (Cordova) in the future of this area. Just imagine another half dozen similar buildings between the current causeway and the Gunningsville Bridge. It would be a game changer for Riverview, and would change the perception that people have of the town by everyone in the metro area.

Combine this with the rehabilitation of the Petitcodiac River and we may be on the verge of having something really special happening here.
It would be great to see both of these projects become reality. The market is there for these units. Living in either of these buildings would actually put you closer to the downtown core than a lot of existing Moncton neighborhoods. Really hope Cordova can come through and get them done.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 2:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

One of the things I like about the Cordova project proposed for 230 Coverdale Road is that the front of the building actually faces the rear of the property:

If you study the site plan below, you can see that the main lobby entrance (and the outdoor visitor and overflow parking) are actually at the rear of the building, and thus out of sight of Coverdale Road. There is a traffic turnaround in front of the lobby door so that passengers can be dropped off, and what appears to be attractive landscaping and a plaza in front of the lobby doors. This plan literally screams privacy and exclusivity.

I think the overall effect will be rather elegant and sophisticated. This approach also keeps the rear facade of the building that faces Coverdale Road clean and simple, and allows for abundant landscaping facing the street. There is very little not to like in this design.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 9:27 PM

A sign at the new apartment building on the corner of Whitepine & Cleveland says that it's 75% rented, and it doesn't even look like it's finished yet. Also the Kensington Apartments on the corner of Gunningsville & Pinewood have been fully leased even before construction started. I'd say the rental market is strong in Riverview. Hopefully the Cordova project goes forward.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 1:55 PM

They have resumed work on the Gunnersville bridge today. I drove by and they were pouring concrete.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 1:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
They have resumed work on the Gunnersville bridge today. I drove by and they were pouring concrete.
I presume you mean the causeway replacement, but good news indeed!

I believe it's next year that they anticipate closure of the causeway for several months to allow everything to get connected up. If I recall, the work will be complete in the fall of 2021.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 7:53 PM

Quote:
I presume you mean the causeway replacement, but good news indeed!

I believe it's next year that they anticipate closure of the causeway for several months to allow everything to get connected up. If I recall, the work will be complete in the fall of 2021.
Yeah there’s not official name for it yet so I forgot and called it the other bridge. I’m glad to see work progressing again tho!

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 7:55 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Yeah there’s not official name for it yet so I forgot and called it the other bridge. I’m glad to see work progressing again tho!
Pont Moncton-Riverview 2021 Riverview-Moncton Bridge.

I won't stand for it being a single syllable shorter than that!

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Pont Moncton-Riverview 2021 Riverview-Moncton Bridge.

I won't stand for it being a single syllable shorter than that!

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 10:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was just browsing the CCD Canada website (a clearing house for information for contractors regarding upcoming construction projects around the country) just now, and noted that The Current in Riverview was on their list of "Top 50" most popular projects in Canada being searched by contractors nationwide.

For those who can't remember, The Current is the official name for the twin 10 storey towers at the Chocolate River Station site.

If The Current is actively being searched, this must mean that there is information available about the project on the website, and should mean that this project remains active in the pre-development phase. In other words, Cordova Realty remains very serious about this project.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 1:07 AM

Quote:
I was just browsing the CCD Canada website (a clearing house for information for contractors regarding upcoming construction projects around the country) just now, and noted that The Current in Riverview was on their list of "Top 50" most popular projects in Canada being searched by contractors nationwide.

For those who can't remember, The Current is the official name for the twin 10 storey towers at the Chocolate River Station site.

If The Current is actively being searched, this must mean that there is information available about the project on the website, and should mean that this project remains active in the pre-development phase. In other words, Cordova Realty remains very serious about this project.
I was wondering if this project was still alive. The Chocolate River Station was never sold to Cordova and there's still For Lease signs posted on the building. I was thinking that the project was a no-go. Maybe they've been working on it behind the scenes. It would be a major project for Riverview.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 2:16 PM

less of a PR nightmare for them to build in the other location.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY386 View Post
less of a PR nightmare for them to build in the other location.
After they had the public meeting concerning the Chocolate River Station project, it was reported that the next thing Cordova had to do was a geo-technical assessment to see if the project was even viable. Whether or not that's been done - who knows. I honestly had my doubts that this development would proceed.

MonctonRad pointed out that the CCD Canada website showed that The Current in Riverview was on the list of "Top 50" most popular projects in Canada being searched by contractors. I have to say I was surprised to see that.

There are two pretty significant developments on Coverdale Rd. being planned by Cordova. We'll have to wait and see what happens with these projects.
With everything that they've announced lately, Cordova Realty seems to have a lot on their plate.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 3:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

To be clear, it is possible that Cordova might construct the new building next to the Moncton Golf Club before "The Current" - it is a smaller project after all, and less controversial. I posted the information from CCD Canada just to highlight the fact that The Current is still an active project. I have no idea if it will start this year, next year or in five years time.

Cordova has so many irons in the fire around the metro area, it's hard to know where they will start first. If I was to guess, I would say the Twin Oaks project and one of the Riverview projects first (probably the one by Moncton Golf Club)........

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 1:26 AM

Riverview town council decided today to sell Chocolate River Station to Cordova for $800,000.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 10:52 AM

nice good to see them get rid of that building that was doing nothing for them but costing $$.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
nice good to see them get rid of that building that was doing nothing for them but costing $$.
It was the perfect example of an economic albatross hanging around taxpayers' necks.
Now, some residents are going to be mad that they sold this building because in my opinion council has not been vocal about how much money they have been forced to spend on this greatly underused asset.
They must be greatly relieved to have this deal consummated, finally.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 11:45 AM

hopefully developers can move ahead and bring Riverview some much needed tax base . on another note Dobson landing has been delayed, as 6 residents posed a letter to council objecting to the project.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 12:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
hopefully developers can move ahead and bring Riverview some much needed tax base . on another note Dobson landing has been delayed, as 6 residents posed a letter to council objecting to the project.
Why? This is only an extension to a previous approval, and the proposed changes to the site plan are only minimal. There also aren't that many neighbours who could be affected by this development?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces