HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 3, 2020, 5:36 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Once the economy opens back up and there's an uptick in fuel (cars, planes, etc) the price of oil will probably move above $20. My wife's company is pretty confident this will be fairly short term. Two years worst case scenario but probably one.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 2:09 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
A better question is which cities will ultimately be hardest hit and least hit?

For hardest hit, I'm going with Vegas. For least hit, I'm going with DC.
The economic impact will likely be devastating for most of the country especially those heavily dependent on tourism, conventions and trade shows. As you pointed out, Vegas will likely suffer most and DC the least, (for obvious reasons).

Old Posted May 8, 2020, 10:53 PM
Cat Enthusiast

I work for one of the largest natural gas distribution companies in the US and we really haven't been affected that much. It helps that about 6 months before the pandemic, nearly everyone (mostly those of us who don't physically work in construction) were switched to mobile working capabilities, so we were able to start working from home overnight. We still have workers out in the field working on construction, nothing's really changed in that respect. We still have service technicians visiting homes to valve meters on or off (though, we haven't been cutting service for non-payment of bills) but they're wearing proper PPE that the company has been pretty good at providing.

Anyway, for folks like me that have been working from home, the company has extended that through at least the end of May because, apparently, working remotely has worked out much better than they expected. I can't talk about financial impacts of the pandemic, of course, but I don't think we've furloughed or had to lay off any of our employees.

I wonder if our situation is typical of distribution companies across the country compared to production/extraction companies.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted May 8, 2020, 11:07 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

This list makes very little sense to me. Maybe it's nonsense. https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...navirus/72730/

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 12:19 AM

^ that's because it's wallethub, never ever take 'data' from wallethub seriously. It's just marketing for their shitty website.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions