HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 1:09 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 25, 2021 at 1:47 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 12:53 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 3:42 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

FINALLY! Full crown lighting!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 4:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Should be a good sign…

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...yearly-record/

Manhattan Luxury Condo Sales Already Broke Yearly Record

BY AARON SHORT
SEPTEMBER 30, 2021

Quote:
The rich are returning to their roosts.

Luxury homes in Manhattan are selling at a frenzied pace this year, after wealthy buyers returned to the city they fled during the pandemic.

Sales of condos, co-ops, and townhouses priced at $4 million and above reached $11.4 billion through the end of September, according to Olshan Realty’s weekly contract report for Sept. 20 to Sept. 26.

The past nine months of sales have been greater than any yearly total since Olshan began tracking Manhattan transactions in 2006, and already more than doubled last year’s total of $5.1 billion.
Quote:
So far this year, there have been 1,324 luxury property sales, a 105 percent jump from last year when 645 transactions occurred, and a 42 percent boost from 2019 when 945 sales occurred, the Olshan report said.

Others have noticed the trend, too. The number of newly signed contracts for homes that sold for more than $4 million rose 190 percent from August 2020 to August of this year, according to Douglas Elliman’s new signed contract report for that month. At the same time, the number of new listings are down 68 percent, so what’s on the market is getting snatched up.
Quote:
Once vaccines became more widespread, the exceedingly mobile 1 percent returned to a city that has largely kept the coronavirus at bay, including many newcomers from places as far away as California, though international buyers have not yet invested their rubles and riyals in it.

“The high-end market left early and was late to come back because they’re more mobile,” Miller said. “Now, inbound migration is coming from all over the country.”

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 5:19 PM
West End & Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
FINALLY! Full crown lighting!
Looks great! And I see Bloomberg is still sporting the Dutch flag for some reason

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerumer View Post
Looks great! And I see Bloomberg is still sporting the Dutch flag for some reason
I asked him to put our flag up

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 8:14 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Got any more night photos of this super-cool skyscraper?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 8:44 PM
DENNAB

The crown is epic, love it.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 12:30 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerumer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post
I asked him to put our flag up
Conspiracy theory: Its because the elites still secretly run the city as New Amsterdam.. the whole "New York" thing is just a psyop meme prank and the English were never actually in charge. Thats why the real movers and shakers of this city like the Vanderbilts and Roosevelts and Rockefellers (theyre German but from western Rhineland so lets just pretend theyre Dutch) have all been Dutch

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Last edited by jbermingham123; Oct 3, 2021 at 7:23 AM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 8:43 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Apologies if this is a bit gratuitous - it's been almost two years since I've had a proper vacation so got a little snap-happy with the camera.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 12:54 AM
Community Guy

Absolutely insane shots of this beast.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 2:13 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't really like this building? The height is amazing and it's an impressive feat of engineering, but I really do not like the design of this building at all.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurk View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't really like this building? The height is amazing and it's an impressive feat of engineering, but I really do not like the design of this building at all.
No, don't think you're alone at all. It IS a tremendous piece of engineering, but even many others here have said overall it leaves them feeling "meh". It's very tall, perfectly okay in its own right but the tallest building currently here should be memorable, iconic. It looks like an elongated, 50-70 story residential tower that could be in any major US city but has no real personality or identity of its own, other than great height. It's fine for what it is, but should be so much more iconic and striking. It's just a big nice glass tower, fantastic engineering feat but unimaginative and flat and uninspiring as its top.

And exactly what is it with the window scrubbers or whatever they are so prominent on the roof of this tower and 111 W57th as well? Are other older classic towers featuring that equipment so prominently? Does it retract for most of the day, because they make for eyesores. Just TOO prominent.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 4:12 PM

I was wondering about the window washing rigs too. So many recent towers seem to flaunt them all the time rather than stow them out of sight like One57. It seems particularly ugly on 111W57 and 425 Park.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcastro View Post
I was wondering about the window washing rigs too. So many recent towers seem to flaunt them all the time rather than stow them out of sight like One57. It seems particularly ugly on 111W57 and 425 Park.
Yeah, what are they thinking? Others have their scrubbers more discreetly stored, it looks chintzy and cheap and these are supposedly the Kings of Billionaire's Row?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 4:27 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcastro View Post

i do see more towers that leave them out, or have them built out, which i do notice and yeah it is weird i think. i don't believe they detract though. i mean, i would rather have the windows cleaned regularly.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 4:30 PM

They're being used and not retracted. Don't panic!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 7:29 PM

Not panicking lol, but don't see obvious window scrubbers as a very classy crown substitute. Look at the window scrubbers...so breathtaking! LOL!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 1:29 AM

Well, it does make sense that building recently under construction would have a lot of windows that need washing.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2021, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Apologies if this is a bit gratuitous - it's been almost two years since I've had a proper vacation so got a little snap-happy with the camera.

[Insert a bunch of amazing photos here]
WOW! These are very impressive shots! Somewhat OT but what sort of camera/lens/settings did you use? I was out there in mid-June with a Canon R6 and didn't get nearly as crisp shots of CPT and everything else like you did!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive