HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 7:05 AM

Here's a few photos from today of the Country Club Towers --

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 12:45 PM

Top Photography, CPV Live

No view plane left behind. Love the photographs. Thank you,

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Hello, first time forum(er) here, for months I've enjoyed coming on to this website to keep up with any new developments in our awesome city but never had much to say. I have a question, yesterday me and my wife were driving down I25 north passed downtown and as we were passing by the aquarium my wife pointed out a big sign that said, "Trump tower coming to Denver". Does anyone know anything about this? I don't want to start a debate on politics or anything, I'm just curious to know if we will be getting a new big tower here to help our skyline! Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 10:07 PM

Project on Fox Street?

Hey all.
I was looking at The Coloradan web cam today and I zoomed into the Prospect neighborhood and noticed a couple of cores about 6 or 7 stories high. They looked like they were popping up out of the lot on Fox St right next to the railroad tracks.
Does anyone know what's going in there? I'm not sure I've seen anything about this lot being developed.
Thanks!

Also...great pics of the Country Club towers, CPVLIVE. They're looking pretty amazing!!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 10:45 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Hey all.
I was looking at The Coloradan web cam today and I zoomed into the Prospect neighborhood and noticed a couple of cores about 6 or 7 stories high. They looked like they were popping up out of the lot on Fox St right next to the railroad tracks.
Does anyone know what's going in there? I'm not sure I've seen anything about this lot being developed.
Thanks!

Also...great pics of the Country Club towers, CPVLIVE. They're looking pretty amazing!!
That's a self-storage facility I believe.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
That's a self-storage facility I believe.
Ah yes. I remember some people mentioning this now.
Thanks!!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 12:53 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Wife and I went to get some tacos on West Alameda and I had my good camera!

Scroll ->

EDIT: I'm also digging the contrast between these two..

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Last edited by RyanD; Apr 3, 2017 at 1:16 AM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 3:26 AM

A few more of 1776 Curtis from today ---

Don't remember the name of this project - 20th/21st and Stout --

And a few of Eviva Cherokee ---

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 5:12 AM
Aspiring Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post
Hello, first time forum(er) here, for months I've enjoyed coming on to this website to keep up with any new developments in our awesome city but never had much to say. I have a question, yesterday me and my wife were driving down I25 north passed downtown and as we were passing by the aquarium my wife pointed out a big sign that said, "Trump tower coming to Denver". Does anyone know anything about this? I don't want to start a debate on politics or anything, I'm just curious to know if we will be getting a new big tower here to help our skyline! Thanks!
April fool? Even if it's real or not, it wouldn't be the first time the orange man in the bad suit promised to build something in Denver.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 3:38 PM

As far as I know he vowed to never do business in Denver because he submitted his design proposal late for the Union Station project and the city said we don't care who you are you missed the deadline. Pretty sure that was after he scrapped his design for his tower.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post

EDIT: I'm also digging the contrast between these two..

Nice pics as always!

Is anybody else concerned that the Hotel Born wasn't built all the way up against The Platform beyond the third floor? That is pretty clearly a party-wall intended to be built against, and yet the new structure leaves most of the blank wall completely exposed.

What gives? The entire site plan for the lots surrounding the train platforms is only around a decade old, so to end up with such a condition seems to demonstrate a pretty severe oversight on somebody's part. Was this change a part of the "redesign" that delayed this project for so many many months? Really a disappointing design fail if you ask me on what is otherwise one of my favorite new projects.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
As far as I know he vowed to never do business in Denver because he submitted his design proposal late for the Union Station project and the city said we don't care who you are you missed the deadline. Pretty sure that was after he scrapped his design for his tower.
A Trump Hotel is being considered for Denver:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/25...r-possibility/

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 4:50 PM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
Nice pics as always!

Is anybody else concerned that the Hotel Born wasn't built all the way up against The Platform beyond the third floor? That is pretty clearly a party-wall intended to be built against, and yet the new structure leaves most of the blank wall completely exposed.

What gives? The entire site plan for the lots surrounding the train platforms is only around a decade old, so to end up with such a condition seems to demonstrate a pretty severe oversight on somebody's part. Was this change a part of the "redesign" that delayed this project for so many many months? Really a disappointing design fail if you ask me on what is otherwise one of my favorite new projects.
Hotels are tricky. Born is loaded on both sides. I guess they could have brought the Wewatta side up to the Platform building, in an "L" configuration. It would have hid the blank wall.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 5:02 PM

Not liking that dark color for Eviva Cherokee. IMO it would've looked better with a lighter color similar to the stone work on the first two floors.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 6:40 PM

$250 million mixed-use project planned in Denver's Cole neighborhood (Photos)

Quote:
Denver Rock Drill will include 150,000 square feet of adaptive reuse of historic buildings that will become office space, and 550,000 square feet of new build. Within the new construction, 150,000 square feet will be office space, for a total of 300,000 square feet of office space in the full development, and 65,000 square feet will be retail. Plans also call for 180 for-rent residential units and a 175-key hotel by Sage Hospitality.
I feel like there has to be some better renderings out there that show more than just a glimpse of the new build, but I couldn't find anything.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 6:47 PM

On that note, looks like it's safe to say the HUB project in RiNo is probably dead at this point. I am sure HomeAdvisor will fill space in some other RiNo project either under construction, or will help move one to construction.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...o-hq-site.html

http://www.9news.com/money/business/...rino/428041513

Also, looks like the CenturyLink sign will be coming off of 1801 California.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...kyscraper.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
I feel like there has to be some better renderings out there that show more than just a glimpse of the new build, but I couldn't find anything.
Yes, there is.
https://denverrockdrill.com

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
On that note, looks like it's safe to say the HUB project in RiNo is probably dead at this point. I am sure HomeAdvisor will fill space in some other RiNo project either under construction, or will help move one to construction.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...o-hq-site.html

http://www.9news.com/money/business/...rino/428041513

Also, looks like the CenturyLink sign will be coming off of 1801 California.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...kyscraper.html

According to this, Home Advisor still plans to move into the HUB space in December 2018 and has signed a lease with Beacon.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...nt-in-rin.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
According to this, Home Advisor still plans to move into the HUB space in December 2018 and has signed a lease with Beacon.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...nt-in-rin.html
Nice find. I had just assumed that they were taking over the land, but not the project. I would assume they should be able to get the plans submitted to the city quickly as the project has already been scoped out, and the main tenant has indicated they are committed.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Oh yeah, I've seen that before. This project has already been discussed I guess. Well alrighty then.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West