HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Aug 29, 2011, 4:01 AM
My Spoon Is Too Big

Any have any comments on Coop liquor stores? I've heard that the super store liquor stores are super cheap, but am unfamiliar with coop.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2011, 4:24 AM
Home of Hyperchange

For a privatized market, I find the "competition" between liquor stores in AB sadly disappointing. The only real difference I find is that the bigger the store, the more selection they have. Beyond that, they all seem to be within a few dollars of each other. And they all have to carry so much of the same banal (but popular!) stuff that there often isn't much variety between any 2 given stores.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2011, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEdge View Post
Any have any comments on Coop liquor stores? I've heard that the super store liquor stores are super cheap, but am unfamiliar with coop.
I like CO-OP liquor stores. The newer ones have the best beer selection for a non speciality store in town. Added bonus, their CO-OP Classic Ale is brewed by Big Rock. Tastes like a slightly lighter Trad.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2011, 3:40 PM
effete latte-lifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEdge View Post
The Co-op liquor stores at Hamptons, and Dalhusie have some of the best beer selections in the city thanks to a guy named Mike. He's very similar in stature and appearance, and personality to Willow Park's beer guy, Dave.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy