HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 12:25 PM

Was this structure really unique?

Until 2010, an electricity pylon near Brühl in Germany was equipped with an observation deck. Was this structure, from which you can find a picture on https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anlage...btreusee_I.JPG and which has an entry in our database at http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=120476 really unique as I suppose or do or did also other electricity pylons with observation decks exist?
If yes, where?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 12:39 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i dk, but its a good idea for some settings.

i mean, why not?

there are plenty of nice views we could get, but never get a chance to because noone thinks to do something like that or makes the effort.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
i dk, but its a good idea for some settings.

i mean, why not?

there are plenty of nice views we could get, but never get a chance to because noone thinks to do something like that or makes the effort.
According to the entry on this website, it got removed after people vandalized it. Which I think is probably the main reason why this doesn't get done more often: power and utility companies aren't willing to sink the time, effort, expense, and potential legal liability* into doing something nice and wonderful for the community, only to have horrible people within that community come and screw it up ("see? This is why we can't have nice things!").

*(For example, maybe not so much in Germany, but in America, I can totally see this kind of thing being a goldmine for tort actions, "attractive nuisance" and all that, where people sue each other for drowning in another person's swimming pool even though there's a clear "no trespassing!" sign).

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 7:23 PM

Nevertheless, there are many observation towers in Germany (and some neighboring countries), which you can visit at any time of the day. They have usually no elevator, but in most cases paying an entrance fee is not required.

A good list can be found on https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...in_Deutschland . Follow there the list for each German state.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture