HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 5:38 PM

New 30 second commercial on the signature website. Click this link. Also new pics on the gallery. For a dead project, it sure seems full of life.

http://www.signaturetowernashville.com/virtual.php

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 8:55 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
I agree. Some of the negative statements above make no sense whatsoever. If it gets built fine, if not the world won't end. But for now the project is very, very much alive and is hardly close to becoming a "relic" lol.
It was not a negative statement, it was just a curious observation. And yes, I realize the purpose of the balloon. What I said was more of a metaphor if that helps you.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 3:29 PM

As I stated before, more is going on with this project behind closed doors than we know about and we'll here about the news, positive or negative, as it develops. This is a large project and it's going to take time. Here's so more positive news in The Tennessean.

Planning Commission approves the redesign to the final redesign of Signature. The final plan made the base of the tower "more consistent" with the rest of the tower. Tony can now obtain building permits.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 7:03 PM
Chaos Machine

Thats is pretty sweet that they take buyers up in a hot air balloon to see their view. Hopefully they can pull this tower off.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 10:33 PM
Hello

This tower to me is currently one of the nicest proposed in the USA, but also seems to get the most grief out of any proposal.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
This tower to me is currently one of the nicest proposed in the USA, but also seems to get the most grief out of any proposal.
It does because it is in Nashville and bucks the misconceptions of that city. IF you polled 1,000,000 people and asked them three years ago which city other than the big three would get the next 1,000 footer I would bet Nashville wasn't even on any list or in fact was even conceivable as a possibility. I'm sure Charlotte went through the same thing when BOA was built because BOA was nearly 300 feet taller than the other few highrises in Charlotte at the time. I remember driving through there and seeing BOA and thinking that was the only tall building in the city until I got a view of downtown from I-85. But it wasn't long before BOA had some nice complimentary buildings around it and now Charlotte has an impressive skyline.

But by the time Signature is built, Nashville will have a base of buildings far ahead of what Charlotte had in the early 90s including a "rumored" 700 foot hotel tower which would be just the ticket to offset Signature.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:27 AM

A friend of mine attended a charity golf event last weekend and he rode in the golf cart with a developer who is partnered with Tony Giarratana on a development separate from Signature Tower. When my friend asked how everything was progressing with ST, the man said that Giarratana's business ties are so strong that ST is definitely progressing well and will get built. Knock on wood, believe what you want. I find this good news. Go Signature Tower!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:50 AM

There will undoubtably be some depressed people when this project finally breaks ground.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:58 AM
The True Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
There will undoubtably be some depressed people when this project finally breaks ground.
I will not be one of them.

But I think that there will be even more depressed people if this tower isn't built.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:02 AM
Only Mostly Dead

"Depressed" is a bit strong, but I would be disappointed if it doesn't get built. This is a beautiful proposal and I can't wait to see it rise.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 1:07 AM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis View Post
I will not be one of them.

But I think that there will be even more depressed people if this tower isn't built.
There would be lots and lots of extremely disappointed people (myself included) should that happen. Probably not depression, but it would be a big blow. But, I'm not terribly worried at this moment.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 2:57 AM

Hi There

I certainly believe Signature will be built. While other cities are experiencing a sharp decline due to the subprime mess, Nashville is still chugging along. Sure, the average homes are having sales problems, but the LUXURY market in Nashville has only had a moderate decline from booming sales. The big ticket (2Million+) homes are up 200% from last year and 1Million+ are up 134%so far this year. Last time I looked, Sig is a luxury project. When the excavation gets underway, it will be built. That's just the way Nashville is.
Excavating deep holes in our limestone bedrock is just too expensive to start and abandon. Also the cost of preparing construction documents and going through permitting is too big to back out at that phase. There are quite a few big holes in Nashville right now being filled with big projects.

I am a native Nashvillian and an architect employed locally. The firm has several large projects in Nashville under design right now and their budgets exceed Sig by several times. I expect these projects to be built as well. I will post info on them when they are announced to the public later on. The firm has built several of the very recognisable towers in Nashville previously,
so be assured I am familiar with big scale projects like Sig.

As to the city rivalries, I used to be in Atlanta and had a 36 story project on Peachtree go bellyup back in the mid seventies due to recession. However,
the site was cleared, unit presales signed and a model unit built on site before
it failed. I do believe that 36+ story condos were eventually built on Peachtree, weren't they? Looking at the current treads on Atlanta, there is an impressive array of proposed projects. Nashville is experiencing a similar growth proportional to respective populations. Certainly not the rustic impression that one associates with the image of Nashville in the past.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 3:11 AM

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I was saying that some folks I know will be depressed if this tower succeeds. They almost appear to be campaigning against it.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 3:18 AM
BANNED

HOW DARE A CITY OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO AND NY GET A SUPERTALL!!!!

GRRRRRR
I HOPE THIS PROJECT FAILS!!!!!
RAARRRRR!!!!

Just Kidding!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 3:24 AM
BANNED

ooo, this is sexy!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 3:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I don't understand the haters... Skeptics, yes, but the haters? Get a life people.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
I certainly believe Signature will be built. While other cities are experiencing a sharp decline due to the subprime mess, Nashville is still chugging along. Sure, the average homes are having sales problems, but the LUXURY market in Nashville has only had a moderate decline from booming sales. The big ticket (2Million+) homes are up 200% from last year and 1Million+ are up 134%so far this year. Last time I looked, Sig is a luxury project. When the excavation gets underway, it will be built. That's just the way Nashville is.
Excavating deep holes in our limestone bedrock is just too expensive to start and abandon. Also the cost of preparing construction documents and going through permitting is too big to back out at that phase. There are quite a few big holes in Nashville right now being filled with big projects.

I am a native Nashvillian and an architect employed locally. The firm has several large projects in Nashville under design right now and their budgets exceed Sig by several times. I expect these projects to be built as well. I will post info on them when they are announced to the public later on. The firm has built several of the very recognisable towers in Nashville previously,
so be assured I am familiar with big scale projects like Sig.

As to the city rivalries, I used to be in Atlanta and had a 36 story project on Peachtree go bellyup back in the mid seventies due to recession. However,
the site was cleared, unit presales signed and a model unit built on site before
it failed. I do believe that 36+ story condos were eventually built on Peachtree, weren't they? Looking at the current treads on Atlanta, there is an impressive array of proposed projects. Nashville is experiencing a similar growth proportional to respective populations. Certainly not the rustic impression that one associates with the image of Nashville in the past.
From what I can see, a lot of the major condo tower acitivity is going on out in Buckhead which is an impressive skyline unto itself including eight 40 story towers to break ground soon. That's another reason I believe Signature isn't that big a reach. If Atlanta can sustain that much condo activity then Nashville can certainly have a couple large-scale projects including Signature Tower.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
From what I can see, a lot of the major condo tower acitivity is going on out in Buckhead which is an impressive skyline unto itself including eight 40 story towers to break ground soon. That's another reason I believe Signature isn't that big a reach. If Atlanta can sustain that much condo activity then Nashville can certainly have a couple large-scale projects including Signature Tower.
I agree. And I also think that not long after Signature Tower starts rising, there will be a developer in Atlanta that will start a project that tops the 1,000 Ft mark there as well (that would be their second), possibly taller than Signature Tower.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 11:56 PM

Thank God this proposal is picking up some steam again. I was losing hope, too.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 4:05 PM

At the Predators game, the Predators introduction on the jumbotron usually depicts the team mascot "nash" climbing up the bellsouth tower. Last night, nash was climbing up Signature Tower! haha, the t-shirts given away to fans depicted the Signature Tower logo on the back, and "Tony Giarratana and the Signature Tower team" were welcomed along with other groups on the jumbotron.
Similar advertising methods were used in Charlotte Bobcats games with their VUE (sp?) building, and I believe that building was built due to the help from their advertisements. I find it humorous that Tony did this, and I pray to God that it works!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive