HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 4:16 PM

Nashville has the problem of having a thriving midtown which, in many ways, is a more attractive option for urban living than downtown. There are already amenities along West End and 21st Avenue in place that are more attractive to Nashvillians than living amongst the tourist traps of downtown. If I had $500k to plop down on a condo, I might just prefer a place like Adelicia to Encore as well. With that said, the Gulch and all the upcoming SoBro projects could be just what the doctor ordered as far as making downtown a more attractive option to buyers and renters. I've also heard people complain of the homeless people downtown. They are not a problem in the least for me but some people who might consider living downtown are sensitive to that sort of thing and opt for elsewhere.

Tony G. may have overshot with Signature at a time that, in retrospect, wasn't the best. If he had stuck to the second revision at the height around 800 ft. but instead proposed it with the hotel component at the bottom, this baby would certainly be rising. Or perhaps if he waited a few more years for the Gulch to get in full swing and the new convention center to be underway, Siggy would be a more attractive option. In any case, this project is looking more and more like a long shot. A revision may be too costly at this point and that's the only way I see this project getting of the ground anytime soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive