HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 5:19 PM

Hey NYguy, was there something overly ignorant or offensive in what Charmedone's comment was? Get a grip. There, that's my 2nd post and I wasted it on you.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 7:03 PM
JoeCooper

Before reading take note that I'm not getting into the whole Chicago VS NYC nonsense, I'm talking about how this building compares to another building in another city. I personally look at this building as Chicago's John Hancock of NYC! They are the first major mixed use projects for each city. This will also be one of NYC's highest ablove ground pools to be in a highrise as the pool in the JHC is on the 44th floor and is the highest in Chicago. We know that both buildings are over 1,000 feet, but they may both be around the same height. Also, as of now this building will have a major impact on the NYC skyline as JHC did when constructed in Chicago and still does! Either way, both buildings are pioneers for their city. It makes me that much happier that this one is aready in preperation!!!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 7:22 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Before reading take note that I'm not getting into the whole Chicago VS NYC nonsense, I'm talking about how this building compares to another building in another city. I personally look at this building as Chicago's John Hancock of NYC! They are the first major mixed use projects for each city. This will also be one of NYC's highest ablove ground pools to be in a highrise as the pool in the JHC is on the 44th floor and is the highest in Chicago. We know that both buildings are over 1,000 feet, but they may both be around the same height. Also, as of now this building will have a major impact on the NYC skyline as JHC did when constructed in Chicago and still does! Either way, both buildings are pioneers for their city. It makes me that much happier that this one is aready in preperation!!!
To compare any up-coming building to the John Hancock Center in Chicago is an honor for both the building and the city in which it's being constructed. I appreciate that comment.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:05 PM

The comment regarding the pool is an interesting one. Looking at the rendering from above the roof, that was one of the things that caught my eye. A pool ~1,000 ft above ground! got to be one of the highest in the world once it completed, although I'm sure something in Dubai, probably one of the many proposed hotels, will be higher.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:17 PM
World Machine

How cool would it be to swim 1,000 ft above Manhattan.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymguy2k View Post
Hey NYguy, was there something overly ignorant or offensive in what Charmedone's comment was? Get a grip. There, that's my 2nd post and I wasted it on you.
pathetic, waste of space

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
How cool would it be to swim 1,000 ft above Manhattan.
Very cool, though I'm sure Trump wouldn't let that one last for long before bringing his own, higher version...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:43 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Very cool, though I'm sure Trump wouldn't let that one last for long before bringing his own, higher version...

Not a bad thing. If having the highest swimming pool in the city means a lot to a developer like Trump, then I have no problem with him getting that title. The more 1,000 footers, the better.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Glad to see you wasted your "1" post on that...
lol thanks :-P

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Not a bad thing. If having the highest swimming pool in the city means a lot to a developer like Trump, then I have no problem with him getting that title. The more 1,000 footers, the better.
Ironically, although it could potentially have the city's highest residences, either Ghery's tower (said to be over 900 ft), or Libeskinds 900 ft tower would be listed as tallest residentials, even though both of those would be slightly mixed-use. But never, ever count Donald Trump out of the game...

They may be expanding their "brand" around the world, but everyone knows the place to be...

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:16 PM
World Machine

Quote:
They may be expanding their "brand" around the world, but everyone knows the place to be...
After all New York is where he made a name for himself and established his career. I'm sure he'll build a big one in Manhattan before his time is done. It's something he has wanted for the city since he first started out.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's something he has wanted for the city since he first started out.
He just needs the right location, although he steamrolled NIMBYs in his last two largest developments in the city...

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:36 PM
World Machine

Quote:
He just needs the right location, although he steamrolled NIMBYs in his last two largest developments in the city...
I was very annoyed that Television City didn't come through. What an amazing site that would've been.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I was very annoyed that Television City didn't come through. What an amazing site that would've been.
Yeah, don't even bring that one up. All versions of it were taller than the Freedom Tower. Even his NYSE proposal was taller. Oh well. We can't complain about the developments we're getting now.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 10:47 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Even his NYSE proposal was taller.
I believe though the NYSE Tower was scrapped because of 9/11. What a kick in the ass that was. I guess you can say those terrorists destroyed 3 Manhattan supertalls.

Trump will get his NYC supertall eventually.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 12:25 AM
Frigidus Maximus

Just how many supertall proposals ARE there at the moment for NYC? It's just getting too hard to keep track of them all...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 1:07 AM

Let me list by gripe first:

ANOTHER Silver Tower? ._.

That said: Love the boxy look. New York wins here! Not a 700-footer that needs a flagpole!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 1:36 AM
low-riding

i cant understand is where Trump is on all this? From the inception of the far west side i always thought Trump would finally go for a landmark here. he let extel and brookfield and all other gobble up the prime spots. wtf?? his most daring projects get diluted for one reason or another and here finally he has basically a no limits playground and he's too busy in every other city to bother with his hometown? way to drop the ball

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 2:55 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
i cant understand is where Trump is on all this? From the inception of the far west side i always thought Trump would finally go for a landmark here. he let extel and brookfield and all other gobble up the prime spots. wtf?? his most daring projects get diluted for one reason or another and here finally he has basically a no limits playground and he's too busy in every other city to bother with his hometown? way to drop the ball
Imo, Trump genrally drops the ball. Why? Because he develops on image, not quality. I have a large "Trump dropped the ball" too.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 7:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
what are you talking about? trump soho is his BEST project, hands down.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction