HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 4:07 AM
Can I has a tunnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
Yay, someone else who likes old euroboxes.

I can't help but think most of the Euro brands have lost their way a bit since the 80s. Volvo doesn't even sell a mid sized wagon any more. It seems everyone wants small SUV truck things.

I'm also kind of surprised nobody has an EV on here yet. I figured there would be more early adopters kicking about.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 5:46 AM

they are so expensive a nissan leaf is like $60,000

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebby View Post

broken down:

and

A shot of both:

Wow you live in a nice neighbourhood. Oh and nice cars.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 4:14 PM
Shoebox Dweller

I'm thinking of putting up that 6 foot long Viper poster from when I was 9 back up in my room after that one...

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 4:44 PM

I haven't driven the new Viper though I do like the looks of them. Have they improved your rear view in them from the older models? I remember the older models were about as bad as a Lamborghini for looking behind you. You pretty much had to stick your head out the side window and look back to see behind.

Always made me nervous.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 5:29 PM
Vancouver User

Vancouver Autos

Hey Guys, I've started a new side project, not about my ride, but solo parking shots in and around Vancouver. I call it Vancouver Autos. It started with an Instagram account, and has now added Twitter, Tumblr, and a weekly highlight on VancouverIsAwesome.com.

Here's this week's example:

Porsche 911 Targa with a 3.6L from a 993.

Mods, not meant to be spam, just info. Delete if you have you.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrifice333 View Post
Hey Guys, I've started a new side project, not about my ride, but solo parking shots in and around Vancouver. I call it Vancouver Autos. It started with an Instagram account, and has now added Twitter, Tumblr, and a weekly highlight on VancouverIsAwesome.com.

Here's this week's example:

Porsche 911 Targa with a 3.6L from a 993.

Mods, not meant to be spam, just info. Delete if you have you.
Cool, I noticed that on vancouverisawesome. There sure are some interesting older vehicles still on the road here, given the relatively small amount of salt they put on the roads in the winter. I notice a lot more Japanese cars from the '80s in great condition (no rust) compared to Alberta, where I grew up.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2012, 7:46 PM
Vancouver User

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheosfog View Post
Cool, I noticed that on vancouverisawesome. There sure are some interesting older vehicles still on the road here, given the relatively small amount of salt they put on the roads in the winter. I notice a lot more Japanese cars from the '80s in great condition (no rust) compared to Alberta, where I grew up.
Definitely a good mixture here on the West Coast... older examples in decent shape, 90's imports thanks to the 15-yr RIV rules, expensive rides, etc.

Every Wednesday I post a single shot from sometime over the last week or so, most other days I post a pic on Instagram, Tumblr, & Twitter.

It's a fun little project.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 3:07 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Just upgraded from my ART Mark 2.5 to a 2012 Mazda 3 Sport GS-L automatic. Good mileage, fun to drive, and surprisingly comfortable. First car that I've had access to in my life due to a slight (11 year) transit addiction.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Just upgraded from my ART Mark 2.5 to a 2012 Mazda 3 Sport GS-L automatic. Good mileage, fun to drive, and surprisingly comfortable. First car that I've had access to in my life due to a slight (11 year) transit addiction.

I know that car! Welcome fellow BCMazda3 member!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Nice ride. Welcome to the Dark Side.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Any motorcyclists on the board? Is so let's see em. In the process of getting my first bike. Looking at a twin powered sports bike... will post pics once the sale goes thru.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Oxymoron.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Oxymoron.
Lol fun to drive in terms of handling and steering, the Skyactiv automatic transmission is not bad though. It uses a torque convertor up to 8km/h before it locks up until you go slower than 8km/h, and then an automated single clutch for gear changes that's fortunately waaaaaaay better than what's in the Smart Car.

I still prefer manual myself, I have his exact same car except manual and sedan, but the same engine, colour, and options.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 6:11 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Quote:
Oxymoron.
Haha... well... thought I would minimize the risk of commute frustration on this one. If it were just a weekend/evening driver, I would definitely do manual. But yeah, DKaz hit the nail on the head- steering is great, and the transmission is pretty buttery smooth.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 4:04 AM

I have been driving the BMW X1 for 14 months now and still very happy with it. Small, but sophisticated little crossover SUV.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 4:24 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Can anybody clue me in on the difference between a crossover and a hatchback? Lower to the ground and smaller wheels?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 4:44 AM

I have no idea, but Wikipedia has some details on that. BMW calls these cars Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) instead of SUV, so it can be a bit confusing...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheosfog View Post
Do you mean actual JDM vehicles?

http://www.japanoid.com/

My new whip is a 2012 Camry Hybrid. My first hybrid - driving "regularly" it's not hard to get the listed fuel economy (5.8 l/100km). Driving more for a hybrid (i stick with pulse and glide, and feathering the throttle in city driving to stay at ~50-60km/h in EV mode), it's not hard to get 4.8-5 l/100km. I'm even going below 4 for smaller drives with a warm engine.

Was looking at the golf wagon TDI, but worried about reliability and cost of ownership. So far, I'm pretty happy...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 AM
See ya down under, mates

Quote:
Can anybody clue me in on the difference between a crossover and a hatchback? Lower to the ground and smaller wheels?
Crossovers are station wagons with new branding.

I swear I saw a new Range Rover on the Stanley Park causeway that was barely bigger than my Mazda 2. This one I think

http://i.imgur.com/fLYb5P8.jpg (apparently only super high res shots of this car are allowed so linking it)
2014 Range Rover Evoque Sport

Last edited by Pinion; Apr 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion