HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 9:31 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
You can claim flawed logic on my end all you want, but I wi claim it on your end as well when you use similarly flawed logic by trying to compare this overall development to the Pearl. The Pearl is a completely different beast in that it itself is a sandbox development that is so far confined within a former brewery and has much to play with.

The GrayStreet Partners development is at the other end of the spectrum from the Pearl. They’re apples and oranges and to find failure in GSP not replicating the Pearl is beyond flawed in thinking. Also, as I said before, to base any thing off the Gensler master plan massing renderings is foolish as none of that is final.

Wait until actual projects are announced and final design renderings are released before you pass judgement.
How is it apples and oranges exactly? Its not confined within the old Brewery. The new Credit Human building was not part of the brewery. The new apartment building on Newell is outside the old brewery. The land they own across the river was not part of the old brewery. Also not sure why any of that matters? Grey Star is dealing with a pretty big chunk of land. Not as big as the Pearl, but big enough to where they're basically building a small neighborhood.

I did not demand a replication of the Pearl. To the extent I'm demanding anything, it's the use of the type of architectural language that the new buildings at the Pearl use. Arcades. The light colored brick. Etc. I would have the same criticism of the 1603 Broadway project, but that sort of thing is trickier to pull off in a high rise.

And for the record, it's not completely a blank slate, they're retaining that old one story commercial building next to 1800 Broadway at the corner of Pearl Pwky and the Pearl Pwky extension. Kudos to them for keeping it. It would be nice if they kept the old school on the site as well, but it may be past saving given the way SAISD treats its real estate.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio