HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 2:49 AM

Drawings [8 MB] and Memo to the Design Commission for SW Park Ave Apartments.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 10:02 PM
A before E

SW Park Apartments - 2057 SW Park | 109' | 12 floors | Proposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Drawings [8 MB] and Memo to the Design Commission for SW Park Ave Apartments.
Wow, my old street is going to be seeing some drastic changes. I used to live a few houses up Clifton from these houses. It will actually be sad to see them torn down. I am confused on which houses will be torn down though, and maybe you can clarify, obviously the one on the corner and 2057 Park (which is a cool little duplex house), but the shape of the lot makes it look like it will be taking down also be taking down 918 Clifton (which is a dump of a house that probably should be torn down) because I can't figure how they would get an L shape lot right there without tearing down all three houses and leaving a small lot still to be redeveloped.

Edit: Measuring out the lot size, it looks like it will include 2061 Park that will be torn down as well, which would explain where the extension for the lot would come from. So unfortunately we will lose three great old houses and not the one that probably should be torn down.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 10:44 PM

Notice of an Appeal Hearing for 2057 SW Park Ave. The project was discussed a little bit above.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 5:54 AM
A before E

Quote:
Notice of an Appeal Hearing for 2057 SW Park Ave. The project was discussed a little bit above.
Why am I not surprised my old neighbor is appealing this development. Funny because while living by him, we all watched him tear apart the house he lives in making it quite an eye sore. But when it comes to wanting to tear down a few multi family houses to build this tower, I don't blame him for appealing. Personally I am surprised that he didn't sell to the developer so they could include his how within the building.

I would rather see the triangle lot by the freeway developed before these beautiful old houses are torn down.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 6:58 PM

SW Park Apartments - 2057 SW Park | 109' | 12 floors | Proposed

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 11:55 PM

Does anyone know where to find the higher quality renderings they would have turned into the city? I'm intrigued by a 12 story, prefabricated building.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Does anyone know where to find the higher quality renderings they would have turned into the city? I'm intrigued by a 12 story, prefabricated building.
Here's the full case file [52 MB] for the Type II re-review, however in quickly scanning it I don't see any renderings.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 1:38 AM

Also, I could swear there was a thread for this project, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe the discussion was in the Downtown or SW threads?

Last edited by maccoinnich; Oct 18, 2022 at 6:01 AM.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Also, I could swear there was a thread for this project, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it the discussion was in the Downtown or SW threads?
Found a few posts in SW Infill searching the address. Moved them over here.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 3:00 AM

SW Park Apartments at 2059 SW Park Ave were Approved to Issue last week:

Quote:
SW PARK APTS - New 12-story, 98-unit building utilizing mass plywood panel floors and light gauge steel; no parking; includes associated site work *** w/21-069768-MT *** PER CONDITIONS OF APPROVED APPEALS #31357, #31370, and #31379, ALL DEMOLITION PERMITS ON THE SITE MUST BE FINAL PRIOR TO APPROVAL OF THE FIRST INSPECTION OF THE NEW BUILDING PERMIT 21-069762-CO ***

Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 4:55 PM
A before E

That is so insane that a 12 story building with 98 units can fit on that site. It's been really heartbreaking seeing those old houses torn down since that street has been such a big part of my life in Portland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland