HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 7:26 AM
Everywhere all at once

If you zoom in on the above panorama, I noticed the towers of the Domain peaking up at the horizon in the distance, roughly between the Four Seasons Residences and the Hilton. Remarkable!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2021, 11:00 PM

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 5:41 AM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Wow - that's almost surreal. Indeed tower looming behind and over One American Center.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 2:15 PM

I never realized that One American Center needed a backdrop until the Indeed tower was built.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 2:32 PM
World Traveler

I feel like this is going to be one of the popular skyline photo ops for Austin moving forward. It's a really neat effect.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 6:00 AM
Meh

As I said before, but as One American Center is one of my favorite Austin buildings, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the Indeed Tower rising next to it, but it really is great effect and I've been pleasantly surprised by not disliking it. It really is kind of perfect, not just the framing of it, but I feel like having the peak of Indeed Tower on the south side of it is pretty respectful of the One American Center. If the peak had been on the north it would have upstaged it considerably. I think it also would have lessened the impact of Indeed Tower since its peak would have appeared less prominent to the north behind the peak of the One American Center. The reflections are also great, and I'm loving the color of it. The views from South Austin are really quite good, and it's turning out to be one of my favorite new Austin buildings.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I feel like this is going to be one of the popular skyline photo ops for Austin moving forward. It's a really neat effect.
At least for now. The Republic, if built, will take the honors from Republic Square I think, at least for the sake of easy access for photo ops. But until then, this is an amazing line up. For many years, One American looked like it was on the western edge from that vantage point. This gives an added dimension to the east / west spreading out that was and still is dominated by north to south, north of the river. I used to think if the height of the peak mimicked OAC, it would have looked better, but now I agree with Kevin. From that angle, I don't think there is a pairing anywhere else that compliments each building better. Its quite unique.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 7:02 PM
Austinite

2/6/2021

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 1:22 AM

Looks like Crown lighting is being tested

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:00 AM

Terrible picture from MLK and Airport, but looks like the front half of the easy side is lit up

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:09 AM
クラブトクヨ

Fun! I’m all about new lighting downtown.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:49 AM

Omg yesss!!! Here's to hoping it stays lit for over a few years.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 3:16 AM

If it's really that whole wedge section it will easily be the most prominent lighting short of Frost - maybe even bigger depending on the viewing angle.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 5:18 AM
PrimaPix Visuals

I literally turned my head to my right from my computer after seeing this post, to look over at Frost and Block 71 and didn't even realize it was lit up until now, lol.

Anyways, I took a quick shot of it! FULL SIZE HERE!

Last edited by gabetx; Mar 11, 2021 at 5:44 AM.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 5:02 PM

LOVE! Can't wait to see the whole thing lit up!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 10:10 PM
Meh

https://www.statesman.com/story/busi...nt/6998495002/
Major tenant signs on at downtown Austin's Indeed Tower

Shonda Novak
Austin American-Statesman

Vinson & Elkins will occupy nearly 50,300 square feet in all — the entire 25th floor and part of the 26th floor — in the new tower.

Since the start of the pandemic last year, sublease space in the Austin market has increased by nearly 3 million square feet — one of the steepest increases of any market in the country, Tenenbaum said.

By comparison, the entire Dallas/Fort Worth market also saw its office sublease space rise by about 3 million feet, but its office market has nearly 300 million more square feet than Austin's, Tenenbaum said.

On top of that, the estimated 8.3 million square feet of space under construction in the Austin region is the highest among major markets nationally, he said.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 11:07 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
https://www.statesman.com/story/busi...nt/6998495002/
Major tenant signs on at downtown Austin's Indeed Tower

Shonda Novak
Austin American-Statesman

Vinson & Elkins will occupy nearly 50,300 square feet in all — the entire 25th floor and part of the 26th floor — in the new tower.

Since the start of the pandemic last year, sublease space in the Austin market has increased by nearly 3 million square feet — one of the steepest increases of any market in the country, Tenenbaum said.

By comparison, the entire Dallas/Fort Worth market also saw its office sublease space rise by about 3 million feet, but its office market has nearly 300 million more square feet than Austin's, Tenenbaum said.

On top of that, the estimated 8.3 million square feet of space under construction in the Austin region is the highest among major markets nationally, he said.
Well, a positive spin on this would be that Austin's office market is obviously in a position to welcome back current tenants. However, it's also in a prime position to welcome relocations (HQ's) with both subleases and new-to-market developments.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 5:41 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Well, a positive spin on this would be that Austin's office market is obviously in a position to welcome back current tenants. However, it's also in a prime position to welcome relocations (HQ's) with both subleases and new-to-market developments.
I don't find subleases to be bad news at all honestly. I think some large companies are likely to move to part-time remote work or partial full-time remote work for the foreseeable future. We knew that large leases were being backed out of left and right 12 months ago, seeing someone occupying that space is 1) good for the original lease holder 2) good for the new tenant 3) great for the other businesses in and around downtown to get workers back by needing lunch and a watering hole after work.

Sub-leases being eaten up are a good sign for demand. It may be demand that can't afford market Triple-net pricing, but it still means there is strong demand for office space in downtown.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 2:25 PM

From @jtype's instagram

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 9:25 PM

I saw the crown for the first time in person last night and it looked amazing! I love the addition to the nighttime Austin Skyline.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin