HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 3:16 PM

Hey....is Western Final a sell out?? Just back from being out of country and curious how ticket sales are going. With the tropical temp forecast, there should be no excuse for not selling the joint out.

Hope Fajardo is able to play his 'full game' package! We need him to be as close to 100% to have a legit chance.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 4:54 PM

It's not bad. Still some seats open in the nose bleeds, looks like maybe 90% sold out?

Stadium by dan0myte, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 5:53 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
It's not bad. Still some seats open in the nose bleeds, looks like maybe 90% sold out?
More than that. Looks like at most 1000 tickets left, which would put it at 97% sold out. Given the temp, the rest of the tickets will probably go before gametime.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
quote:
The pop and draft lines were shut down for the last game already. In fact, I think one or some of the draft lines may have been damaged a couple of games ago because there was a problem with coors light.

The menus were also paired down a bit from what I could tell. I think part of the idea is to reduce waste as well. If they made a wide range of things the odds are higher you will have leftovers.

There will likely be staples like hot dogs, nachos, fries, popcorn etc...with cans of beer and bottled pop.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
More than that. Looks like at most 1000 tickets left, which would put it at 97% sold out. Given the temp, the rest of the tickets will probably go before gametime.
Odds are we might see a corporate buy to push it to a sellout if it's close.

Problem won't necessarily be with the ticket sales. Challenge is whether people show up. There weren't more than about 27k at the final home game of the regular season even though paid attention was much higher. Need people there to make noise!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:59 PM

I would assume this will sellout with the gold ole Rider / Bomber rivalry in full swing. Grey Cup berth on the line!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I would assume this will sellout with the gold ole Rider / Bomber rivalry in full swing. Grey Cup berth on the line!
I'm sure it will be a sell out, though that certainly hasn't been the case this year, according to this Global piece posted back on Nov. 4:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6126335/i...osaic-stadium/

Saskatchewan still has the highest overall attendance in the league I believe, but according to this article, high costs of attending games are causing some ticket buyer reluctance.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Tickets must be selling well - the Riders just sent out a message offering a "Club Seat Blitz" to their Rider Rewards members - I can't see it in the message, but I swore I saw that they were offering up 90 seat upgrades. They usually offer up 4-6 upgrades at best... and typically make the offer about a week before the game - not 48hours before the game.

Looking at the seat maps you shared, I bet they have demand for 'regular' seats, so if they can upgrade season ticket holders to the Club Seats, they can then sell their regular seats to someone else.

FWIW - I've upgraded a couple of times... the club seats aren't anything special. a little padding, individual armrest (not a shared armrest), and your own concession and washrooms. No access to the AGT Lounge. No free food (OK, free boxes of popcorn). I'd take the upgrade on a really hot/sunny day - to benefit from the shade (my seats are on the east side) - but other than that, I'd take my regular seat any day. I end up going down to the regular concessions (more variety), and craft beer corner anyway.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 1:22 PM

Just checked this morning and there a still a fair number of upper seats available as well as a scattering of re-sale seats on Ticketmaster. I had no idea the cost, so that might be a bit of a deterrent. It is $74 for a nose bleed seat (although I know every seat in the stadium is actually a pretty good one!)

Still hoping there are enough walk ups today to sell it out....a home game western final does not happen very often!!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 2:36 PM

I watched a replay of parts of the game and Java Post's drone shots looked great. Yes it was a sellout. It really is a privilege to be able to attend football in this fantastic stadium.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I watched a replay of parts of the game and Java Post's drone shots looked great. Yes it was a sellout. It really is a privilege to be able to attend football in this fantastic stadium.
Agreed, it was a real treat to see those fantastic drone shots of the staduim -- gave the broadcast a "Grey Cup" feel. The only minor distraction (cosmetically) was the paint job at centre field, where the Mosaic logo was covered over with an "S" logo. Not sure why they did this but it didnt turn out very well in my opinion. Everything else was top notch, the game included. Such a photogenic stadium.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks very much for the compliment. I will pass those along to our drone pilot and camera operator. Wayne Mantyka from CTV Regina was just in our office this afternoon, interviewing our pilot for a story on our work with TSN for the CFL western final.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanClimate View Post
Agreed, it was a real treat to see those fantastic drone shots of the staduim -- gave the broadcast a "Grey Cup" feel. The only minor distraction (cosmetically) was the paint job at centre field, where the Mosaic logo was covered over with an "S" logo. Not sure why they did this but it didnt turn out very well in my opinion. Everything else was top notch, the game included. Such a photogenic stadium.
The Mosaic logo at centre field is stitched in, rather than painted, so covering it up with another logo (a painted one) is tough.

It was covered up at the request of the CFL, since the Mosaic Company is a Rider sponsor, not a CFL league sponsor, and the playoff games and Grey Cup game are league-sponsor properties.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 11:28 PM

Even the "SaskTel" on the Maxton was tarped over.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Even the "SaskTel" on the Maxton was tarped over.
Yes, since SaskTel, like Mosaic, is not a league-wide sponsor.

That's also the reason anyone who was at the stadium for the game saw commercials and contests that never ran during the regular season. It was all CFL sponsor content, not Rider sponsor content.

Our crew (MaxTron crew) goes through this every time there is a playoff game or Grey Cup in Regina.

We also have to change things/cover things up when there is provincial election and certain crown corporations cannot be seen to be advertising. SaskTel usually gets an exception from that because they are competing on a commercial level with Telus, Bell, etc., as opposed to a monopoly like SaskPower.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 1:59 AM

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 6:57 PM

Java Post did a fantastic job with the drone and spider cams. I hope the CFL, or some of the other teams, look to Java Post to do some games in the future. Our stadium looked great, especially with a sell-out. It looked like an NFL stadium. Good job guys!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug123 View Post
Yes, since SaskTel, like Mosaic, is not a league-wide sponsor.

That's also the reason anyone who was at the stadium for the game saw commercials and contests that never ran during the regular season. It was all CFL sponsor content, not Rider sponsor content.
All of the Founding Partners’ logos on the walls behind the benches were covered over with green tarps. I did notice SaskTel wasn’t covered over at their gate... presumably it’s not in the cameras’ line of sight.

Quote:
We also have to change things/cover things up when there is provincial election and certain crown corporations cannot be seen to be advertising. SaskTel usually gets an exception from that because they are competing on a commercial level with Telus, Bell, etc., as opposed to a monopoly like SaskPower.
I’ve always found this weird - other Canadian governments don’t put a hold on Crown activities during elections. Sometimes tone things down, or pause campaigns... but they don’t cover up signage & go to the extremes that Sask does. Provincial employees also have a near embargo on travel during the election - even for routine activities. It’s weird.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 12:56 PM

This stadium is the biggest most exciting build in Saskatchewan , followed by the Regina bypass , global, transportation, hub, and Saskatoon’s River Valley. What are your thoughts?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
This stadium is the biggest most exciting build in Saskatchewan , followed by the Regina bypass , global, transportation, hub, and Saskatoon’s River Valley. What are your thoughts?
Are you trolling? LOL.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan